• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

DisneyStore Limited Edition 17" Dolls Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
DisneyStore Limited Edition 17" Dolls Discussion
Yes, it's really weird! Now, how long do we need to keep on checking if the site is even online again? :(

Wait.. So I just checked the UK website and it says that it should open at 8:00 am. Isn't it 9:00 am right now?

I was online (and refreshing the hold screen) since 8am this morning. The site was briefly available at 8.20am, and has been down since then.

I've gone through a few limited edition campaigns (Frozen dolls and the Designer Collection releases), and today is the worst I've experienced.

Its a pity shipping and custom charges for the US are so high, the US website is a joy to use (particularly for limited edition releases).

Good luck to those trying for Alice dolls. I'm going to try for the 17 inch Belle pre order. And the Heroes & Villians Belle/Gaston. Would love to see Belle in her green dress for the 17 inch doll. But given how iconic that gold dress is and how it's currently being featured on mech. It will probably be the dress used, unless Disney wants to surprise us.

Almost 10am and the disneystore is still unavailable. Over on their Facebook page the last update from a customer reps was:

"We are currently investigating a checkout issue and while this is taking place, our holding pages have been put up. Fixing this is a priority for our teams and we hope to have the Online Store up and running again soon."

I'm going to give them another 30min and then I'm giving up on the LE ATTLG releases

Glad I waited, the site is back on line and I've got both LE releases :bigthumb:.

What an unnecessarily difficult process.

Also, delux set is available (as at 10.30 GMT)

I was hoping for belles blue town outfit or her ball gown, mixed feelings on her red winter dress... I'll have to wait and see pictures.

I know it's an unpopular opinion, but... I really love the 17" Alice TTLG dolls. ^-^

I do too! I wasn't sure about them at first, especially since I'm not a big fan of the live-action Alice movies (LOVE the 1951 film though). But I definitely think the costumes on both Alice and the Red Queen were spectacular, and Alice's face mold looks just like Mia Wasikowska! :)

I didn't buy them to save $ for the fall releases, but these dolls are making me look forward to the BatB collection in spring that much more.

Last edited:
We are getting closer and closer to the reveal of Belle! I seriously cannot wait to see what she looks like. I am starting to have faith that both her and the Beast will be in their winter outfits (especially after seeing the deluxe dolls in those outfits) and the platinum set will be them in the ball room scene (maybe with the Beast as Prince Adam).

Also, haven't pictures of the designer doll merch been leaked around this time of year in the past? I feel like we should start seeing stuff on that pretty soon with an official announcement not too long after Belle goes up for pre-order.

We are getting closer and closer to the reveal of Belle! I seriously cannot wait to see what she looks like. I am starting to have faith that both her and the Beast will be in their winter outfits (especially after seeing the deluxe dolls in those outfits) and the platinum set will be them in the ball room scene (maybe with the Beast as Prince Adam).

Also, haven't pictures of the designer doll merch been leaked around this time of year in the past? I feel like we should start seeing stuff on that pretty soon with an official announcement not too long after Belle goes up for pre-order.

On years past when D23 is on it's off year, the announcement came in August for the Designer series. We may be waiting 2 more months.

On years past when D23 is on it's off year, the announcement came in August for the Designer series. We may be waiting 2 more months.

But on the off year of Designer Series Part 2 - Prince and Princesses the first official look of the dolls was in June 24th 2014, with sneak peeks of the artwork showing up the end of May 2014. So we could get a peek at something soon maybe.

I think the winter outfits will be the platinum set with the regular set being the gold dress. I'm most excited for aurora and maleficent designer dolls

it's been speculated at the Platinum set would be a wedding outfit for both Belle and Human Beast. I would kinda side with that.

Source: http://disneylimitededitiondolls.tumblr.com Exciting news! Very reliable sources have announced that the individual 17" LE Belle doll will be wearing this outfit!
27086047793_1fbbd43ca4_d.jpg

Last edited:
giphy.gif

That would be really stupid.. The doll is not even coming out with the enchanted Christmas...... ugh Disney... I hope this isn't true.

It's interesting because they're releasing a Couture de Force Belle in her Christmas dress this fall. She comes with a Chip ornament. So it's possible that Disney is pushing this outfit. Maybe they're going to rerelease Enchanted Christmas, too. :)

Unfortunately the Gold dress was already done, and while not perfect, they can't devalue the original Limited Edition Belle doll by making it again. But maybe like Jasmine the Platinum set, they will reuse the same outfit, and just make it white? So Belle's Gold dress in white?

But the winter outfit has a lot of potential.
6225ae22768a291601bcd7f2f7bd43dd.jpg

It looks so ugly and not magical when compared to the other one. I've seen the couture de force figure in person and the dress is not impressive at all.

I'm not saying that they should remake an exact version of the ballgown, but they could have done it in a new twist. And it wouldn't devalue the original doll because the only people that are in love with that doll are the ones who currently own it and they are the ones that are driving the price up. So outsiders don't really matter in that situation.

I think a new dress would be more interesting, personally. The yellow dress has been merchandised to death.

So I looked up a limited edition Disney doll blog on tumblr I believe, and they said that belle will be in her pink dress with her cape, gold embroidered roses, etc, and with a bird on her hand. And I think it said that preorder is early August.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back