• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

Who else is going is going to the UP release?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Since they already have their 150 they might as well hand out the vouchers and let people go home. They can come back tomorrow and turn in the voucher for pins and buy them then.

Was out in Hollywood for a party and decided to drive by around 2AM. Line was ridic. And it is coooooooold outside. Wish Disney would do them a favor and give em wristbands now and let em come back in the morning.

dont know if the people helping me are in the line :S long day waiting for me as its 11.40am so I have to wait till night to find out

I can't wait to hear about the release later this morning. I just hope things go smoothly and that people are courteous with one another and in good spirits. Have fun!

I got to the dSF around 9. There was an unofficial line started in the back of the parking lot. I was about 50. Questions started to form. This is NOT a line eventhough there was. Someone there since 2 pm. Then a security guard came to tell us that this peaceful line was not official and both sides of the alley were free game to line up. Well the line split in two. One at the end of the alley and one in the front of the alley. Rumors started that the front line was getting tickets to line up. Then everyone went to the front line. People started to bubble the front. All the people that were there originally stood our ground and made the unofficial line. Ed finally came out to tell us that he was going to hand out 1 by 1 tickets to stand in the official line in the alley. One by one we filled in. A few tried to blend in but we all yelled and Ed knew not to give them a ticket. Actually around 10 there were only about 90 people in line. By the time 11:00 was here there was about 180 people in line. Ed made the comment that all you have with you is all you have. No leaving the lines. Restrooms were available in the Soda Fountain. . Many were turned away and few still trickled in at 1, 2 and 1:30. One everyone was setteled in, Ed let us all gi to cars for blankets ect and for food. Ed even surved us hot coffee or coco with marshmellows. From crowds of chatting to whispers and snores we are all waiting in 50* temps with a slight wind chill. Now just waiting for Ed to come and hand out the official tickets and get our pins to go to a warm bed.

One note. There will be released 156 pins. There were 6 samples that were sent incase of error or damage to the pins. 4 lucky line holders were given these tickets in line. 2 tickets are still held incase of damaged pins.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back