• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

Wristbands for next weeks DLR PoDM pins

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wristbands for next weeks DLR PoDM pins

TheOtherSteve

Active DPF Member
DPF Correspondent
Rating - 100%
39   0   0
While in line at the Gears Up release, one of the leads said that wristbands would be used for next weeks Steam Boat Willie Piece of Disney Movies pin - DTD parking lot will be opened at 5:45am, wristbands handed out starting at 6am and only three locations will be selling the pins: Fly 'n Buy, LGM and Pin Traders

Good to know! Thanks for the info! So it looks like they will only be selling them in the park? In that case, is it best to park in the DTD lot and then go to the park? Does anyone know if it's magic morning that day? Sorry for all the questions! :)

We believe there will be a limit, as the idea is to limit purchase of the PODM to wristbanded guests only. Each wristbanded guest will be allowed to purchase their two pins and the wristband will be removed. No wristband=No PODM pin.

Also believe that the wristband only sales will only go until 1:00pm. Then anyone can buy the remaining stock. **This part is speculation, as they have started doing this type of distribution for both of the Gear Up For Adventure releases and appear to be applying it to the PODM release.**

Well I'm glad that we don't care about any of the remaining movies being released (Except BatB, if that's true).

Last edited:
Combatdre said:
This is awesome, it will work against people trying to make money out of this and give everyone a chance to own at least two :)

True but it will also work against people trying to help others. I have to elderly ladies from Ohio that I get pins for ( at cost ). And I get 2 for myself to keep in my collection and 2 to trade. What happens now ??

Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner

True but it will also work against people trying to help others. I have to elderly ladies from Ohio that I get pins for ( at cost ). And I get 2 for myself to keep in my collection and 2 to trade. What happens now ??

I rely on friends for these since I can't make it to the releases and a few have opted to stop collecting these because it's a nightmare to try and get some. I understand helping others is going to be affected but it will make it civil and limit scalpers from getting their evil bay hands on them. Well at least on the California side... Lol

I do understand the reasoning. But on the other hand it's not going to stop the reselling or the multiple purchasing. People are just going to have to work harder at circumventing the rules and it's going to cause more frenzy and anxiety and hype. Oh well I guess now I cam be a little less sad about the rumors that they will quit releasing the PODM at the end of this year

I do understand the reasoning. But on the other hand it's not going to stop the reselling or the multiple purchasing. People are just going to have to work harder at circumventing the rules and it's going to cause more frenzy and anxiety and hype. Oh well I guess now I cam be a little less sad about the rumors that they will quit releasing the PODM at the end of this year

Yep. People will be bringing their ENTIRE family to get as many of these as they can! :( All of a sudden 2-year olds will be pin traders.

To make matters worse....

The Beauty and the Beast Rumor is true for November.

http://eventservices.disney.go.com/p...event?id=63113

November 23 - Meet Disney Design Group Artist,Adrianne Draude, designer of the Piece of Disney Movie pin featuring Beauty and the Beast.

So that means it IS on THANKSGIVING DAY (Since the artist signings are usually the Friday after). :banghead:

(on a side note, who noticed the new smilies?!)

Good to know! Thanks for the info! So it looks like they will only be selling them in the park? In that case, is it best to park in the DTD lot and then go to the park? Does anyone know if it's magic morning that day? Sorry for all the questions! :)

Pin traders is at Downtown Disney, not the park.

I'm guessing that if you need more than the allotted two pins per wristbanded guest, you will need to go wait in a second chance line that will be serviced after 1:00pm.

I can see where this might make it much more difficult for those who are helping other traders whom are not local to either of the parks. I believe Disney may be addressing the alleged numerous complaints about people store hopping and getting way more pins than what was originally intended. Unfortunately, it will likely only hurt those who will now be unable to get more than two for those friends not local to the park.

Time will tell whether or not this system works as expected. My guess is that it may either work out well or drive secondary market prices even higher, since it will be more difficult for one person to get multiple, multiple, pins. (I'm leaning towards the latter being the most likely outcome)

BTW... Katdianee - Not all pins are being released in the Parks. One in Disneyland. One in DCA. One in Downtown Disney.

Well you read stories on here with people getting 10, 20, 30 pin, and thats just nuts! I do think they are trying to make it FAIR for everyone, they will still end up on the bay just like every other release.

I guess you can't complain too much since they're just enforcing an existing rule. I just hope they thought through the wristband distribution process.

Distribution process sounded like one CM lead with three different colored wristbands; one for each of the locations. The color corresponds to the location and is supposed to only get you the two pins from that location and you are only supposed to choose one location from which to purchase.

Sounds like they will know exactly how many bands should be distributed for each location, but we may be giving them too much credit for thinking ahead or for not having renegade CMs sell to non-wristbanded people. There wasn't really anything said about the unspoken horror of people simply returning to the wristband line for another wristband. Not sure what they plan to do for that particular...let's say..."workaround".

I REALLY hope they make an OFFICIAL announcemonent at Disneypins.com in the What's HapPINing Blog. The announcement should mention where the wristbands will be distributed, what time guests can start lining up to get wristbands, what stores will have the pis, info about parking, etc. The fact that an official announcement hasn't been made at the official Disney pin site makes me really nervous, especially considering that the pin will be released in less than one week!

So.... how am I supposed to know where to line up for wristbands, and when to get there? This is my first time trying to go to one of these releases, and I really hope they don't limit it to 2 pins per person, as I've already told two people (DPFers) that I would try to get pins for them, and I really want one for myself, too. Now I have no clue what I'm supposed to do, and I'm REALLY not interested in showing up the night before for a pin release. Ugh. Why can't they just increase the LE?

I don't think the wristband idea will work that well at WDW. They have only done it once to my knowledge and that was for the 40th anniversary. It worked OK but people did line up super early. They sell the POMH pins at a lot of locations and I just don't see WDW being that organized.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back