• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

Disney Princess Designer Collection DOLLS --- NOW WITH PICTURES PAGE 3! ---

Status
Not open for further replies.
Disney Princess Designer Collection DOLLS --- NOW WITH PICTURES PAGE 3! ---
Just talked to my guy over at the Disney Store and he said they will be $59.95 each and each one comes with a designer tote to match that specific princess. He said it looked like they were going to be very nice and the size of the Disney classic dolls/Barbie dolls.

This is what I have on them thus far. I think I am going to want them all. EEK! Why must Disney keep making things I want to collect?!

DID YOU SAY A TOTE BAG AS WELL?!

omfg.

I need a Rapunzel tote bag asap.

I'm so getting in line for the Jasmine doll! I might get Ariel, belle and Rapunzel... Omg! I'm going broke

Is there any chance you could get me a brochure and I'll pay for your time? I collect Disney brochures in addition to pins. Thanks.

Okay, I just got off the phone with my girl (the manager at my local store), and here's all the info I was given (some of it we already knew):

1. First of all, she said that they just got their display dolls in, and that they are absloutely gorgeous. You could tell by her tone that she is VERY excited about this whole thing (which is probably why she couldn't wait to tell me all about it). I asked her when they would actually go on display, and she said that we would not be able to see each one until the day it is released.

2. There will be 10 surprise releases, happening each Monday, beginning August 22nd.

3. She claims she doesn't know which doll will be released in which order, and that even she (again, the store manager) probably won't find out until each release day, which doll is being released.

4. The dolls will cost $59.50 each. There is a limit of two dolls per customer, per day.

5. The dolls will be a Limited Edition of 4,000 or 8,000. (Less popular dolls will be 4,000, and more popular dolls will be 8,000). There are about 300 stores, so that means roughly 10 to 20 dolls per store.

6. There will be an entire series of other products to go along with each doll. She told me very quickly what the products were, and I wrote them down as fast as I could. I think I only missed one thing from her list. Here's the list:
~Notecards
~Adhesive notes
~A Journal & Pen set
~Mugs
~Cosmetic Bags
~Nail Polish
~Scarves
~Designer tops (I asked her to clarify. She said they will be shirts in adult sizes!)

7. I asked her if she had heard anything about Art Prints or anything. She said that she hadn't seen anything about it, but that if they did do something like that, it would probably be online at DisneyStore.com.

I'm too old to play with dolls...but I want Rapunzel and Jasmine anyway :lol:

Thanks for the heads up Pixar! I'm so excited!

As for the icons that TheOtherSteve posted about: in the pictures of the flyer, Tiana doesn't have a frog, and Mulan has chopstick-type thingies in her hair.

Talesoftobv: Today is Tuesday. Were you able to get scans of the flyer at work? :D

When I went into the Disney Store, they handed it to me once I purchased something, I think it was because I expressed an interest in the Rapunzel Craft Day. LOL. So, I am sure if anyone goes in and asked, they should give them one.

Margaret, I will see if I can stop by tomorrow after work. :)

PixarPerils, I start work at 4pm, so it will be posted tonight. :3

Does anyone know if you can buy the dolls online or do you have to go to the store. I'd have to go all the way to Sawgrass Mills to get them once a week. That's a lot of gas money for a doll, but I have my original Barbie with the swimsuit and shoes and lots of her regular clothes. I got her in 1959 when they first came out. We played with our doll so she is a bit "used" but I keep her. These would look great on a bookshelf in my Alice in Wonderland room.

They will be released only in stores. Don't worry, you won't be the only one traveling to get these!

Regarding TheOtherSteve's icons: After looking at the PinPics listings, I realized that Snow White's apple, Cinderella's pumpkin coach, and Pocahontas' item that she is holding, are all purses. You can see a strap/chain hanging from them. I'm still not sure if Pocahontas' purse is supposed to be made of leaves, but it is definitely not a compass, as you thought, Moondance. Here's the link to the PinPics listing, which has a huge picture: http://www.pinpics.com/cgi-bin/pin.cgi?pin=85993

They will be released only in stores. Don't worry, you won't be the only one traveling to get these!

Regarding TheOtherSteve's icons: After looking at the PinPics listings, I realized that Snow White's apple, Cinderella's pumpkin coach, and Pocahontas' item that she is holding, are all purses. You can see a strap/chain hanging from them. I'm still not sure if Pocahontas' purse is supposed to be made of leaves, but it is definitely not a compass, as you thought, Moondance. Here's the link to the PinPics listing, which has a huge picture: http://www.pinpics.com/cgi-bin/pin.cgi?pin=85993

Here are links that bring up really big images
http://as7.disneystore.com/is/image/DisneyShopping/6763047190059-3?wid=2000&hei=2000&op_sharpen=1
http://as7.disneystore.com/is/image/DisneyShopping/6763047190059-4?wid=2000&hei=2000&op_sharpen=1
I was only guessing about what Pocahontas was holding based on what I remember from the movie (Colors of the Wind)

Does anyone know if you can buy the dolls online or do you have to go to the store. I'd have to go all the way to Sawgrass Mills to get them once a week. That's a lot of gas money for a doll, but I have my original Barbie with the swimsuit and shoes and lots of her regular clothes. I got her in 1959 when they first came out. We played with our doll so she is a bit "used" but I keep her. These would look great on a bookshelf in my Alice in Wonderland room.

