• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

Weight loss challenge! (STARTS THIS SUNDAY!!!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone else having to fight back the munches tonight? I know this will get easier and I know I did well today, so I'm going to try to go to sleep really early so I don't eat anymore today. It's the snacks that get me, humph....

Try keeping things around the house like chobani greek yoguart and string cheese.... Both are HIGH in protein (keeps you fuller longer) and decent on the calories... String cheese is only 90 calories a stick and chobani is approx 120, low sugars and high protein.

I usually use both as a snack, its something like 23 proteins and approx 200-220 calorie snack.

am i still allowed to join? :O

Oh, you want to totally disappear into thin air ?? Sure sweetie, C'MON DOWN!

Be ready to contrivute awesome pins to the prize pool :naughty:

I think you and Sebe should PM PinPal and also send your "BEFORE" pictures taken on the scale asap.

Looking forward to see you guys on the private forum.

** On a different note, finally something special came out of being fat: We now have our own sub-forum :rofl:

A big fat (no pun intended) THANK YOU to Cicada for catering to our whim even when he has other pressing issues.

565487_577450125602038_760736518_n.jpg

Hope I'm not bumping an old thread and I hope the challenge is going well (I now realize the reason why I see about it is because you guys got your own awesome private forum ;D shnazzy haha)

Anyways, I was just putting this out there since I was talking with lost-sun-princess a few days ago about this and now I'm really excited. Since everyone here is taking the next step to being healthier, I thought it would be really fun if somehow the challenge you guys are doing culminated into a great event, an event that really is a mix of health and Disney. You probably already know where I'm going with this, but if you really want to put how far you've come to the test, does a DPF meetup at next year's Disneyworld Marathon sound fun?

I'm sure not everyone can attend or make it which is fine, but for those who can, I think the experience is outstanding! I did my first one this past January and really, I can't describe it. For those of you that have done it (whether it be the Family Run, 5k, 1/2 marathon, full marathon, or Goofy challenge) you have to admit that there really isn't anything else like it. Waking up at 5am to run around 2 (if you're doing the 1/2 marathon) or all 4 (if you're doing the full marathon) Disney parks and they are closed (until the end of the race) just for the racers to run through them? Face and fur characters along the way to take photos with and just a great experience. You get to run around most of the Disneyworld property through backlots and through the parks, highways, ESPN center, everything! I figured it would be a fun idea to really motivate everyone to be healthier and just to have fun. Not to mention a DPF meetup is a bonus haha xD It's just an idea but I'm definitely doing the Goofy Challenge next year (1/2 marathon on Sat followed by full on Sun to equal 39.3 miles over 2 days!!!) and I really hope I can convince a few people here to do marathon weekend as well because it really is amazing (look up videos and it only gets more exciting ^_^).

Anyways, more info for all the Disneyworld marathons can be found at: http://www.rundisney.com/disneyworld-marathon/

For quick dates in case you're just curious, marathon weekend takes place on January 9-12, 2014 (with the 1/2 marathon on the 11th, and full marathon on 12th).

The reason I posted this close to 300 days in advance is because registration starts April 9, 2013 and the marathons tend to fill up fairly quickly. To put this into perspective, every single marathon was sold out well before 5 months prior to the event last year and last year was actually the most popular and biggest marathon ever (with 25,000 participants, more than ever before) so it is highly likely those who didn't make the cut are edging for the chance to be in it next year. Not to mention, I think the best way to commit to the marathon is to sign up for it, Disney has a strict no refund policy no matter what so once you're in, you're in >:D

Disney does a bunch of things to make accommodations for the race weekend very special including a Pasta in the Park (which requires a paid entry) in which you and all the other people who get a ticket can choose a night and are let into a secret huge area of Epcot where you guys get a fun pasta buffet the day before the race (carbs are the body's major supply of energy so you'll definitely want to eat up the night before your big race). You can find a lot more about things like that and even ways to train for the marathon on the main site, I did the training and I found it easy and fun (all the training schedules for the marathons all only last for 6 months or so so you DON'T even have to start training tomorrow!!!). For all things on it go to www.rundisney.com to find out a great amount of stuff on the Disney marathons in general.

I would have gladly offered to do this for the Disneyland marathon this August which I'm participating in, but every single marathon for that is completely sold out and has been for 1.5 months now (yeah, they all sold out close to 7.5 months before the actual races). Either way, I'd love for everyone to participate because me and my mom are kind of health nuts haha xD We love to exercise and even better, we love to see other exercise so I'm all for it!

If you guys have a special subforum for this challenge, I wouldn't mind making a whole thread dedicated to the Disney Marathons if I can and you'd let me lol...they are an experience!!! If you want to ask me anything at all about them feel free to PM me, anything. I just love the idea so I'm just putting this out there!!! RUN DISNEY!!!

BTW, here are some of my favorite videos for the Disneyworld marathons (WARNING: Watching these videos will get you very excited despite the race being 300 days away!)

[video=youtube;AQNy7-W6D0E]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AQNy7-W6D0E[/video]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back