• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

DisneyStore Limited Edition 17" Dolls Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
DisneyStore Limited Edition 17" Dolls Discussion
Same here.

Here's what I figured.

Each account has a GuestID. Once your GuestID shows a generic error message at checkout, it never goes away. If you want to view old orders, it shows generic error. If you wanna change the address, it shows Generic Error. It has nothing to do with the account, but with the website. You can also call them and ask for an order status. Worst of all is that it won't let you check the order status even if you log out.

Sounds logical. Curiouser and curiouser...

just called and got the shipping refunded no problem. also I never received a confirmation email but she confirmed they have my order and no issues. just save that order number once your order goes through!

I can't believe Disney let the website have THIS many problems during a doll release. Unbelievable. Sorry to everyone who had trouble this morning. :(

For anyone still keeping score, I just got off the phone with Disney and my orders are in the system and they did refund the S&H fee. The (very nice) cast member said a lot of people were having the same problem. I told her that my orders weren’t appearing under my account on the DisneyStore website and she said that they’ve been having trouble with the site for over a month (!) but that all was well as far the orders I placed. (Fingers crossed, that’s the case for everyone!)

I just called this afternoon and asked them to remove the shipping fees from my order so I am happy. I don't think they charged more than once as mine never actually got to the checkout page without email, as soon as I took the free shipping code off it stopped saying generic error and I got the confirmation page and email, but sometimes the credit card charges are a bit slow to appear so I'll keep an eye out the next couple days.

I see they took them all off the site, which is surprising. I wonder if they sold out or if they're just trying to keep the page from glitching? I can see Belle being sold out, even Beast, but am surprised about Gaston. I didn't really think he was nice enough looking and the princes usually don't sell out very fast (ie Prince Philip). Hm, I'll keep checking the site today and post here if I see anything pop up.

Also weird how people's accounts didn't work? I had no issues with my usual account I've had since 2011, although I had just updated addresses and cards last week. Mine only shows one order going through, which is good at least.

Last edited:
A few people in Germany were able to order it once they took out the shipping code. But only a handful.

There isn't any free shipping to anywhere except the US, so that is odd they would put a shipping code in there at all? Unless they were shipping to a US address.

At any rate, it seems like checking out as a guest and not using the free shipping code worked for most people!

I got some stupid credit card issue, so I used paypal. Then forgot the shipping code--but since I read that that could cause problems, just as well. I called this morning to use the code. As usual, they took it. I got my Gaston. I had pre-ordered Belle/Beast at the Store today.

I got lucky it seems.

Soooooo glad I passed on these dolls after reading all the horror stories of last night... Really hoping all who are overcharged or unable to get a confirmation get everything sorted out and hopefully get their dolls.

this is a mess and Disney should have been more prepared for this.

What an absolute disaster. I preordered mine in store this time but I've followed everyone's experience here. I'm glad for those of you who have had your order go through. But I'm anxious and upset for those who didn't or are left still wondering this morning, or who got hundreds to thousands of dollars (or equivalent) frozen on their card and still no confirmation whether they will be receiving their doll (or perhaps their doll and 21 extra dolls, which would also be upsetting, both to that person and those who got no doll). Nobody should have gone through all the hassle and stress they did last night, even those whose order has finally gone through properly. It is also nobody's fault to get charged for a doll and not receive a doll, how could you have authorized one and not the other? That's only Disney's fault, and seriously, good customer service would be to offer some compensation in apology for it. Similarly, nobody should end up paying for and receiving extras of their order because the limit is supposed to be one per person, so if Disney does do that it's also their fault.

Can we have a thread for each doll series? Or each year? Or something to break it all down?

I got Belle/Beast at the Store, and Gaston at 1230 this morning--with a confirmation email and pending payment through paypal. I called to get free shipping, but that hasn't processed yet.

I called and got my shipping credited then had a minor panic when suddenly I kept getting "generic error" when trying to view my order on their website, which had been working until that call. (I have a confirmation email and had already confirmed online but thought maybe in refunding my shipping they managed to undo my order). Called back and they looked up my order. It was still in the system and they said I'm all set. I'll feel better when I finally get a shipping notice in Sept or have the doll in hand. Until then I'm still convinced they're going to contact me one day to tell me I didn't actually buy her.

Seriously though, last night was such a mess. I'm not going for any of the designers, thank goodness, but will be trying for Moana later in the year so hopefully they have their sh*t together before then.

Ok so all the links to purchase the dolls are down. You can't even see if they are sold out or not. Something tells me they had to take them down to sort out through the mess. I wouldn't be surprised if the links popped back up in a few days...I think their inventories are linked to their website so the people who had thousands of dollars charged to their cards may have very well ordered 20 dolls... What a mess.

I'm so disappointed with this release guys... I did everything right, or thought I did. I had everything up, opened and ready to go. Everything I did was standard operation for getting in and out quick. This release was SO un-textbook and I lost in the end. I tried and tried and tried...But nothing! I didn't get Belle (wasn't interested in Gaston and Beast) and NOW I will have to resort to scalpers, UGH!! I HATE giving into them! I could cry!

I have over £1000 on hold with Disney. I called my bank and they said it was 8 transactions. No email from Disney and I can't even get into my Disney account because the website is a total abomination.
This makes me livid. I am on holiday when Belle gets released in Europe too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back