• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

Update: Dsf tangled marquee pin le 300 traded

Status
Not open for further replies.
Update: Dsf tangled marquee pin le 300 traded
Just wanted to touch base with everyone...first let me say thanks to everyone who wished me well from today. After seeing my neurologist it seems that I will have to be put on steroids for my migraines. Definitely not what I was looking forward to doing, but it was either that or an injection type treatment and I am definitely not fond of needles. So steroids it is, along with the weight gain and other horrible side-effects that will most certainly follow :( I'm just hoping to finally get this under control before the nice weather comes around. It is a condition I have been dealing with for 14 years and its absolutely debilitating. I've even been hospitalized for this numerous times in the past; my neurologist says I'm the worst cast of "cluster headaches" he's ever come across.

Now back to business...I finally had a moment to go through all the trade request and inquiries and I have narrowed it down to 3 people: catburger, Wholeo20 & ejangabang. All three of these traders have offered amazing trades and I am still having a little difficulty making the ultimate decision lol. I have e-mailed all three to verify some last details and possibly tweak any trades if necessary. I want to sincerely apologize to those of you who sent heartfelt messages in hopes of being able to acquire this amazing Tangled pin. I wish I had one to give to each of you, but being a new trader makes it especially hard to make a fair decision. I look forward to hearing from the top 3 traders and hopefully this Tangled Marquee will find a new home soon :)

Hope you feel better soon Mike. I get terrible clustered migraines to the point that I go blind in my left eye. Unless someone has had one they can not possibly understand. I have been hospitalized from bad ones that I just could not stop throwing up. Sitting on the floor with my head on a cold plastic chair bad, praying, please let this pain end. I'm on Imitrex, have never been on steroids for a migraine.
Congrats, catburger on winning this grail.
Happy Easter!

oh goodness, Mike im so sorry i hope it eases up soon. :( sounds awful. ive never heard of this before. i hope the steriods work and youll be in better health soon xxxxxxx

Huge hugs to you both.

Woah man, best of luck. I totally can relate to cluster headaces. I still get them, nearly unbearable! Hope you get better!

Good luck Wholeo!!! I know you deserve it more than anything for your collection! :)

hi I'm so sorry to here about your health! I hope this treatment helps!
I also want to thank you for this opportunity to actually try to trade for this pin!
I hope you get some amazing pins!!! and feel better! :)

Thank you to everyone who wished me well since I last updated this thread. I've recently started a new regimine and I haven't had the headaches as bad, but I still need to monitor them and take preventative medication for a couple of months. Aside from the few hate messages I received, which I'm not surprise about, I've been made some very appealing and generous offers.

Let me just clarify that this Tangled Marquee is coming from my very own collection. This has been one of MY GRAIL PINS for the longest time. It's not easy for me to let it go, especially because I love the movie 'Tangled' so much, but I don't have many marquees so this one seems random to me. I am a little particular when it comes to completing sets and if I can't than I usually break my set apart.

Nonetheless, being from NY makes it especially difficult as a pin-trader; I'm sure all us east coasters are aware. As much as I'd like to play 'favorites' though I would much rather trade fairly and ethically. Not to mention, I'm going to make sure I get the best possible trade for MYSELF in exchange for MY pin. Ultimately, if I'm unsatisfied, I will just hang on to the pin a little longer. We all have problems going on in our lives though and no one should ever pressure another trader to trade away their pin because of what's going on in the other person's life. Pin trading is an entertaining hobby...it's not personal and certain individuals need to stop using sensitive, personal, issues to benefit themselves and take advantage.

So anyway...the final messages/request have been sent out to the top three traders. Hopefully by this time tomorrow the Tangled marquee will be in transit on its way to a new home :)

I will offer most of the same trades as I did for the marquee, just not as many. I truly feel personally that I was overtrading. Glad you got your most desired wants and that you are feeling better.

Last edited:
Mike = for your migraines, have you tried Botox? One of my friends said that's what helped her with her migraines.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back