• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

Wouldn't it be great if you could do this on PinPics?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wouldn't it be great if you could do this on PinPics?

Masamune

DPF Charter Member
DPF Charter Member
Rating - 100%
78   0   0
I'm going through my card box in an effort to place every card that has a SKU on it with the correct pin. :( This is going to take forever though, as I'll have to look at the SKU for one pin at a time and compare it to every card SKU I've got.

I'd love it if you were able to search for pins on PinPics using their SKU number.

Does anyone else think that this is a good idea? XD Or not?

Last edited:
Right now the search function is only for Titles and Descriptions. It may not be possible to change it so that it searches all the info on the page, but if it is, I'd be so happy!

I can't tell you how many times I have actually tried in HOPES that it would actually work!!!! I would LOVE that feature!!!

I thought this worked already? :dunno: Never tried, but yes, it would be great if it were available :D often it's hard to find some pins by description alone, so it feels like you're just poking around in the dark sometimes :eek:

You can't do it on Pinpics, but you can "use the Google." Seriously, put a sku in a Google search box and see what happens. :) It works best if you use the whole SKU, and the whole SKU is in Pinpics. If you use a partial (just the end bit) you might get a lot of erroneous results. But in the search box also put site:www.pinpics.com and it will limit the results to just Pinpics results.

Last edited:
That would be great!! Sometimes I can't find pins based on the description I give because it doesn't always match what they wrote. I'd love to be able to use the SKU#!!

I have an app for my phone that scans barcodes....I scanned a couple of the codes on the cards and upped popped the description of the pin, price, and picture if available if that helps at all....Some the price were off but I did get some great info!

I dont think it would ever become a reality as someone from pinpics would have to go thru every pin and find the sku number and enter it It would be a great function I just dont see it happening

You can't do it on Pinpics, but you can "use the Google." Seriously, put a sku in a Google search box and see what happens. :) It works best if you use the whole SKU, and the whole SKU is in Pinpics. If you use a partial (just the end bit) you might get a lot of erroneous results. But in the search box also put site:www.pinpics.com and it will limit the results to just Pinpics results.
o.o That totally works! You're a genius! Thank you!

I'd still love for this search function to be made available, but I've just tried the Google thing at it works!

AverysFairyTale, may I ask which app/phone you did that with. have a iphone here and really interested in being able to scan the cards to put with the pins. if it only did half, I would be a happy man.

Redlaser? will that do it?
On a side note, i wish Pinpics had listed those that owned a certain pin so it was easier to gauge a pins true want/availablity and maybe weed out scrappers...

Redlaser? will that do it?
On a side note, i wish Pinpics had listed those that owned a certain pin so it was easier to gauge a pins true want/availablity and maybe weed out scrappers...
redlaser might work

I dont think it would ever become a reality as someone from pinpics would have to go thru every pin and find the sku number and enter it It would be a great function I just dont see it happening
don't they already have the SKU for most pins already?

depending on how it's stored in the database [i would guess it's its own field], then they would just need to allow searching of that field. if nothing comes up, there's always other ways to find your pin, but having a a unique identifier such as a SKU would make it a lot easier to find pins that one can't describe or know the name of (as entered in pinpics).

or this works too :D

I also wish the "search by description" box was on the first search page! Why do I have scroll thru 2 pages to get to the most commonly used search feature??

Here's a question- I've started to go through and sort my backer cards using the google search and I've found a card that doesn't match up despite the fact that I know it's the right card as I bought it directly from disneystore.com myself. It's the card for [pin]75921[/pin]. I'm sure I've got the right card, and not gotten it mixed up because it's the only card I have that looks this way (looks like tan canvas, rather than a black card), and it says "Walt's Classic Collection" and has a quote about Fantasia printed right on the card. But the SKU on the sticker on my card is different. Mine is: 400000081830. Can the same pin have different SKUs, or is there an error somewhere?

Note: I just searched for the SKU on my card and got [pin]75922[/pin]. They're both Fantasia pins from the same series. Did mine come on the wrong card? Or did the person who put the pins up mix up their SKUs?

Last edited:
Here's a question- I've started to go through and sort my backer cards using the google search and I've found a card that doesn't match up despite the fact that I know it's the right card as I bought it directly from disneystore.com myself. It's the card for [pin]75921[/pin]. I'm sure I've got the right card, and not gotten it mixed up because it's the only card I have that looks this way (looks like tan canvas, rather than a black card), and it says "Walt's Classic Collection" and has a quote about Fantasia printed right on the card. But the SKU on the sticker on my card is different. Mine is: 400000081830. Can the same pin have different SKUs, or is there an error somewhere?

That pin says it was a shared release with WDW and DLR. The Resorts have different SKU's usually, and other pins will list the SKU for each in the comments area. If you got it on disneyshopping.com it probably came from the WDW batch, and probably the SKU listed is the one for DLR.

This is what I did! It took forever with my hundreds of pins, but I googled every SKU...sometimes I had to play around with the spacing of the SKU numbers (say 4 00109 54645 9 would not work, so I typed the number all together and it did work) and sometimes I had to leave the first and last number off for it to work, but I was able to match up almost every one of my 500+ pin collection to their backer cards (not too big I know)! Sometimes my searches turned up pins listed on DizPins or Pin Pics and other times my searches turned up pins on the main Disney Pin website, but it worked!

It would be wonderful if this could be done on PinPics. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back