• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

The nicest thing a fellow trader has done for you

Status
Not open for further replies.
The nicest thing a fellow trader has done for you

showmethepins

Gotta Find Mickey Pins!
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
I love how close the pin trading community is. Whether it's ZAPPING, supporting projects like mine, or just chatting about Disney look-a-likes, it's always a good time.

I thought it would be cool if we shared the nicest things fellow traders have done for us.

For me, I started pin trading in 2001. I only got about a dozen pins. For my next trip the following year I wanted to come equipped. I purchased 50 of the "Celebrate the Future Hand in Hand 2000" pins off the bay. I didn't realize you couldn't trade a pin to a cast member if they already had it, and I didn't realize that the cast member lanyards were saturated with these pins. Needless to say I was very disappointed.

During my online trading I encountered a very pleasant lady (I forget her name now!) who offered to trade the pins for me in the parks so that when I came to Florida for vacation I would be able to trade freely. Ever week I sent her 10 pins and she'd send me back 10 unique pins. She even paid the shipping to send them back to me and included a couple of extras! How awesome is that!?!? I'll never forget that act of kindness and hope I get the change to repay it or "pay it forward" in the near future.

Now it's your turn to share. ;)

Wow!!!!

I have had so many that it would take too long. I truly appreciate everyone in the pin trading community. So many have helped with learning about pins and trading etiquette, as well as how to just enjoy the experience.

I have been given pins off and on by various people. In fact recently we had a trading event and someone from the event thanked me for getting everything together and then handed me a pin that I so wanted to trade for with them, but was worried I had nothing. It was not a rack pin, and is something most people would want, so I was really touched by that gesture of kindness. :)

I hope I am able to make people as good as they have made me feel.

I think the nicest thing a pin person ever did for me was when nursek8 sold me her extra 999 event ticket and when we met up outside the mansion and were eating our cake (which horribly stained our teeth!) she just gave me a Haunted Mansion T-shirt for no reason! I was so shocked and still grateful!!! :)

I traded with a guy over on the Disboards Collector board when pin trading was big back then 2001,2002ish. It was for one of the 2000 WDW POM I needed. A few months later, I got a PM from him that he had traded for the other 2 pins that I needed to complete my set, and then we traded. I thought it was very nice of him to continue to think of me after our original trade.

Last edited:
Certainly lots to choose from, but here's a recent one. Stitch2814 (Danny) PM'd me out of the blue asking if I would like him to pick up a Briar Rose pin for me that was going to be released in Europe. He did this based on my DPF name and knowing I liked Briar Rose. I was very appreciative and absolutely took him up on that offer!

Oooh... one more. Averysfairytale gave me an amazing miniature duck marionnette (Christmas ornament) that Brian had made himself, back in Dec 09. I had forgotten about it until I unpacked the Christmas ornaments to decorate the tree this year. Brought a smile to face all over again. They will now be remembered for their kindness every Christmas when I put the cute little duck on the Christmas tree.

Gosh, where do I start??

Margaret (Swim2Sea) continually searched for one of my grails and when she obtained it, she mailed it to me without getting anything in return from me! She is the best! She continues to surprise me with stuff all the time!

And at 10-10-10 a fellow trader (ShellKervel) traded my then 9 year old son for a stitch pin that he really wanted and she didn't bat an eye that hers was a cast exclusive and his was not. I love her and her family!

And I have had several people pick items up for me from DSF/DLR and WDW. All super people!!

Two really recent ones:

niknaxx (Nikki) agreed to buy me (and several others) the very cute DisneyStore San Francisco pins. I am so happy to get the three Stitch pins and the Chip/Dale Chinatown pin.

erudolf (Erica) answered my urgent question about a Stitch pin I just purchased and was freaking out whether it was real or not. She responded very quickly and helped me realize that I was OK in my purchase.

Many thanks to these wonderful pin traders. There are SOOOO many others I could think of, but these two recent one really made my day--twice!!

Keep it up DPFers!!

Last edited:
Paul1823 whose been awesome enough to offer to get me a box of the star wars vinylmations and ship them over for me. Even using his AP discount so its cheaper :) owe him big time!

There are soooo many but the two most recent ones:

Gloomy - I really wanted the DSF LE300 Tangled Horse pin and we were at pin trading night and I didn't have anything he wanted for it so he just gave it to me!!! He said sooner or later I will get a pin he wants and then we can complete the trade. :0)

Tabbikat - I really wanted the LE 125 Randall pin for the bad boys collection that was in her co-op so instead of buying it she let me trade for it - that meant sooo much to me!!

And seriosuly thanks to everyone who in just one short month has made me feel so welcomed and like I have been here for years!!

Just recently Crystal (CaligurlUCR) Helped me out by sending me 6 of the Pirates Cuties set so that I could complete my set through Pin it Forward. Way better than anything I expected.

I think the nicest thing a pin person ever did for me was when nursek8 sold me her extra 999 event ticket and when we met up outside the mansion and were eating our cake (which horribly stained our teeth!) she just gave me a Haunted Mansion T-shirt for no reason! I was so shocked and still grateful!!! :)
:hug::hatbox: I still remember that! I like to surprise people like that now and then if I can! I wish we had been able to spend more time together and that we didnt get separated that night! :wavey:

I hope I am able to make people as good as they have made me feel.

