• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

Questions for Disneyland pin traders

Questions for Disneyland pin traders

LiliMay

Little Mermaid Collector
Rating - 100%
42   0   1
I was at World of Disney at down town for the recent Little Mermaid Peice of Movie pin. Where exactly in 10 min they ran out. Then I ran to the park and yet again I was unlucky enough to get a pin ( a extremly unfair cast member sold a single person 6 pins, which is unfair. Since most of you all know we're only allows to purchase 2). I noticed ALOT of people had several in their grips and I had none, yet I was there at 8. Does anyone have advice on how I can get the Lion King POM pin? I heard that people was at the Pin trader cart the night before. Is this true? Please give a newbie some advice. The only reason im going because im desperate to get the Ariel ( since its what i collect ) and see if some one would trade me if I get a good scene from Lion King.

I was not happy with the fact that everyone who stays at the hotels got in an hour early and first pick, so I take it if I want to have a better chance to get a pin I need to stay at the hotel? because by the time I was at the register they were almost out. why can't they only open the rides an hour early and not the shops, but then I guess there would just be a line anyway, lol, so that woudn't work, why can't they just do the braclet lines again? and im asuming they only keep track of how many you bought in each store? so in one store I could buy my limit run to another and buy another 2, that is not fair. There has got to be a better way to do it.

There is nothing fair when it comes to releases anymore. Try to get to know the folks that are picking up 10 and 20 of them, and don't ever trade with them. Selling an extra on Ebay to cover yours is not a bad thing. But taking advantage and getting 10-20+ and selling them all for $200-400 on Ebay does nothing but put a sour taste to pin trading.

[...]why can't they just do the braclet lines again? and im asuming they only keep track of how many you bought in each store? so in one store I could buy my limit run to another and buy another 2, that is not fair. There has got to be a better way to do it.

Yeah I even saw people calling their friends and saying they had 3 people in each pin store line to buy them pins too. I even tried convincing people who had 6-7 pins to let me buy off them but the greediness of people astounded me. It almost made my beginning pin collecting hobby come to a early end. I was so devastated how Disney handled the entire situation. And spending the night in the hotel just to do early morning seemes rediculious to me, especially since I live so close. :(

For the little mermaid release, I got there at the pin trading booth about 6:30am. Stood in line but it was worth it because I was able to get a pin. :) I had to drive about an hour to get there so I'm really glad I was able to get one... I don't think Lion King is going to be as popular.

Well I'm glad a fellow pin trader got it and not just people trying to make a profit off our hobby on eBay. :(
I hope I do find someone that will trade me still for a Lion King POM for a Little Mermaid, so I do hope it will be popular.

If you're willing to spend extra $, make breakfast reservations for Plaza Inn for 7 am (if they accept them that early), go to the shop to buy your pins and then go eat breakfast? OR sign up for DCA early entry (so you can get in at 7 am)

BTW, it costs $200+ for a hotel room at DLR (which is the price of 8 pins).

Otherwise, see if 3 other people are willing to split a room with you at Paradise Pier (that's usually the cheapest of the 3 DLR resort properties).

If you're willing to spend extra $, make breakfast reservations for Plaza Inn for 7 am (if they accept them that early), go to the shop to buy your pins and then go eat breakfast? OR sign up for DCA early entry (so you can get in at 7 am)

BTW, it costs $200+ for a hotel room at DLR (which is the price of 8 pins).

Otherwise, see if 3 other people are willing to split a room with you at Paradise Pier (that's usually the cheapest of the 3 DLR resort properties).

Yeah as the hotels can up even more $300 during the summer so this is a better idea..

What I've been doing these last two times is getting there at 6. I know its early but you park and wait at the gates for the park to open then run to the stores and line up. I have done this twice and got pins each time. So the key is be early.

Back