• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

ZAPPED! Super Awesome Zap from my Super Duper Agent & Friend, AgentR!!

ZAPPED! Super Awesome Zap from my Super Duper Agent & Friend, AgentR!!

Zagales14

Duke Alex, Master Zapper
Rating - 100%
93   0   0
Let me preface this by saying that as a guy in this hobby, surprises don't typically lead to the same emotions that perhaps a woman would feel. It's always a joyful moment when someone takes the time to think of you and send you something, anything, in appreciation for your kindness, or your friendship, or out of pure generosity. However, rare is the event that you receive from someone whom you've never met, something so personal and touching as a letter. It means more than a pin, or object, as those words were thought of, chosen and expressed directly and singularly for you.

Today, that is what I received from AgentR, or to me, my friend, Ryan!

Ryan and I have traded multiple times in my short trading time thus far. Each and every time has been an absolute pleasure to trade and speak to Ryan. It's gone beyond pin trading, and we've gotten to know a little bit about each other on a personal level, something that I have not quite experienced a whole lot, yet.

Anyhow, a couple of weeks ago, Ryan and I had a conversation where, in discussing the April 30th Event at WDW, I revealed to Ryan that I was going to be unable to attend because of how busy I was, in part, finishing up law school exams to successfully graduate on May 11th.

Apparently, Ryan remembered...

We had traded last week, and I had received my pins from Ryan already. So to receive another package from him in the mail was... well, an unexpected surprise...

I open the envelope, and I start to see the words "zap" all over the place.. and then some instructions. Yes, there were steps to this... how fun!!

The first step was to read the letter. Now, I'm thinking, like most other zaps, that it's likely a one liner saying congratulations, but boy was I wrong.

This is what Ryan said to me:

"Hey Alex,

You must be thinking, what is this? Didn't we trade last week? Well.... SURPRISE!!! So this is a different type of Zap. This is a congratulations on graduation from law school!!! It takes a lot of time, dedication, and perseverance to attend and graduate from law school! I am so happy for you, and I hope you receive lots of success.
I want to take a few lines to thank you for being such a cool and personable human being. You are the first pin trader who I feel is my long distance friend. I am truly honored and blessed to have communicated with you through pins. You are such an awesome and kind person, especially with your 52 week zap quest!..."

Now, I teared... I'm a guy, I like to think I'm pretty tough (Don't we all) and all... But I was mush... My eyes teared and my heart melted.

I had not even seen the pins yet, lol! Ryan sent me a great Cars pin (Which by the way, I had added TODAY to my wants list before receiving this package), and a great mickey pin (mickey the lawyer??) Which I will absolutely find a spot for in my office when I start working after the bar exam in late July!!

The other steps were opening the pins! This is what Ryan sent to me:

So Ryan, Thank you! I too consider you my long-distance friend. I am ever so grateful to have met you through this hobby! Thank you for your kind words, your generosity, your friendship, and your time in writing something personally. That letter touched my heart! Thank you so much for being you!!

~ Z

Huge congratulations on graduating law school! Should we start calling you Zagales14, JD or Zagales14, Esq.? :p Also, totally awesome letter and zap!

Last edited:
I am so glad you got your graduation gift!!! I would like to think that it is a Mickey as a Lawyer. :)

Thank-you for those wonderful words. I appreciate it. Glad to be able to call you my LDF! ;)

AWW you guys made me so happy. I have traded with Perry's right hand pal Agent R (Ryan ) and he is a GREAT guy and Z I think we have chatted and traded... you are awesome too! ! I am happy you guys found a deeper connection than just the surface of pins.. GIRLS do it all the time LOL okay I couldn't resist! but seriously.. you guys connected. That's great and it is awesome that you kicked @55 at law school and that it is recognized. Congrats to both of you for your new friendship. Great ZAP! I think Lawyer Mickey will look GREAT on the wall next to the diploma/license! :)

Back