• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

who here has traded with Scoop, please share

Status
Not open for further replies.
who here has traded with Scoop, please share

iheartpins

The motto says it all
Rating - 100%
36   0   0
I started collectiing my recent trip. I found out about Scoop Sanderson the pin trading guy at MK. I had one last day to find him. I checked with guest services and he was there that day. But alas at 12 noon, they told me he had already went home. :facepalm: I was totally bummed. But next time. I am going to track him down. lol I would love to hear your trading stories.

I have, it was way cool, does he still do the games? I remember he put a pin on a spatula and rotate it in his hand and whoever guessed it won it. Then he held up a pin backwards and had us guess

Willie (Twins10101) and I have both traded with Scoop. He has some amazing pins. You can do 2 trades per day with him. You can usually find him in the mornings on Main Street in MK. We have gotten quite a few AP pins and LE's from him. He is very kind and very fun to trade with. I don't think he plays the games anymore (at least not in the busy summer season).

My first trade w Scoop was more than 10 yrs ago. He is SUPER! I always go to WDW for my early Dec birthday, and Scoop & I discovered we share the same birthday. I had a BIG BD this year (thank goodness Disney keeps me young), & saw Scoop & had fun trading. He is the best! :)

Scoop is awesome!! We trade with him every time we go. He always seems to have something we are looking for. When we are there for a week we usually try to catch up with him a second time as well. He's a great guy and seems to genuinely love pins.

It took us several trips to find him. And he can get mobbed so beware you may have a little wait to meet with him. He's usually out in the mornings and usually with the Mayor, Smokey, etc. They usually sing with the Sax band or sometimes with the Dapper Dans (my wife arranged for them to sing Happy Birthday to me in 2011). That was awesome. Scoop typically comes out once an hour in the mornings. You won't usually find him after about 1pm or so. He is not out every morning. Sometimes it's easier to spot the Mayor or Smokey and ask if "Scoop" is around.

The first time I found him he was just about to go backstage. He stayed and chatted with me. He played his trading game (he doesn't do this as much anymore) and I won!! My bonus pin was a cool jumbo. He looked through my book and educated me on some things. It was really great!

Last edited:
I've traded with him on a couple of occasions and he's really an awesome guy. He use to be at the September Pin Events but hasn't been there the last couple of years as the line for him was always one of the longest ones at the event because of the awesome pins that he always had!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back