• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

Revised Animator's Dolls?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Revised Animator's Dolls?

MarieGrace

Best. Day. EVER!!
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I found this link on the LE Disney Doll Facebook page. radiodisneyclub.fr/poupees-animators-2014/
Here is what it says translated (courtesy google translate ;) ):
"At the end of 2014, Disney Store will be released a third edition of the famous dolls Animator's Disney Princesses!

As a reminder, this collection was launched first in the United States in October 2011 and in France in December 2011 The dolls are then sold 30 € and 35 € Disney Store at Disneyland Paris.
In August 2013, Disney Store released a second edition of Animators: the outfits are more or less modified depending on the model, but mostly we note the disappearance of the "cuddly".

In late August 2014, we offer the next visual dolls new outfits for some of them but especially the return of "cuddly", including Merida!"

Looks like the plushes are returning!! :).

I also thought I'd share some collages I made of the 1st edition, 2nd edition, and these newest revisions so we could see the differences. Hope you enjoy! :)

Snow White
3467zg6.jpg

Cinderella
9zot2v.jpg

Aurora.
2yvtndj.jpg

Ariel
2q2plr8.jpg

Belle.
23h9mas.jpg

Jasmine
11jsuti.jpg

Pocahontas
crocz.jpg

Mulan
152kmt1.jpg

Rapunzel
347brk4.jpg

Merida. (I don't think she was included in the first edition since her movie wasn't released yet)
zukuaa.jpg

I'm definitely excited for Ariel to come back with her "plushy" flounder again! I missed her when they first came out in 2011! Wonder if they'll do Frozen ones ... But of course I should know the answer by now LOL :lol:

The new faces look really nice. Angus is soo cute. I'm glad all the crazy glitter is gone, even when I want to buy them for kids I know the parents would hate me for the glitter.

I'm conflicted on some of them..

Snow White: Why not just keep the cape?
Ariel: What happened to her fins?
Belle: Either go blue or stay the same. What a mess!
Jasmine: What a downgrade... The first two are so much better!
Rapunzel: Why take out the detailing on her dress?
Merida: Why Angus instead of her brothers?

So the majority have been an improvement with the exception of Belle, Ariel, and Jasmine.
Still, Briar Rose is back!

Last edited:
I'm definitely excited for Ariel to come back with her "plushy" flounder again! I missed her when they first came out in 2011! Wonder if they'll do Frozen ones ... But of course I should know the answer by now LOL :lol:

Actually, here's what's going on:
They will be releasing a set that includes BOTH Anna and Elsa with new outfits, the dress stand, and plush olaf.

The world needed a THIRD edition of the same &%&*$%&$%^(& characters, when there are still other characters (including but not limited to ALICE) who haven't gotten an Animators Collection doll yet???? Pfft.

Edit: But happy for those collectors who can finally get the plushies without having to pay too much on the secondary market. =)

Last edited:
Most of the dolls seems to have gone back to more of their original design (just cheaper looking with a lot of details gone, like Aurora's scarf being plain) - except a few which seems to be a mix of the first and second (like Cinderella).
Belle is a hot mess - sorry, but she went from being the best looking doll among them all (first edition), to looking like Jane and now she just look cheap and awful.

Ariel's fin got the cheap make-over too. Awful.

Where's Tiana?

There was a first edition Merida - she just had a Brave box instead. Her dress was light blue with a yellow ribbon.

Last edited:
Yeah, it's defintely time to stop rehashing the original 10 dolls over and over when there are SO MANY characters they can add to the line.

Poor Jasmine, she's looking worse every time they release her! I like Mulan's changes--but not enough to buy her. I don't plan to buy any of these, actually. I didn't buy the ones from last year, either, and I have an entire wall of DAC dolls.

Hopefully this is the last year they do these characters. Then again, they must be selling if they keep producing them, right? It's probably no different from releasing the 12" play dolls every year. But then at least those dolls get new characters added every now and then.

However, I do look forward to the deluxe sets, like the Sleeping Beauty one that's sure to come out this year. I wonder why it hasn't leaked yet.

I think is a good sign. And I think it's great they recover the plushy ;-) and to come back to the briar rose Aurora, it's a shame they did't do the same with Belle... With a Bell in yellow I don' have too much faith in any Jane doll, whot do you think?
I have already all the dolls (fisrt edition) and I would kill for Angus, but I agree it would be better a little bear brother... And if they realease a new Anna with Olaf, Elsa with the snow monster, Kristoff with a mini Sven and Tinkerbell with, well, whoever :-D I can cry jajajajajaja Not enough to buy again all of them but a sad loss for me...

On the other hand I'm also a bit disappointed. I was expecting new characters. I really really wanted a Malecifent doll. And now with Big hero 6 I was hoping they take advance of the hero theme to introduce the other ladies or heroines: Kida, Meg, Jane, Esmeralda, and maybe Alice. I agree with Quasimodo: it's time to move on. I don't meant that they forget the princess, of course, but we need they focuse on more things. Mostly because I don't think Disney is only about princess. My little girl is 21 months old :)-P) and we watch a lot of Disney movies (and others) and I would never say Disney is about princess is about something else. This is why is a shame we hardly find merchandasin of other characters or movies.

Back to the theme :-D I was also expecting an Aurora deluxe set gift something else :-D maybethey still realease it even with the Frozen one, I don't know.

But these is only a leak so maybe we're disppointed for nothing and they realease a sorprise new line, right?

(Sorry for my English, I'm a bit "dull" today even in Spanish... :-D)

Last edited:
I like that the plushies are back and Angus looks cute. But did they really need to revamp the princesses a third time haha. I agree Belle went from being the cutest to looking the cheapest. If they put Aurora back in her Briar Rose look why not just put Belle back in her blue dress? She looks so much better in it. I also wish they would give her a plush Phillipe instead of Chip. It would make more sense. When she was a toddler she wouldn't have known Chip yet. But that ship has sailed with Merida getting Angus.

I really want an animator Alice. An Alice with a Dinah plush would be so cute. Thanks MarieGrace for making the lovely collages :D

Last edited:
[/QUOTE]I really want an animator Alice. An Alice with a Dinah plush would be so cute.[/QUOTE]

Or or even the white rabbit! We just need an ALICE! I have a Rapunzel that I plan on customizing into an Alice.

Love the Alice custom! Looks much better as a Alice than a Cinderella. I feel Belle looks the worst, I love the yellow dress on Belle as a adult but the blue suits the toddler belle much better. I really like the Briar Rose. Never actually gotten one of these but I am tempted to get a Briar or Elsa one.

Oh my that is adorable! Is she yours? I thought about using Cinderella for my custom, but i just really love Rapunzel's face. I really just need to find a dress b/c i can't sew at all!

Agree 100%, I don't love Cindy's face mold but this custom is ADORABLE. As far as a dress, not sure what it would cost, but you might browse around Etsy. Pretty sure there are folks on there who have made Alice costumes for American Girl dolls and the like; one of those might work if you really don't want to make your own.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back