• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

Why, why, why????

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why, why, why????

Spiffie

DPF Charter Member
DPF Charter Member
Rating - 100%
51   0   0
If you submit a trade thru pinpics and I write back interested in the trade, WHY DON'T YOU RESPOND?

This is really beginning to irritate me to the point that I want to stop trading (not collecting). Grrrr!:rant:

you get EM!

If someone takes the time to respond, have the respect to reply. I sent out trade requests last month for a grail someone wanted and i got one reply. It was a no but it was a reply. then 5 weeks later that same person wrote back saying the trade fell through and he was open to trading for it. I was amazed at the integrity of this trader. I of course could not even remember the person i was trying to get the pin for or their name so i didnt trade but if someone last month was looking for Pin 86110 (DSF - Simba
& Nala)
as a grail i got a trade offer for it and you should PM me. I know it is in their siggy but couldnt find them anywhere.

Dont be Sly, reply!
Happy trades
Kirk

That's only happened to me once or twice, but it is a bit of a bummer, yeah... did you check your spam folder in case their reply got stuck in there?

Annoying ain't it?

I try to always respond to my TR's, yes or no. I won't make excuses for those who do not reply after you respond but sometimes one of these things occur::
1~ They got a response from someone else before you.
2~ their stoopid email filter stuck your reply in spam.
3~ their internet goes down for a while so they don't come back after 3 days, assume the trade is not going to be available anymore and mass delete emails.
4~ they accidently delete your reply when they mass delete a bunch of emails from non-addressbook contacts.

I think this has happened with about 50% of the people I have responded to on pinpics. Some have even been members here! I say ok lets do it, and then....nada. And I usually answer pretty much when the requests come in at about 6:30 am. Oh well.

How long has it been? I've had people take up to a week to reply to my responses sometimes. I figure they were busy doing stuff away from the internet. Horrific though, I know, but I suppose it can happen :)

How long has it been? I've had people take up to a week to reply to my responses sometimes. I figure they were busy doing stuff away from the internet. Horrific though, I know, but I suppose it can happen :)

Barring no emergencies, if you go thru pinpics to set up a trade, shouldn't you be looking for replies? Anywho, person is member here and has been online since my response. Go figure. Damned if you do and damned if you don't. People want a response, they don't want a response. I still say its aggravating.

I try to respond and sometimes I do miss a few here and there. Don't get bummed abut it.

This isn't about ME not responding to a request. It's THEM who initiated contact. Even if the trade is no longer available, since THEY asked ME and I was kind enough to reply, they should let me know.

I had a trade request very recently, I sent out a req my Lion King PODM for a pinocchio PODM (looking to upgrade mine) I got one response the trader said yes, I told the person "just out of curiosity what pic did they have" it was not the biggest deal but I would not have minded having Jiminy in it, she replied she misplaced the pin, ok then thats fine, no biggie, sorry we couldn't trade, many days later I get a message from the trader and all they said was "it's Jiminy" I wrote them back saying I was happy they found it and if they still wanted to trade I still have my Lion King PODM. Never herd from them since! nice!

If it's at least close to a fair trade I'll respond politely with a decline. If it's a hidden mickey for a Tangled PODM then they won't even get a response.

Even better is when they send you a request, you respond right away & they say "oh I already traded that pin, but would you trade for this?" Um why offer me a pin you already traded?

Hi there Stacey,

This is constantly happening to me and to others I know, because we comment on this almost daily through e-mails. Why do these people offer you a trade and not respond at all when you accept it? It is rude to not let a person know if you accept a different trade offer. There are many getting tired of this very same thing, and there is nothing we can do, but know you are not alone out there with this specific annoyance. My friends from Europe are ready to drop trading altogether and also just collect.

you get EM!

If someone takes the time to respond, have the respect to reply. I sent out trade requests last month for a grail someone wanted and i got one reply. It was a no but it was a reply. then 5 weeks later that same person wrote back saying the trade fell through and he was open to trading for it. I was amazed at the integrity of this trader. I of course could not even remember the person i was trying to get the pin for or their name so i didnt trade but if someone last month was looking for Pin 86110 (DSF - Simba
& Nala)
as a grail i got a trade offer for it and you should PM me. I know it is in their siggy but couldnt find them anywhere.

Dont be Sly, reply!
Happy trades
Kirk

Dats me! :D Hahah

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back