I am with you there! I am going to have to drive out of town to the closest DS each Monday as well. I figure I will drop the kids off at school and then head on out that way. They will not be open when I first get there but at least I will be there waiting...lol I am hating thinking of tacking on the gas price to what I will have to spend on each doll though. UGH!! Disney will be the death of me!

Bt the way, I was told that all the stores do have the flyers to hand out and he also said they had printed up some larger sheets to hang up in store with the info on them.

Alrighty then, here are the nice clean scans. :)

Scan_Pic0029.jpg

Scan_Pic0030.jpg
Scan_Pic0031Small.jpg

Scan_Pic0032.jpg

Scan_Pic0033.jpg

Sorry the images are so large, I only had paint at my work's computer.

I seriously am in love with the artwork though.

Oh, and I just called my local store. The items that are being released with the dolls, cosmetic bag, compacts and such, are NOT of each princess. Each products will be exclusive to like 3 or 4 different princesses, however the pen and journal set and the mug are available in each princess.

This is the info I received from the employee:
Compact Mirror: Snow White
Fashion Tops: Show White, Belle, and Jasmine, has a saying that involves "dreams or wishes" LOL.

And that's all.

Thanks for the amazing pictures Tanya :)

For what it's worth I did some detective work and asked DS about the D23 only tag on the pin sets...I was told that was a mistake (although with the way they've been running lately, take that with a grain of salt)

I can't decide if the pin set was something they would release with the first doll or with the last...hmmm

On the last page of the flyer they mention: Trip for 4 to the Royal Celebration at Kensington Palace in London, England where we will crown the new Princess Rapunzel, For official rules and a chance to enter to win visit: www.disneystore.com/rapunzelsweepstakes ... Open only to persons who are not minors and who are legal residents of & living in the 50 US or DC and who have a valid US passport. Starts 12:01am (PT) 8/8/11 & ends 11:59:59pm (PT) 8/21/11 ...

This afternoon, I mentioned to a co-worker that I wouldn't be surprised if Radio Disney did a contest for a trip to the ceremony ... turns out it was the Disney Stores

Last edited:

Hehe, Yes I know! I'm the one who posted the Pocahontas pin listing :p

Okay, I just got off the phone with my girl (the manager at my local store), and here's all the info I was given (some of it we already knew):

1. First of all, she said that they just got their display dolls in, and that they are absloutely gorgeous. You could tell by her tone that she is VERY excited about this whole thing (which is probably why she couldn't wait to tell me all about it). I asked her when they would actually go on display, and she said that we would not be able to see each one until the day it is released.

2. There will be 10 surprise releases, happening each Monday, beginning August 22nd.

3. She claims she doesn't know which doll will be released in which order, and that even she (again, the store manager) probably won't find out until each release day, which doll is being released.

4. The dolls will cost $59.50 each. There is a limit of two dolls per customer, per day.

5. The dolls will be a Limited Edition of 4,000 or 8,000. (Less popular dolls will be 4,000, and more popular dolls will be 8,000). There are about 300 stores, so that means roughly 10 to 20 dolls per store.

6. There will be an entire series of other products to go along with each doll. She told me very quickly what the products were, and I wrote them down as fast as I could. I think I only missed one thing from her list. Here's the list:
~Notecards
~Adhesive notes
~A Journal & Pen set
~Mugs
~Cosmetic Bags
~Nail Polish
~Scarves
~Designer tops (I asked her to clarify. She said they will be shirts in adult sizes!)

7. I asked her if she had heard anything about Art Prints or anything. She said that she hadn't seen anything about it, but that if they did do something like that, it would probably be online at DisneyStore.com.

I so want a Pocahontas Scarf, T-shirt and purse!!!
*Squeal*
Makes me sad knowing that there won't be Pocahontas on all of the items :(
Oh well, more money for me disney!!! *omnomnom money!!*

I currently work for the disney store and I got to see how the dolls looked like in person. For some reason, Ariel wasn't sent to our store, so hopefully she arrives sometime next week. I think some of the dolls were better looking from their pictures. I did not like the way Snow White looked, and I thought Sleeping Beauty and Cinderella looked too much like Barbie. Definitely will be buying Mulan, Belle, Jasmine, & Rapunzel. I want to get Ariel too, but it all depends on how she looks. The dolls are regular sized barbie dolls and are in a fancy case. We only received the sample displays of the dolls. We haven't received any other product from the line yet. They are all going to be released in random order every Monday. I believe as of right now, the dolls will only be available in store and the D23 expo.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back