• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

Updated Pin Boards

Status
Not open for further replies.
Updated Pin Boards
Thank you for sharing this beautiful idea and all the info!
I definitely want to do the same!!! Looks soooo nice! Great pins too!!!

Jafar

Okay so here's my most recent pin frame :
Jafar
And here's how I made it :)

I use a standard 20x16 frame (This is one is from the Range , or Target in the US) , I also use backing paper of a matt colour , usually similar to whichever the main colour of the picture is in this case Red . To go around the outside I use between 25-40 pins depending on size , if you can find 4 larger pins for the corners that's great but not essential
I start by adding the background colour to the frames backboard and placing it inside the frame but with the glass removed , this ensures all the pins will be inside the frames edges like so :

I then mount the picture in the centre of the frame , I use Pritt Stick to hold the sketch in place , you don't need much as the glass will hold it in place . I start by placing the largest pin I intend to use and work from there . I then lay out the other pins around the edges and when I have it how I want I use a bradle to make the holes for the pin posts and if necessary a small piece of blu-tac to hold the pins in place .
Andhere's the final result (Minus the glass to photograph the pin)

This is super cool! I think I found a project for the cold winter days in RI!
The tsum tsum display is adorable!

I love all of your boards and the beautiful drawings showcased in them and up until this point, I thought Cheshire was my favorite but now I'm not sure. That tsum tsum collection has me staring in awe while also mentally battling my OCD to group all of the movie characters together rather than haphazard. :rofl:

Great job on all of them! Can't wait to see what you might frame next. :)

Nice idea with the sketches! :) The Jafar display is awesome. Love the eyes pin in the middle at the top :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Fabulous displays! Great job on all of them. I have one question- the backing board you use, is it something like mat board? If so, what thickness seems to work best for you? (I know some of the thickness depends upon frame depth.) I wondered if you, or anyone else on DPF, has found thin sheets of cork a successful way of mounting the pins inside the frames.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back