• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

GRAIL Well, I need to keep pin trading I guess - mystery of the Tink Grail finally solved

Status
Not open for further replies.
GRAIL Well, I need to keep pin trading I guess - mystery of the Tink Grail finally solved

Purplemandms

Like the candy!
Rating - 100%
58   0   0
I don't think much is going to top this.

(I can't tell which one is prettier. The pin or @chubs191 's artwork.
) I just submitted my first thesis, and am absolutely exhausted, but wanted to share the news.

Edit: we've found some differences between this pin and the pinpics listing. The seller was very kind in messaging and quick to offer a refund. What should I do?

Edit edit:

Mystery solved. I'm guessing it's a reproduction based on the differences in line art. (Most notable ones circled below.) It's going back. There is still a good chance that it is a pre-production pin and I will be calling Disney to confirm since I found another buyer who is in the same scenario.

Last edited:
Thank you all.
I'd be jumping off the walls right now but these last few weeks have been rough. I'm taking off until 4 tomorrow and then it's time to start on finishing the next thesis! (2 majors, 2 thesis projects, 2 hours of sleep.) Plus a week-long conference in 2 weeks, defense in 3, and school work I've fallen behind on! So expect pretty pictures/more energy after I graduate. (Also sending grail vibes to everyone else too!!! I've got enough good pin karma to last me awhile now.)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What does your back look like? I noticed something was off in the background, but wasn't sure.

I just found the listing on eBay. The back looks like it's been sloppily manufactured like its a PP pin or something. The auctions holo is badly glued on as well.

What do you think I should do? Contact the seller? It didn't come on a card or anything, and is really heavy and just looks like there is a lot of wear on the pin (I.e. Not manufactured recently)

What do you think I should do? Contact the seller? It didn't come on a card or anything, and is really heavy and just looks like there is a lot of wear on the pin (I.e. Not manufactured recently)

I would totally contact the seller asking them where they got it from. I would mention that it looks nothing like the pinpics pin. If there was a certificate, that would prove authenticity. The top left of the back looks like it was hastily grinded from the metal feed line.

Ahhh, man, I went from about to congratulate you from feeling so bad for you as I read the thread! I'm looking around for mine so you can use it as a comparison. It's a little wild here, since we're still unpacking, but if I find it, I'll let you know.

So here is what I have learned:

* it was not purchased from Disney directly, but a dealer
* it came on a card which the seller no longer has
* the seller was very quick to offer a refund

Status
Not open for further replies.