• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

Using pinpics.com pics for auctions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Using pinpics.com pics for auctions

HeatherFeather

DPF Charter Member
DPF Charter Member
Rating - 100%
61   0   0
Hi all,

What is the general consensus about using pinpics pictures for auctions on eBay? Is this allowed? Frowned upon?

I will be listing a bunch of pins and would love to save myself the hassle of taking pics, uploading, editing and all that but certainly not if it isn't kosher.

Appreciate all input....

If I were buying a pin, I'd rather have a real picture but so many people use the pinpics picture and you make trades without seeing the actual pin irl so why not buy it without actually seeing it?

I dont know if it is allowed or not, but I also would never consider buying a pin from a seller that used pinpics pictures instead of real pictures. To me, it gives the impression that they dont want to show the pin for some reason (i.e. its fake). But thats just my opinion! :D Hope they sell well :) :wavey:

Whenever I sell (not too often) I try to include both the PinPics picture and a picture of the actual pin. For some reason I always struggle to get a high quality photo, but I do want buyers to see my actual pin...

From the number of attributions and thanks to Pinpics I see on Ebay auctions, I would think that using their images is allowed if you say that's where the picture is from. As a buyer, I would prefer to see the actual pin, especially if the pin has a scrapper warning or has appeared on one of the scrapper images.

It is much better to use your own photo because the majority on eBay use Pinpics images. Using your own photo sets your pin apart from all the rest when someone is browsing through the search. Also, it will save you a lot of headache if you provide an actual picture of the pin you are selling that way you are protected from unhappy or picky buyers.

Well, their policy states

Any content added to this site becomes the property of Pin Pics, and can be used by Pin Pics without restriction. This includes any uploaded pin images.

That would mean in theory each auctioneer has asked PinPics permission to use said picture(s)

I use scans that I make of the actual pins I am going to sell, whether I'm selling the pins on eBay or in my online store. It seems more honest that way.

If I'm interested in buying a pin on Ebay, I always ask the seller for a picture of the actual pin, because I want to know as much as possible about the pin I'm buying, especially if it's a more expensive one.

Whenever I had to list anything on ebay I NEVER used pinpics pictures. I always took the time to take detailed photos of everything I was selling as I felt like it made it stand out from others and it helped the buyer to see exactly what they were buying. I am the same way when buying. I want photos!

Technically all pics on pinpics are their property and most have a watermark on them now.
You would need to get permission to use their pics for any reason as it is their property (the image)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back