• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

Reference Etiquette Question

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reference Etiquette Question

bwschultz

New DPF Member
Rating - 100%
83   0   0
I am still a relative Newbie when it comes to trading and I do not have a lot of references on Dizpins mainly due to the fact that several of the people whom I have traded with failed to leave me a reference. I try to leave a reference for all if I am happy with the trade.

Is it acceptable to email them back and ask them to leave a reference or is that being too pushy?

Let me know what you think.

I know this doesn't happen to anyone else, right?

Thanks

I don't think it's pushy at all! Leaving references is a very useful tool with online trading, it should be done. I know I have forgotten to do it, and I find it very helpful when someone reminds me.

I wait a few days and if no ref,,I email them"I hope our trade was OK"as I see no ref was left,I left you one becuz the trade was great,if ours was ,could please return the ref
and they usually do then...Judy

No you are not pushy at all, if there is not a stated reason for lack of reference<ie you shipped late, package was damaged due to poor packaging, basically your boo boo> it is reasonable to at least inquire . If for some reason the tradee was not happy it gives them a chance to voice their cocerns, if they just forgot its a gentle nudge.
Either way, you can not force it, it is thier opinion. Like a tip at a dining facility it is based on your percieved level of service. If you are happy with it, you recommend it, if you werent , for whatever reason you dont!!
but to ask is not out side of the bonds of etiquette, at least in my oPINion, it just shows a trader who wants to make sure the trade was satisfactory for all!!
my two shillings worth

Not in the least bit pushy. if there werent happy then I'd rather know and if they were happy then its just courteous to leave a reference

It is not pushy at all to ask! :) As a pin trading newbie, we count on those references so that others will not be hesitant to trade with us. I always leave a positive reference if I am satisfied with the trade. If feedback has not been left for me within a few days, I will email the person I traded with to thank them again for the trade, remind them I left positive feedback and would they mind leaving positive feedback for me? This works for me 99% of the time. :)

You absolutely should ask. I know I have forgotten multiple times to leave a reference for a good trade and I appreciate the reminders when I get them. The reference system only has value if people take the time to populate it. So for all of you out there that haven't gotten a reference from me yet, send me a PM. ;)

I tend to forget or just get busy. I try to always leave feedback, but we all live in a crazy world, so when I get reminders, I like it. :)

Go ahead and pm them. If one of them is me, you better hurry before I forget. lololol

Vicki

Thanks everyone I will be sending quite a few emails. Fortunately, no one who has responded to this thread will be getting a reference reminder from me.

I guess I've been lucky in that everyone I've traded with, has left me one. When I receive their pin, I usually say. "I received your pin(s), and left you a reference and I would appreciate the same when my pin arrives." But most of the time, they've gotten their pin already and have replied to me with a similar message.

I don't mind being reminded to leave a reference, although I don't remember forgetting to leave one. :)

Like Hopemax, when I receive a pin (when I was still receiving pins, that is), I post a reference right away, then send an email to the person saying, "The pin arrived in the mail today, safe and sound, and I've left a reference for you on DizPins." I don't ask the person to leave one for me in exchange, though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back