WELL..........Vicki heleped me get one of my HG and some other lovely pins when the DS sale was one, once again THANK YOU!!! and thank you for all the other people who offered there help that day!!

Sean, WDWjuan helped me get into WDI for the first time!! It was great, and he was fun to hang around with until PTN started that night as well.
Margaret, swim2sea has helped me land some very hard to find pins as well, including the two hardest trade city sign pins!
People have been great in these boards! Oh, I can't forget Tabbi and here beyond awesome, secret Santa! So cool!

Let's see...

Vicki and Susan found a Tinker Bell pin I dropped whole checking out their books during Where Dreams Happen- it was a Paris pin, and I had just traded for it. She found it, and when I asked around, she let me know she had found it, and met up with me to return it!

Kay and Simon traded me a Jessica LE 50 I needed when they pulled it in their mystery box, and they gave me a great trade for it!

Deb and Christi have taken me to Salsa sales, which were tons of fun!

E-Beth and Chris constantly have my back, as well. :)

There's been too many nice trades to count, really.

:hug::hatbox: I still remember that! I like to surprise people like that now and then if I can! I wish we had been able to spend more time together and that we didnt get separated that night! :wavey:

Oh that's right!!! I forgot about that! Everything after getting on the Mansion ride is kind of blur for me. I was just in so much awe that I could go on it over and over again I didn't know what was happening! lol

I cannot really divulge names, but too-many-to-name traders have been incredibly generous over the years. Donuts, chocolate, character paper goods, snow globes, tickets, event-only pins, memorabilia, collectible cards, costumes, pins, lanyards, and best of all, hugs! For all of you who know who know who you are, THANK YOU!!!!!!

Wow, I am continuously amazed at the awesomeness of DPF members! I hope I am blessed someday with the opportunity to pay that kindness forward here! :)

What a great thread!

Both Chris (Earthbound) and Danny (Stitch2814) were kind enough to pick up the last Rapunzel pins from DLRP I needed to complete my Tangled collection :) When I signed up for the forum as a new trader I had no idea what to expect. Everyone has been incredibly nice and helpful, offering advice and opening trades with me - it's been great!

I dont know where to begin. I dont want to mention any names because it would take a whole page and I would no way want to miss anyone.
I just want to say that there are so many kind people out there who have shown random acts of kindness for my kids. Many of these are pins I could have no way afforded to get on my own and they gave them to my children.

I also enjoy making people happy and surprising them and have enjoyed doing so many times but it comes nowhere close to what some of the people out there have dome for me. I know most of you know I collect for Max & Lizzie and when they say Disneyland is the happiest place on earth where dreams come true, I think DPF is right up there because it has been the happiest place for us making new friends who dont put monetary value as a factor, rather they put happiness and the joy of giving above all else.

I never forget when people go above and beyond and do these acts of kindless and everyday I hope to return the kindness, even though this is not why they did it and thats what makes them special.

I am blessed to have such good friends and people who care so much about making my kids happy. It is because of many of you that Max & Lizzie have such awesome sets. Many of these traders have also sent me pins in lare quantities and said just send me something when you find something I need. One person (and she knows who she is) got me a bunch of the 1998 Rides pins and never pressured me for anything.

It made me so happy when I was finally able to get her some of her wants.

Thank you all for all you do and not only the people who have Zapped us but all of the people who help us make trades happen. So many of you have gone out of your way to help us make trades even when our traders were at low points.

Lizzie, Max & I sincerely thank you kindness and all yo have done for us and that is why this hobby is so special for us, because of the great people like you.

May the Pin Karma Gods BLESS YOU! You all deserve it.

And just for the record, some of these pins are LE50's 100's DA, DS, WDI, DSF I mean some really good and very difficult pins to get.

And a final thanks to many of the traders I have met at pin teading events who traded with me even when the trade was in my favor as I know you did it for my kids and thats special and I always let them know it too.

I am happy to hear that so many of you have such great stories, unfortunately I have way more negative pin experiences than positive ones. However and I don't want to talk badly about anyone, since Dizpins shut down and DPF began, people have been much kinder. There are a couple of people who have been very kind, and I'm so grateful and I thank you, but there is a couple that has gone above and beyond and so I really want to thank them.

Greg and Debby, in particularly Debby since she is the one I correspond with have been AMAZING. I don't want to get into the details because it's private, but she was been really wonderful to me and through our emails we've shared our lives with each other, which means so much to me since my life has been pretty hard the last few years. Debby has such a big heart and luckily there are people that see that because I know that she has other pin traders who do really nice things for her and Greg, like they do for me.

I don't really consider myself to have any pin friends. I'm pretty shy and on the rare occasion I go to a pin event I keep to myself. However Debby is that rare person who I think of as a friend, pin or otherwise and I hope when her and Greg come to DL this summer, to my side of the country that even though I will no longer be living in CA that I will be able to come down from Oregon and meet these 2 very thoughtful and caring people.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back