• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

What we are doing with scrappers :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
What we are doing with scrappers :)

breagirl

DPF Charter Member
DPF Charter Member
Rating - 100%
158   0   0
Well, after our most recent trip and then a few trips before, we have over 275 scrappers (aren't we lucky!-not the sarcasm)

Because I'm a huge believer in not repopulating lanyards with this mess, the kids and I have come up with a great idea of what to do with them. We were making magnets for the fridge, but seriously...how many magnets does a fridge REALLY need?

I run a kid's consignment sale (actually one of the largest in our state) and we usually have about 1000 people come through on opening day. We are going to give each kid a Disney pin at check-out and we have put a special mark on the back of four of the pins and whoever picks those pins wins a $5 gift certificate. My kids are so excited to man the table to give out the pins and to see who wins (they think $5 is a chunk of change!) I'm just excited to get rid of these pins and hopefully, I can write them off :)

I'm even more excited about seeing those kids faces light up!

I gave mine to a friend with 3 young children. She split them evenly. We colored the back with perm marker (so to not get them confused with the "real" pins they had collected) and the kids play with them in the house trading back and forth between each other. As I come across more, I bring those to her too. They have had a blast with them.

I think a magnet craft night might be in store for me (and the kids - with their "traders" of course) with the scrappers that I have. That is a great idea. Honestly I never thought about magnets. Fabulous to be able to see the pins all the time :)

There was a lady who posted on the forum, months ago, who made flower hair clips with scrapper Vinyls. I had a couple Puffels that I was going to send her, but the neighbor kids ended up playing with them instead.

I usually just throw mine away but if someone wants them to make magnets lmk and when they accumulate i will send them to you. I just dont want them back in circulation I figure if everyone did this we would make a HUGE dent in scrappers

Either break the post off to make magnets/hair clips and write "scrap" across the back in permanent marker - great idea! Maybe some other crafters and pin traders could come up with other ideas on what to do with them. I think some might look good to decorate a lamp shade in a child's room...(just be careful about small parts around children).

Breagirl, I don't know you (though I do see you have great taste in pins *cough*facilier*cough*) but you seem like such an awesome person! This sounds like an awesome idea!

I make mine into magnets and give them away to the kids in our area. They have refrigerators too! And, I have a stainless steel fridge so they don't stick to mine. What ever you do with them, just make sure they don't go back to the park. The best way is to break off the back post. I've managed to get rid of all my scrappers and I used to include a magnet in all my trades. Just some suggestions.

I give mine to a girlfriend at work who is a Girl Scout troop leader. They use them for their arts and crafts projects. I'd rather do that than throw them away and put them in a landfill.

How about this? We all send our scrappers to one person. That person will melt them all down into a giant metal ball, and several of us representing honest traders will roll the ball into Disney's CEO's office.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back