• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

Wearing my pins at work paid off today!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wearing my pins at work paid off today!

JRDillWFM

New DPF Member
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I work in retail management for a large grocery company (you can probably guess which one from my user ID!). I decided to start wearing just a couple of my pins on my work apron simply as a conversation piece to engage my guests a little more. Today a little boy walked up to me and said "woah, cool, you have a Stitch pin!" I said "I sure do! Stitch is my absolute favorite!" I proceeded to joke with him in my stitch impersonation and showed him where the Kids Club snacks were. I see him and his mom in here all the time so I didn't find it weird when I saw them back in the store about an hour later. They immediately walked up to me and he said "would you like to trade pins? I really like your Stitch pin!" I didn't even care if he had a piece of paper with tape on it that he thought was a pin, it just made my day! I asked him why he liked my Stitch pin, to which he replied "because Ohana!" I traded with him and got this really cool blue Hidden Mickey pin from 2009! Just thought I'd share something cool that happened today!

Oh, and Stitch is hands down my favorite character!

mACBqrw.jpg

Thanks for sharing! I love it when you come across people who trade just for the love of trading. I'm sure you made that little boy's day. :)

Oh, totally! His mom had to come back for milk and I could just hear him pleading with her to come back to trade pins.

I have no idea what happened to my mind but I first read "wearing my pants at work paid off today" and I was like......... :lol:

But that's great! So cute!

I love trading with kids, they are so fun. I give away so many pins to kids at the parks or at Disney events, I just love watching their eyes light up when I give them a pin!!

Several of the baggers at my local grocery store where pins on their vests. A few often have disney on them and I have always wondered if anyone ever asked them to trade....

I am a sucker for the kids who want to trade in the park. I will give pins away, make un even trades, it doesn't matter to me as long as the little ones are smiling. How awesome you get a chance to tie pin trading into work!

Thank you for sharing the Disney Magic! I wear a Disney pin every day (well the days I go out of the house, lol!) It makes me feel good and it's a great conversation starter too! Congrats!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back