• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

Designer Couples at Disney Store Now!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Designer Couples at Disney Store Now!
Do they send cancellation emails? I don't think I've ever received one even when an order is cancelled (or even part of an order is cancelled)

No email... I go back to bed, I am so so sad, it will take time to forget them even if they are just pins...

I have had several orders cancelled over the years and I believe that I always got something letting me know that it was cancelled. Not looking forward to seeing one thats for sure, but appears to be inevitable.

My confirmation email came at 12:07. No cancellation letter yet but as I said before my status is CLOSED as well. &*)*&_)(_)LJKLH#$%%/#*-@-#/%^/*#%-*-@$%^^_($&*@$&&@#(*&!)%)(%&^&^!@!!!~~~~

I for one completely understood the second part of your sentence and agree with it. The online disney store could have not put up on the pins for sale. They have enough techs to remove the designer pins from their website before the dolls went on sale. Why did they tease us with this:

@Pin-A-Colada, talk about a kick to sack/rack......over and over and over again. Just looking back at the ebay sales and knowing for a fact that the seller that people say had 7 in her bag is making me even sicker. This is an all time low for Disney as far as I am concerned and may just be the push that several collectors needed to say suck it Disney and take their money elsewhere.

[video]http://gph.is/VwRHdH[/video]

@Pin-A-Colada, talk about a kick to sack/rack......over and over and over again. Just looking back at the ebay sales and knowing for a fact that the seller that people say had 7 in her bag is making me even sicker. This is an all time low for Disney as far as I am concerned and may just be the push that several collectors needed to say suck it Disney and take their money elsewhere.

[video]http://gph.is/VwRHdH[/video]

Assuming there were any available at all (I was told everything was sold out at the Expo first thing Sunday morning), the site would not allow more than one set per order at checkout. If you tried, it would remove the extras. I got home from the Expo around 9:30pm and was sooo tired, I just fell asleep...

Last edited:
Assuming there were any available at all (I was told everything was sold out at the Expo first thing Sunday morning), the site would not allow more than one set per order at checkout. If you tried, it would remove the extras. I got home from the Expo around 9:30pm and was sooo tired, I just fell asleep...

This was Designer Villains all over again (for me)!

:'(

*crying in a corner*

If they forgot to deactivate the links, then it is a very cruel joke :(

In 2011, we knew the Designers were coming because TheOtherSteve and managed to find the Disneystore.com link that was not yet activated. Everyone got excited thinking the very first designer set would be released on-line. Some, even paid and got D23 membership to be ready for the release. Then .... nothing materialized on-line, and we all know how the rest went down.

I hope at least few people manage to get some sets - maybe it is possible that there was a small quantity held back from the D23 expo. But, I have to say that in the past my orders went dead even without as much as a courtesy e-mail. I just knew it because my money was refunded about a week later on my credit card.

Best of luck to those who even managed to make it through check out :x: - and no, I just woke up & I did not get any pins myself. But, those mugs sure do look cute.

Status is closed on mine as well. Sigh. I just wanted two of the pins, the rest I was going to give to people. After the lines at the expo and not getting a set there either and dealing with all the foul attitudes, I have such a sour taste in my mouth. :( congrats though to anyone who was able to snag one online!

Wow...I wake up at 7am, see the text, I literally got a pit in my stomach since I knew it was too late. That was bad enough that my throat hurt when my computer turned on only to see Sold Out. Then I read this thread and I feel terrible for nearly everyone since I think, what it looks like, is that all will be Closed. I know 2 payments went through, so maybe you guys will get some AP or PP set that they had sitting around, but the fact that the link just sits their tantalizing us is wrong.

My question to Disney is why in the world would they even make a page for it? Was releasing them at D23 a last minute decision??? DID THEY THINK THEY WOULDN'T SELL OUT AT D23??? Seriously Disney, this is really bad of you, I have to e-mail them today and I think others should as well. Cruel is what this was, ESPECIALLY to those that got an Order Confirmation, probably were over the moon when they heard it, only to have it Closed.

If you are ordering other cutesy stuff, and if you are Ebates or Mr.Rebates members, do not forget to use the links from the rebate sites. I was able to get Disney Visa Discount and shipping discount for the mugs & notecards.

Just got off the phone with a Disney Store representative, I was curious to see if the sets were really available online and how many.

She said some were available and were sold out (thank you Captain Obvious!).

I also asked about the "Closed" on people's orders, she claims that it means your order was processed and should NOT be cancelled! I really hope that's true for a lot of you.

Just thought I'd share!

It doesn't look like anyone got one? Meaning whoever didn't have the common sense to deactivate this link is to say the least, a bit of a dummy. It's pretty cruel to get everyone's hopes up and does beg the question why on earth was a link created in the first place if they where sold at d23? If everyone involved does not get an apology email that is very poor customer service Indeed.

Just got off the phone with a Disney Store representative, I was curious to see if the sets were really available online and how many.

She said some were available and were sold out (thank you Captain Obvious!).

I also asked about the "Closed" on people's orders, she claims that it means your order was processed and should NOT be cancelled! I really hope that's true for a lot of you.

Just thought I'd share!

In my opinion, I think that it's totally false, if the order is closed, we have no chance to have them and people who bought it extremely early didn't have their order closed, so it seems logical to me. Just an usual problem of stock update, which happens very often on DS.com

But thanks for calling ChikenLittle !

As a very long time pin collector, maybe we ought to try and encourage Disney Shopping to start producing and selling limited edition pins again instead of complaining to their customer service about things the reps have no control over. I remember many of nights when everyone on the boards was up in the wee hours of the morning trying to get the latest pins. It did not help that many would call the next day and complain about how the pins they ordered were sold out and their orders cancelled. At least we had a chance to purchase pins. Sometimes we won, sometimes we lost. I would rather take my chances.

Well, I couldn't stand it anymore. I called disney and asked about my order. I was told that I was #259 in line for the pins and that the closed status meant I would not be getting my order filled.

I also asked... if disney only issued 250 of this set and if they sold out at the D 23 event this past weekend, how many sets would they have had available for sell on the website? Of course, she was not knowledgable about my question. She said, "If they said it was 250 on the website then that was how many was available." We'll, I don't believe that for one second. No way could they sell out at D23 and still have 250 available online. Not sure how many they had to begin with but I'm out the set for sure.

Good luck to everyone else. I hope someone ends up with a set from the website.

Is there anyone who still has an open order with total showing? Maybe there still is a chance. The rest of us are living through you ;)

If the order is closed with $0 as the total, the order has been cancelled.

Yes I know...:cry:... Feel so bad since this morning... and stupid for not being here at the online release... I missed this unbelievable chance... I am the one to blame

I sent an email to DS.com and they are sorry for the inconvenience and offer me a 5$ online giftcard... Seriously they can keep it, it's insulting !

The customer service folks have absolutely no idea what they are talking about and will lie to you in order to get you to hang up. I dealt with them during the 110th Legacy debacle and was lied to time after time. I was told pins were sold out when no one even had them, not listed for trade or sale. Then they miraculous turned up. So I do not believe that Disney ever had these available online and someone made a bad mistake. They will never admit it, but those poor people in customer service have no clue. You can learn more about what is really happening by reading the boards.

So bummed...my bf was going to get me this set, BUT I worked a double yesterday and didn't wake up when my alarm went off and completely missed them :( oh well, next time I suppose :) lol! Determined to get a designed set eventually!!! :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back