• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

Post Your Tangled PODM Cels Here

Status
Not open for further replies.
Post Your Tangled PODM Cels Here
Great scene fellow bay area trader! I definitely agree...so sad that we're not near the park for these releases. Literally, the other threads about the tangled podm release made me so nervous/ jealous haha. I guess at least we're near Pixar and the awesome Walt Disney Family Museum? :)

Great scene fellow bay area trader! I definitely agree...so sad that we're not near the park for these releases. Literally, the other threads about the tangled podm release made me so nervous/ jealous haha. I guess at least we're near Pixar and the awesome Walt Disney Family Museum? :)

:) So very true! One seldom thinks about how one's location can impact life/interests. I finally went to the Walt Disney Family Museum for the first time a few months ago and had a blast. There is a lot of good historical stuff in there! The store is decent, too.

I can finally post my scenes! I have one more on the way as well that I will add later. :)

I put these in the mail day thread too.

102_3985.jpg

102_3987.jpg

I wish I could say this was a keeper but I got a trade offer I could not resist so it is right back out the door. It is seriously gorgeous though! Now I want another one...lol

102_3988.jpg

102_4002.jpg

My pins finally arrived. I got 2 from FL and one from CA. They are not the best scenes, but I am content with them. If only I could learn to take better Pics :lol:

scene1.jpg

scene2.jpg

Last one is my trader:

scene3.jpg

...And I got another one (with a fifth on the way)! I think I need to call it quits soon... eBay is my doom!

I really like this scene a lot. Even though Rapunzel's parents' lantern has already been lifted up beyond the frame, Rapunzel's expression is so beautiful with Flynn on the side and all of the lanterns all around them. Of the pins I have so far, this one is my second-favorite after the very first solo-Flynn pin I posted on the last page. I never thought I'd get so drawn to the PODM pins...

And here's my 5th (and last) pin. I can't imagine keeping all 5, but who knows? In addition to having both Rapunzel and Flynn in it, I like this pin, because Rapunzel is holding up the satchel. I have a replica satchel made out of deerhide leather that I have decided to use when I am at the Disney Parks. :) I took it with me every day when I was at WDW in May. It's always great when people (especially character performers) recognize it for what it is. I will be bringing it with me back to WDW this autumn.

How do you take close up shots of your cel like that? What camera do you use?

And here's my 5th (and last) pin. I can't imagine keeping all 5, but who knows? In addition to having both Rapunzel and Flynn in it, I like this pin, because Rapunzel is holding up the satchel. I have a replica satchel made out of deerhide leather that I have decided to use when I am at the Disney Parks. :) I took it with me every day when I was at WDW in May. It's always great when people (especially character performers) recognize it for what it is. I will be bringing it with me back to WDW this autumn.

How do you take close up shots of your cel like that? What camera do you use?

Oh, my camera is the Canon PowerShot A3000 IS - a rather inexpensive camera. Basically, I open a blank Microsoft Word page and prop the pin backing agains the screen to illuminate the film scene in the pin. I just use the "Auto" mode with no flash with a very steady hand. It takes a few tries, but they seem to be turning out well. :) I don't use the zoom at all.

Last edited:
Thanks! I'll have to save this somewhere so I don't forget! They are such great pictures!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back