• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

What Time will you be lining up for the Beloved Tales Dsf April 13th release

Status
Not open for further replies.
What Time will you be lining up for the Beloved Tales Dsf April 13th release
DSF did tell them to go away. That is why they are camping on the street behind the parking lot.

What I'm about to say is mostly hearsay, so take it for what its worth, but I heard that DSF had basically hinted about no lining up on their property but they have no control of a line elsewhere. That's like baiting a fish to me. Basically saying whelp we said you couldn't line up here but we never said you couldn't line up here. I've heard so many things from separate employees at different releases that nothing they say hardly ever matches up. One person will say one thing and then another person will say something completely opposite. It's nothing new though, it's the same stuff they do to us at the parks.

I will have to agree with the leaking of information. It's not very conducive to the cause. The threads about when is everyone going to line up such as this one certainly doesn't help things either.

They should be made to go away and come back at the official time. Over here the council wouldn't allow camping out in the street. It's classed as rough sleeping if in a public place. Not sure how it works over there?

Also, just for the record, I am all for people waiting 5 days to get first crack at the pins if that is what the rules allow. However, if the rules give a certain time when you can line up and you choose to line up days earlier, I don't think you should have any advantage to the pins vs those that arrived just before the posted time.

That is how it worked for the Pixar event last year. They said noone come until like 7pm. I got there at 6:45pm. There was a mob. They let two lines in cattle call style. I ended up with wristband #33. Turns out only 145 came for the 7pm time, the other 5 slowly trickled in like 15-20minutes later. There was a lot of shoving, pushing, blocking, kid dragging, etc. It was not pretty. Some tried to get there early and DSF said "Nu-uh, if we see your face here, you will be kicked out." So people sat in their cars. DSF aught to do the same thing again, but this time, randomize the starting point once everyone is in line so there is not shoving/pushing necessary.

Also, just for the record, I am all for people waiting 5 days to get first crack at the pins if that is what the rules allow. However, if the rules give a certain time when you can line up and you choose to line up days earlier, I don't think you should have any advantage to the pins vs those that arrived just before the posted time.

I'm starting to feel as DSF doesn't have any rules and they are more "guidelines" or "suggestions" of how they wish people would line up at the specified time.

Last edited:
Not me, but a Cali peep called and spoke to someone? They are not on their property, so nothing can be done unless owners of said property calls the police. She said the gates will open between 7:00 to 7:45 PM. They will not even give a set time now to the opening of this alley. So it really is going to be for whomever gets on their property first, if that makes sense.

I am still getting there Friday. I have no idea what will happen…but I'll let you know if I am able to get my hands on any. I need 3 for me and a friend (again if I can get them). I'll see what I can get and PM you Saturday.

Back to topic:

I only have 8 preorders and am worrying about them. Does anyone have 2 more sets I can order?

True and ditto. I will admit that they were good about handing out wristbands when they said they would (i.e. - the last BT and trophy release). So I think they are trying to get a better handle on things… it just isn't working.

I'm starting to feel as DSF doesn't have any rules and they are more "guidelines" or "suggestions" of how they wish people would line up at the specified time.

It all comes down to sellers that make this their only job. This is the only way they can make money and the rest of us have to suffer. Go get a job and show up after work at the stated time like the rest of us.

Reading this thread is seriously depressing, there goes our chance of completing this set...or 'at least keeping up with new releases.'

This is totally how we feel as well. We were only hoping to get one set, and hoping that others who were collectors could also have the opportunity to do the same. But, it seems like greed is going to limit our chances. We hope and pray that everyone stays safe.

Let me say I am not against selling a few pins here and there to help offset costs. This is an expensive hobby. I'm talking about the ones that this is all they do is buy and sell pins

As a beloved tales completist, an enchanted collector, a wall-e completist and a princess and the frog collector....this is officially my saddest pin trading day ever :( (followed only by tomorrow when I show up at designated time to get laughed at)

and I only live 5 minutes from DSF...

DSF....Tell the line to go home and come back on designated day.

Yup...I'm having a pity party....for one. Anyone else want to come to my pity party? It will likely be moved to Hard Rock Cafe after I am unable to get in line tomorrow. There will be cocktails....

As a beloved tales completist, an enchanted collector, a wall-e completist and a princess and the frog collector....this is officially my saddest pin trading day ever :( (followed only by tomorrow when I show up at designated time to get laughed at)

Yup...I'm having a pity party....for one. Anyone else want to come to my pity party? It will likely be moved to Hard Rock Cafe after I am unable to get in line tomorrow. There will be cocktails....

Im there with you Amy :) And so will Marvyn lol

I'm in! I will gladly be laughed at with you. So will Bob I believe. But wouldn't it be funnier if we were the ones with the last laugh? :D

Like i've said, I know we have friends in that line. So i'll be happy for them. I guess they can laugh at us? lol But back to the real topic...wheres dinner gonna be at? Hard ROck? lol

:) Getting my flight from the UK early tomorrow morning. I don't have anywhere to stay, so when I get there I'm just gonna linger in this mysterious alleyway I've heard so much about. If any DSF employees try to move me along, I'll just explain that I'm a lost, lonely tourist who has travelled all this way just to try their ice cream. I'm sure they will take pity on me, invite me inside their fine establishment, and allow me to buy the pins early. :D

I we all stand as 1 we can do it. Lets stand up and rise against the pin illuminati that feel entitled and that rules don't apply to them. 7:45'ers unite!!!!!!!

I only wanted two of them. i am not a completist but I do collect princesses. I sadly do not even own one BT. I was priced out of it pretty quickly. I am just social worker who has to work for a living. For the record. I just handed out money to my clients. They had to get in the official line, and act civil, and wait turn. It was all very official. lol They know not to test me on this. lol So sometimes the official line does win. Here's to the official line! I hope you all are the ones saying neener neener neener.

I'll not be standing up nor rising up, as I have too many friends and a spouse in that line. Ultimately, DSF is going to be responsible for how this all plays out.

This is, sadly, too much like a civil war and I'm not out gunning for any of my friends or family. The results will be what they will be.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back