WDW: Fairy Tails annual pin trading event Aug 9-10, 2019

Discussion in 'Disney Pin Discussion' started by watzshakinbacon, Feb 13, 2019.

1. watzshakinbacon

watzshakinbacon B for Belle or B for bacon?

Rating - 100%
    132   0   0

So the registration isn’t open yet?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. Spr175psu

Spr175psu Well-Known Member

Rating - 100%
    78   0   0

So many different types of animals.....and no Toad....very disappointing.

ItzaPinfan and FoolishMortal71 like this.
  3. MerlinEmrys

MerlinEmrys Hicitus Pinicus!

Rating - 100%
    541   0   0

I think they were leaning into the pets theme mostly

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using Tapatalk

watzshakinbacon likes this.
  4. MerlinEmrys

Rating - 100%
    541   0   0

Correct. May 7th.

5. summerskin

summerskin I control the weather

Rating - 100%
    50   0   0

I'm really excited by the Stitch pins in this catalog. They are gorgeous. Hopefully I can join a co-op for them.

6. katelouise

katelouise lunapins on Instagram!

Rating - 100%
    29   0   0

ISO all the Pascals and Maximus pins!! If anyone if getting the trading package please let me know if you don't want your Lanyard medal :D :D :D

bookhugger likes this.
  7. MerlinEmrys

Rating - 100%
    541   0   0

I will be doing pickups, more than likely, for this. It will be a matter of springing for the Best in Show bit for me or not as it grants priority for the RSP. Hrm......

watzshakinbacon and Danpp like this.
  8. Spr175psu

Rating - 100%
    78   0   0

At least Bucky and Pegasus made the cut.

MerlinEmrys likes this.
  9. lynn99

lynn99 Well-Known Member

Rating - 100%
    138   0   0

Will and I are both going, so will also be able to do pickups (will make a post later).

Looks like the front row of the trading room is going to be reserved for the "Best in Show" package.

Danpp likes this.
  10. xdattax

xdattax Well-Known Member

Rating - 100%
    63   0   0

Hmmm. I didn’t see any pins I have to have to have. Might have to join some co-ops maybe. Don’t know. Hmm.

11. hopemax

hopemax DPF Charter Member DPF Charter Member

Rating - 100%
    174   0   0

Based on all of this new information, I am highly considering NOT going. The Best in Show REALLY rubs me the wrong way. Priority for RSPs, Pin Partners trading tabs... I think of all the money my parents, our friends and I have spent on pin-related activities over the last almost 20 years, and it's not enough to be treated equally in 2019. WDW, it's a good thing you are NOT the only pin option available to me. And they've decided to address the issue of trading tabs and trading tables by charging. On top of the already revealed, lower gift card.

Plus, the pins don't thrill me, although I do really like #28.

12. FoolishMortal71

FoolishMortal71 Active Member

Rating - 100%
    19   0   0

I thought it was animals with Tails. Did Toad have a tail? LOL

TiggerSue likes this.
  13. pilcrow

pilcrow

Rating - 100%
    17   0   0

I’m really excited for these. The registration seems like it’s gonna be crazy. I guess queues are better than crashes though.

14. Spr175psu

Rating - 100%
    78   0   0

I’m sure when he was a tadpole. That would make an awesome pin: Mr. Toad as a tadpole.

15. Pilotprincess916

Pilotprincess916 Active Member

Rating - 100%
    11   0   0

Is anybody considering buying the set and splitting?

Of course every Meeko And Percy Pin is in a set and I’m not ready to dish out $480 for 4 pins....I may need Hal (cockroach) too

16. watzshakinbacon

watzshakinbacon B for Belle or B for bacon?

Rating - 100%
    132   0   0

I was pretty excited about the event but I’m now feeling a bit underwhelmed as well. I’ll prob still try to go though

17. ItzaPinfan

ItzaPinfan Noob

Rating - 100%
    38   0   0

Is this going to sell out quickly? How soon do I need to sell my kidney and decide what I’m doing.

18. slbrabham

slbrabham Well-Known Member

Rating - 100%
    58   0   0

@hopemax
    I do agree that item #28 is pretty cute and clever.

19. timeerkat

timeerkat Your Friend Who Likes To Play

Rating - 100%
    296   0   0

I am amazed. About 90% of my collections are animals with tails and there is exactly one pin I need off the RSP (mystery box chasers pending) - the Oliver and Company pin with Rita. Thank goodness it is a single pin and not the jumbo or in a box set! The other pins are cute but looks like I’ll be saving quite a bit of what I was fearing I’d have to shell out.

It might just be because I am used to the two-tiered system that DSF has at their events, but the two types of registrations don’t bother me as much. The RSP priority is different, but otherwise this upper tier sounds like the upper tier at DSF events - extra trading board visits, bonus item, etc. I’m not sure if I will try for the upper level as the only thing I’m super interested in is the extra trade tabs, though. With only needing a single pin the RSP priority doesn’t even really matter to me as much.

FoolishMortal71 and TiggerSue like this.
  20. Voko20

Voko20 Active Member

Rating - 100%
    10   0   0

Oh man if anyone is going and getting the pet treats box set please keep me in mind if you don't need the Mochi pin. Would love to be part of a co-op or something

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

21. goofyone

goofyone New Member

0   0   0

So I'm looking over the information for the event (especially the comparison of Best in Show vs Furry Friends packages) and it's taken a bit of the excitement out of this event for me. An extra hundred bucks gets you priority for RSPs, special (shorter?) registration line, priority entrance to the event, 2 trading tabs towards a special partner board, a reserved table spot in the shark tank (pin trading room) and a LE 100 medallion. With the medallion limited to 100, does this also mean that only 100 people will ultimately be allowed to purchase the Best of Show package? And if Best of Show RSPs get processed ahead of the rest, does this also mean that it will be darn near impossible for any Furry Friends to get any of the LE 300 pins in the catalog?

22. chubs191

chubs191 Beautiful Tomorrow Admirer

Rating - 97.8%
    45   1   0

You only get your RSP run first per tier, so at most the BiS peeps would get 100 of a particular pin before the FF gets their shot at an RSP draw. It's not like all of BiS gets drawn all three times and then the FF people get drawn.

watzshakinbacon and TiggerSue like this.
  23. slbrabham

slbrabham Well-Known Member

Rating - 100%
    58   0   0

Who or what are the "Disney Pin Partners?" Is this other parts or divisions of Disney that produce pins?

Ajk likes this.
  24. MerlinEmrys

Rating - 100%
    541   0   0

Dsf, wdi, Shanghai, etc. It's all the people who have preview boards. :) so you might get to trad with them!?

watzshakinbacon, Ocean7 and slbrabham like this.
  25. MerlinEmrys

Rating - 100%
    541   0   0

This is an important distinction.

Also, historically, most box sets and frames sets last well into the 2nd rsp tier. And some ever all the way to the event itself.

Of course, now that there's an air of exclusivity (I. E. I paid more so I'm better and my pins will be better because I have access and you don't neenerneener), they may sell quicker.