• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

Rubber pins got dirty?

Rubber pins got dirty?

LiliMay

Little Mermaid Collector
Rating - 100%
42   0   1
So! I was going through my pins and realized the few rubber added portions of my pins have taken on the black from my book! What the heck!!? I had no idea that rubber would hold that black color or get it for that matter. Am i just screwed? Is there any way I can get the black off? I tried alcohol and nail polish remover with no luck :(

As far as I know that's how all the free-d gets... best of luck... Start wrapping the other free-d pins you have to avoid it.. :(

Maybe try baby wipes??

What about that rubber shoe cleaning polish?? Does anyone know if that will work?? :eek:

:( This happened to my 92627 and I am so sad about it. It's like the rubber just absorbed the black dye from the pin book. I have tried every cleaning product I have and nothing has worked. It seems like it's really soaked in there, not just on the surface so I don't think anything will help, but I didn't try shoe polish or anything specifically designed to clean rubber yet. Good luck, and let me know if you find something that works!

Maybe we should add a little warning on Pin Pics about Free-D pins and pin books because I know this has happened to a lot of people. :(

I would try rubbing alcohol. I know it will take black off of the rubber on Tennis shoes so maybe it will work?

Hydrogen peroxide
bleach

That is it for my guesses

Last edited:
I would be interested as well. It happened to one of my HDKL pins. :( I even tried a Tide pen and it didn't help. I will try the eraser and see what happens.

Back