• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

Open Game: Spooky SoraPandora’s Halloween Pin Game!

Open Game: Spooky SoraPandora’s Halloween Pin Game!
Okay. I think this game is a no-go.

I’ll leave it open a few more days just in case, but pretty sure I’m going to have to cancel it due to lack of interest.

Thank you to @Ajk and @firechief18 for signing up!

giphy.gif

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bummer.

One last thing to try - We have a lot of new folks and they might not be familiar with how our games work so might be hesitant. Ours are very different than the "games" you find on Facebook and such. Those are really raffles where one person gets to choose a pin and everyone else gets nothing. In our games, everyone always gets a prize. So all the 13 prizes Sora listed will go to the 13 participants. Once the game is full, a moderator will run a randomizer and the participants will pick the pin they want in the order of the randomizer. It's fun to see who snags what, waiting for your turn to come, or, better yet, being at the top of the list!

Not sure if that brings any more participants, but wanted to make sure that was clear to everyone.

@Hernandezzz1 @dptsquared @soldmypants4pins @Briggsmm @droiddoes007 @arubio @Jermik @ohsweetmel @bgpeacock @myth @girlsx3 @EggonToast

Bummer.

One last thing to try - We have a lot of new folks and they might not be familiar with how our games work so might be hesitant. Ours are very different than the "games" you find on Facebook and such. Those are really raffles where one person gets to choose a pin and everyone else gets nothing. In our games, everyone always gets a prize. So all the 13 prizes Sora listed will go to the 13 participants. Once the game is full, a moderator will run a randomizer and the participants will pick the pin they want in the order of the randomizer. It's fun to see who snags what, waiting for your turn to come, or, better yet, being at the top of the list!

Not sure if that brings any more participants, but wanted to make sure that was clear to everyone.

@Hernandezzz1 @dptsquared @soldmypants4pins @Briggsmm @droiddoes007 @arubio @Jermik @ohsweetmel @bgpeacock @myth @girlsx3 @EggonToast

Clarifying.. if we pay for a spot, the number is not based on the PIN numbers? It’ll be random selected ? Yes definitely new to this! Nice to know everyone will score something in a raffle!

Clarifying.. if we pay for a spot, the number is not based on the PIN numbers? It’ll be random selected ? Yes definitely new to this! Nice to know everyone will score something in a raffle!

And yes Tapatalk is very hard platform for me to understand at the moment. It’ll take time for me to understand it. Will this be live or how does it work when all the spots are filled?

That's cprrect - the number you select when signing up is not related to the list of pins Sora posted. It's just your number going into the randomizer. So for example, I picked #13. When the randomizer is run, #13 might be any spot from the first to the last. We then go in the order that the randomizer specified and I would get to pick which of the thirteen prizes I want when it is my turn. If my #13 was first in the randomizer, I could pick any prize. If my #13 is second, there will be twelve prizes left for me to choose from as the first person would have taken one. Etc.
And yes Tapatalk is very hard platform for me to understand at the moment. It’ll take time for me to understand it. Will this be live or how does it work when all the spots are filled?

Not live, which is why we have a moderator run the randomizer rather than the person running the game. They can do it at any point after the spots are filled (but they are pretty quick and likely will be very soon once filled). Then, each person gets up to 24 hours to make their selection. But again, we tend to be pretty quick and it tends to move faster than that.

@Ajk Thank you so much for clarifying everything!

As he said, yes, every spot absolutely gets a prize! And spots are put into a randomizer for picking order. You may get first place, you may get last! And when it’s your turn, you get to pick your prize. Please let me know if you have any questions!

I used to play games on DPF all the time, but I think the forum has gotten less popular. The thought didn’t even occur to me that there might be new people who aren’t used to these games.

Back