• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

Designer Fawn announced via Twitter

Status
Not open for further replies.
Question...................................
Are all of the fairies supposed to have a shiny/greasy look to them?? My QOH's doll vinyl/plastic is not, just wondering.

According to http://disneylimitededitiondolls.com/?redirect=false , "Similar to Ursula, Maleficent and Harrods Elsa these dolls have a pearl like shine to them to give them the effect that they are glowing." I believe the idea is that because they are magical beings, they have a pearl shimmering glow. I agree in pictures this sheen can look greasy but I assure you that in person it is a pretty and alluring touch to the doll's design. All the designer fairies have the pearl sheen.

Thank you Stuberzo, I figured there was a reason behind this and I have yet to be able to see one in person.

No problem! I always thought the designer fairies looked greasy/shiny and I wondered why too. I was so glad to have an explanation and then I felt better about getting Zarina on eBay.

That's strange, I thought DS said Fawn won't be available for order in Europe until March. Seems you can certainly add it to the UK cart.

I thought the same at first (based on the first announcement of her) but the Disney Store Twitter has mentioned today's date a few times since as being when she would be available in the UK online

I'm a Yank myself, but any Britons (or those who usually order off the UK site) who want Fawn, please buy her ASAP!

The UK getting the doll earlier than expected, without notice and thus a lot of people missing out, happened last year with the second set of Frozen LE dolls too, and there was a big uproar about it on social media and even a Change.org petition somewhere. :( I'd hate for anybody who really wants Fawn to miss her, so I hope everyone there will find her!

I'm a Yank myself, but any Britons (or those who usually order off the UK site) who want Fawn, please buy her ASAP!

The UK getting the doll earlier than expected, without notice and thus a lot of people missing out, happened last year with the second set of Frozen LE dolls too, and there was a big uproar about it on social media and even a Change.org petition somewhere. :( I'd hate for anybody who really wants Fawn to miss her, so I hope everyone there will find her!

It was announced that she would be released today on the UK Disney Store Facebook page several weeks ago so hopefully most people were expecting her today :) I think she'll last a while anyway given the current glut of LE dolls!

"This will be available to buy on 17th February at approximately 8am online and in selected stores*. With a Global edition of 4,000 and with 1,000 available in Europe and limited to 1 per guest per household."

I was the only one at my store 5 minutes before it opened, then when the staff came out, a horde of people joined me. Everyone who was there got one, so I think stores are getting enough stock for those who want it.

Here's a closeup shot of mine. I'll have to remove her case and fix her up a bit, but I usually do anyway. I think Zarina is still my fave designer doll (out of all of them, not just the fairies).

Designer Fawn closeup by Blaine*, on Flickr

My store got 10 dolls and only 5 people showed up. I was first in line. My doll was number 38, lowest number I have ever gotten. She is so gorgeous up close. I love the freckles. I know she is not as popular, but folks are missing out.

My store got 10 dolls and only 5 people showed up. I was first in line. My doll was number 38, lowest number I have ever gotten. She is so gorgeous up close. I love the freckles. I know she is not as popular, but folks are missing out.

That's how I feel about my Designer Zarina! I don't think I'll get another designer fairy doll just because I don't think anyone could top hers.

I won't be able to go until after work, hoping my store still has them! :)

Here is Fawn's Item Number for later tonight. Hope everybody has luck getting her online!
Item Number: 460709983606

Turns out my local Disney Store is CLOSED, temporarily. I haven't been there since November 2014, so I'm guessing some minor renovations. Looks like I will have to go online to buy.

What does it mean that that is Fawn's item number? Can you use it to get the link to her product page on the Disney Store? This is going to be my first LE purchase so I want to make sure I get her.

I wasn't sure until I saw the non-stock photos that I was going to get Fawn but I love her freckles! I have Zarina from eBay and just need Tink. I hope they make more fairies because I love the movies and would like a complete set.

Hey fellow fans!

I got my Fawn today at my local store. She's so beautiful!! She may be a "tomboy" but she's got pizazz!

fawn1.jpg

fawn2.jpg

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back