• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

Art of Belle Collection

Status
Not open for further replies.
Art of Belle Collection
Hmmn, I wonder if they will release another LE tea set... although they might wait for the live action version as there were tea sets for both Cinderella and ATTLG.

Hmmn, I wonder if they will release another LE tea set... although they might wait for the live action version as there were tea sets for both Cinderella and ATTLG.

I would assume that they would save that for the live action film. It seems like Disney wants to make it a trend to release a tea set with each live action fairytale if both Cinderella and Alice are anything to go by. They could still release one of Mrs. Potts and her children before the year is out considering that we have replicas of Lumiere and Cogsworth.

Last edited:
Not impressed with Chip, prefer the parks one! I like to art on the tumbler though.

OMG I want these plush dolls! I guess things will be showing up soon.

tumblr_o9aumx2Mhg1uqgm9ro1_1280.jpg

Only have room for one or two of the plushies, so it will be Cogsworth and Babette. Love the detail on all of them. Since I missed out on the 2010 release of mech, am looking forward to this.

Here are what the two Art of Belle mugs look like. One is a collage of different pieces of artwork by different artists. The other is a pink mug of the enchanted rose with a stained glass motif. (images are from RDC as usual)

mug-Belle-Bete-1.jpg
mug-Belle-Bete-3.jpg
mug-Belle-Bete-4.jpg

mug-Belle-Bete-rose-1.jpg

I don't know how I feel about these. They look cheaply made and not at all as elegant as the Art of Ariel collection. I'm a bit disappointed. The color is like sooo yellow! It's not a beautiful gold like other Disney Belle mugs of the past. This makes me sad since Belle is my all time favorite Princess. I may just buy one or two items from the collection or just pass on this all together. I think I just like the rose mug but even that looks a bit off to me. I don't know what it is but it's missing something...

Last edited:
I don't know how I feel about these. They look cheaply made and not at all as elegant as the Art of Ariel collection. I'm a bit disappointed. The color is like sooo yellow! It's not a beautiful gold like other Disney Belle mugs of the past. This makes me sad since Belle is my all time favorite Princess. I may just buy one or two items from the collection or just pass on this all together. I think I just like the rose mug but even that looks a bit off to me. I don't know what it is but it's missing something...

I get what you mean. The yellow color is pretty off putting seeing a nice gold color would look much nicer. The only thing from the collection that I am interested in currently is the rose mug, and that's only because of the stained glass motif and how it looks textured.

I've always seen Belle's dress as more of a yellow gold than like a blistering yellow so I agree gold would have been a much more elegant choice, though I guess gold tone chroming the inside of the mugs would probably not work. I guess I would have liked a gold rim with a beast-blue inside.

I hope these make it into the collection, like the Glenn Keane Ariel art...

tumblr_mqvvtrHUYH1qmr7rho1_500.jpg

We've had concept art in all three previous collections, I don't see why this one would be different. The Maleficent mug sold with the Art of Aurora collection was Marc Davis' concept sketches of her. One of the lithographs and plate was concept art by Mark Henn.

fwb_art-of-jasmine_20150817

The sketch is a concept piece from the film.

Compact, wallet, and clothes are on Disney store website!
also today only free shipping for Fourth of July.

Does anyone think we will see the rest of the Art of Belle collection released online next week? I know things like the mugs have now started popping up in stores, so we should see them online soon right?

I love the rose mug. Haven't seen a sniff of this stuff in the UK save for when some random BatB plushes turned up for half a day then disappeared.

Does anyone think we will see the rest of the Art of Belle collection released online next week? I know things like the mugs have now started popping up in stores, so we should see them online soon right?

I hope so...I love the Belle bag so I can't wait for that to be available online! The mugs I'm not too crazy about...the yellow just seems like a cheap yellow and not classy enough for Belle.

Nothing today. Either they're going to pop up at some random time (ie, just keep looking and eventually it'll be worth it, ha) or they're planning a better "launch" in the coming weeks. I do know the Beauty and the Beast Dooney & Bourke collection is launching on the app (only ... great strategy to get people to download/use the app!) next Monday, 8/15. I wonder if other Beauty and the Beast merch will become available that day as well, or if they're saving stuff for closer to the doll/blu-ray release/pick-up. With the designer collection merch due to launch within a month or so, though, you'd think they'd get the Art of Belle stuff out sooner ...

Yes, i was wondering if I missed the mug already, what else hasn't been released? Maybe they will release the mugs on Sept 20?

Nothing today. Either they're going to pop up at some random time (ie, just keep looking and eventually it'll be worth it, ha) or they're planning a better "launch" in the coming weeks. I do know the Beauty and the Beast Dooney & Bourke collection is launching on the app (only ... great strategy to get people to download/use the app!) next Monday, 8/15. I wonder if other Beauty and the Beast merch will become available that day as well, or if they're saving stuff for closer to the doll/blu-ray release/pick-up. With the designer collection merch due to launch within a month or so, though, you'd think they'd get the Art of Belle stuff out sooner ...

Yeah the way they are handling this years collection is really bizarre. I expected the collection to drop on the same day the LE dolls wen't up for pre-order, or at least not long after. I'm starting to wonder if the items that have been released on the site were released by mistake seeing nothing else has been added since then. It doesn't even have its own section of the website like past collections does it? Not to mention that there seems to be no sign of a lithograph set or a pin/pin set being released this year. I dunno. Either way I hope they release the rest of the items soon, as most of them are already in stores and, as you pointed out, the designer collection will be dropping in September should the date not change due to all the problems they have been having lately.

OH! Well I stand corrected then! :lol: But that pretty much confirms the date the collection will be online then seeing the collections usually go online with the pin set. The US release should be on the same day or maybe the day before.

Yeah the way they are handling this years collection is really bizarre. I expected the collection to drop on the same day the LE dolls wen't up for pre-order, or at least not long after. I'm starting to wonder if the items that have been released on the site were released by mistake seeing nothing else has been added since then. It doesn't even have its own section of the website like past collections does it? Not to mention that there seems to be no sign of a lithograph set or a pin/pin set being released this year. I dunno. Either way I hope they release the rest of the items soon, as most of them are already in stores and, as you pointed out, the designer collection will be dropping in September should the date not change due to all the problems they have been having lately.

Sorry, I thought of you when I saw the pin announcement but I had to get ready for work and then forgot to circle back ... it's possible the merch will drop on the 22/23 but then it's been so weird that I'd just check regularly to avoid missing something. There's also this pin coming:

image1_zpshpkdtj0w.jpg

Last edited:
Oh its fine! Thank you so much for sharing. I don't go into the actual "pin" part of the forums here very much, so I probably wouldn't have known until after it went online if you hadn't shared it here. And I REALLY want that stain glass pin.

EDIT: I am an idiot. I read the description for the stain glass pin as "700 overall with 600 of them being available in Europe" instead of "600 in Europe and 700 for everyone else". Ugh lol.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back