• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

The nicest thing a fellow trader has done for you

Status
Not open for further replies.
The nicest thing a fellow trader has done for you
I would have to say it was my first trip to DLR, I had spent three days trying to find a monsters Inc. pin...at that point I did not care wwhat character it was! i was outside of Frontier Ville when I spoted a book out, I walked up and asked the first fellow if he had any monsters inc, he said no but the couple to the left of me said hey we have some. I went over and they showed me the Mike with his car pin, they had two I did not know that one was the chaser as they looked very similar to me. When I asked what they wanted for it they asked what I had, I showed them a dismal rack and HM filled lanyard...the wife looked at her husband and said ooo lets take Jessica(which i had just purchased at the store) The husband then pointed out the difference and let me trade him for the chaser instead of the rack pin, I was THRILLED! I thanked them and went on in my Monsters Inc. bliss. I will never forget that day, I just wish i had gotten their names!

Wow, talk about a loaded question (LOL). There are so MANY really great, generous, and kind traders that I have met over the years. Everyone one this board has tried to help me with my "impossible" wants list.

But Tyler went above and beyond to help me get some pins I really wanted. He is a HM collector and he was willing to trade some of his pins to get some pins that I wanted. I was so surprised by his generousity.

Stacey is such a great friend and helps me out when I need it and even checks in on me to see how I'm doing. Mae, well, she is great and paints such wonderful (literally) pictures. I put my pins on my mood picture and it tells me how I am that day:)

Carolyn, Debby, Dan, Vicki, and all of you (I'm really terrible with names) has been so kind to me. My best memories may not be trading, but giving - from the heart. Whether it be pins, time, emails, or encouragement I have those blessings by the bucket full and I'm very grateful.

This has to be the most generous group of people there are. Nowhere else could you find such wonderful friends, even though you may not ever meet in person, they are your friends - for life.

My motto has always been - it's better to give than to recieve - and I have been given a LOT!!

We have traded with so many WONDERFUL members, but during a trade with huertajv we were ZAPPED! with 12 additional pins from our wants list. It was a huge surprise and helped us get one step closer to finishing our hidden mickey/cast lanyard collection goal. :)

Everybody's been pretty awesome to me, but Dan and Caligirl really stand out. Both invested an entire day in showing me the ropes / carting my behind around, giving me incredible crash courses on hardcore pin trading matters. Dan picked me up at my house, took me to my first-ever PTN (getting me there super-early so I could get a complete experience), introduced me around, and then returned me to my home, deluging me with awesome advice all the way. Combined with his incredibly informative PM's prior to the PTN, he's been helpful beyond words. He even walked me through how to get a good pin bag and then fill it with coroplast, which is just the best. He continues to be immensely helpful, which is incredible since I've largely just been a useless sack to him so far. Hopefully I'll soon find a way to repay his kindness! :)

Dan also introduced me to Caligirl, who I hung out with today from about 11 AM until the sun went down, as she toured me around every inch of the parks and showed me a ton of places that regularly have trading lanyards. She pointed out dozens of lanyard waypoints that I had no idea existed: places I'd walked past for months and was just completely ignorant of. She also gave me plenty of pointers and trading tips, helped me make countless trades, and... probably a bunch of other stuff I'm forgetting! She was awesome.

-Jason

Receiving one of my top 10 wanted pins/Holy Grails today from Laramie has reminded me of the amazing kindness shown by Disneypins99.

If you saw on Laramie's co-op thread. Both Disneypins99 and I posted at 10:10am saying we wanted the facilier pin.

99's post was ahead of mine and they must have beat me by a second.

I was absolutely gutted, however Laramie and 99 arranged for me to have the pin because 99 was only going to use it as a trade.

99 said they were pleased it was going to a personal collection and they understood how much I wanted the pin!

A massive thankyou to Laramie and DP99.

Regards,

Martin :)

A fellow trader allowed me to trade them for one of my most wanteds, not even for pins they wanted!

We have traded with so many WONDERFUL members, but during a trade with huertajv we were ZAPPED! with 12 additional pins from our wants list. It was a huge surprise and helped us get one step closer to finishing our hidden mickey/cast lanyard collection goal. :)

It was a pleasure and I am glad you enjoyed them and it helped with your collection!!!

Vicki

Wow, talk about a loaded question (LOL). There are so MANY really great, generous, and kind traders that I have met over the years. Everyone one this board has tried to help me with my "impossible" wants list.

But Tyler went above and beyond to help me get some pins I really wanted. He is a HM collector and he was willing to trade some of his pins to get some pins that I wanted. I was so surprised by his generousity.

Stacey is such a great friend and helps me out when I need it and even checks in on me to see how I'm doing. Mae, well, she is great and paints such wonderful (literally) pictures. I put my pins on my mood picture and it tells me how I am that day:)

Carolyn, Debby, Dan, Vicki, and all of you (I'm really terrible with names) has been so kind to me. My best memories may not be trading, but giving - from the heart. Whether it be pins, time, emails, or encouragement I have those blessings by the bucket full and I'm very grateful.

This has to be the most generous group of people there are. Nowhere else could you find such wonderful friends, even though you may not ever meet in person, they are your friends - for life.

My motto has always been - it's better to give than to recieve - and I have been given a LOT!!

You know, to be sweet and kind, you have to be around sweet and kind people!!! You muxt be one of them!!! :-0)

Vicki

Any time :0)

Everybody's been pretty awesome to me, but Dan and Caligirl really stand out. Both invested an entire day in showing me the ropes / carting my behind around, giving me incredible crash courses on hardcore pin trading matters. Dan picked me up at my house, took me to my first-ever PTN (getting me there super-early so I could get a complete experience), introduced me around, and then returned me to my home, deluging me with awesome advice all the way. Combined with his incredibly informative PM's prior to the PTN, he's been helpful beyond words. He even walked me through how to get a good pin bag and then fill it with coroplast, which is just the best. He continues to be immensely helpful, which is incredible since I've largely just been a useless sack to him so far. Hopefully I'll soon find a way to repay his kindness! :)

Dan also introduced me to Caligirl, who I hung out with today from about 11 AM until the sun went down, as she toured me around every inch of the parks and showed me a ton of places that regularly have trading lanyards. She pointed out dozens of lanyard waypoints that I had no idea existed: places I'd walked past for months and was just completely ignorant of. She also gave me plenty of pointers and trading tips, helped me make countless trades, and... probably a bunch of other stuff I'm forgetting! She was awesome.

-Jason

Receiving one of my top 10 wanted pins/Holy Grails today from Laramie has reminded me of the amazing kindness shown by Disneypins99.

If you saw on Laramie's co-op thread. Both Disneypins99 and I posted at 10:10am saying we wanted the facilier pin.

99's post was ahead of mine and they must have beat me by a second.

I was absolutely gutted, however Laramie and 99 arranged for me to have the pin because 99 was only going to use it as a trade.

99 said they were pleased it was going to a personal collection and they understood how much I wanted the pin!

A massive thankyou to Laramie and DP99.

Regards,

Martin :)

Trust me it was my pleasure! I am just so happy that you are STILL doing the happy dance!

The nicest thing a fellow trader has done for me was accept a pin that she did not want or need and she sent me one of my holy grail pins in exchange! And she's one of DPF's own - donnam! Thank you so much Donna for your incredible kindness in offering this pin to me in the first place!

pin61615.jpg

When my pins are good enough to help someone else obtain a holy grail, I will most certainly pay it forward! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back