• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

Which Beloved Tales should be next?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Which Beloved Tales should be next?

unibear

DPF Charter Member
DPF Charter Member
Rating - 100%
51   0   0
Now that Frozen has been released as a Beloved Tales pin (and the melee is over), which movies/shorts should be given the BT treatment?

For me, I'm still waiting for 'The Emperor's New Groove'. Anyone else?

I didn't realize there were some movies without BT pins - does Aladdin have one?

Also, I wish some of the BT had better scenes - like AIW - it should have been the tea party scene - something better.

A couple years ago, I had made a list of the movies of the ones they haven't done yet. So updating that:

Animated Movies (the main list, doesn't include Disney Toon Studios releases)

Saludos Amigos
Make Mine Music
Black Cauldron
Rescuers Down Under
Tarzan
Fantasia 2000
Dinosaur
Emperor's New Groove
Atlantis
Treasure Planet
Home on the Range
Winnie the Pooh (2011)
Big Hero 6

Plus, the other Live Action/Animated releases

Song of the South
So Dear to My Heart
Who Framed Roger Rabbit

and if they do these, I'd be impressed

The Reluctant Dragon
Victory Through Air Power

Plus Pixar Releases:

Toy Story 3
Cars 2
Monsters University
Inside Out

After that, they could do more live action films, because they released Herbie already. So that could even include Star Wars, Marvel. They did Three Little Pigs, so they could do more shorts too.

I would love to see Frankenweenie but I don't think they will do one as there isn't any pins of this film been out since the release in 2012 there isn't even any ptd of them either but a beloved tales of Frankenweenie would be my holly Grail

Treasure Planet is so necessary, I'm not even kidding. I need that one. So far I've felt pretty lucky as two of my favorite movies that were considered unpopular got BTs: GMD and The Three Caballeros. Treasure Planet does eventually need to happen.

If I had my druthers I'd also want an Avengers one (all six main fighting the Chitauri, maybe? If not all six then at least Cap and Iron Man doing that awesome repulsor blast off the shield move), a Star Wars one (something from A New Hope, Han and Luke in stormtrooper uniforms?) and a Rocketeer. I know, I know, The Rocketeer is considered very obscure but I want one anyway. I can dream.

oh god I hadn't even thought of real life movies into these but I guess they did do hurbie. Yes Rocketeer would get me really thinking of spending a lot of money. I'd have to get that one one day.

Last edited:
Did they ever make I Steamboat Willie one ? I don't collect him, but am I little surprised some other shorts and live actions ones made it over that one.

Since I can't afford to spend massive amounts on a single pin I really hope it's not Tarzan / Emperors New Groove / Who Framed Roger Rabbit :)
That being said I doubt they'll bother with any of the animation films listed before BH6 , none were massively popular . I'd guess BH6 & Toy Story 3 (To capitalize on TS4 hype)

I hope they make one for The Rescuers Down Under. (I'm madly in love with the one they made for The Rescuers. It's like one of my favorites ever made. I seriously considered starting to collect pins from that movie when I saw the BT…)

I'm also anxious to see Tarzan (preferably something WITHOUT Terk), Treasure Planet (anything from the "I'm Still Here" scene), Nightmare Before Christmas (the iconic spiral hill?), and Toy Story 3 (something with Lotso, PLEASE!).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back