• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

DisneyStore Limited Edition 17" Dolls Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
You guys are amazing! This was a real lemons to lemonade situation, and you persevered! This was a great (my first) doll stakeout, even though it was faaaaar from ideal, and I have you all to thank! Thank you!!!!!

i wish they would just take her off the site and say its sold out so i don't try anymore. once she is in the bag, then she is gone, then i can't pay cause the took the money already....oh well.

yeah the seize it but i dont know for how long?

i just read on a facebook page that someone got it 19 times (!!!) charged on his bank yet no order went through.. how can they charge it without putting an order? urgh

i just read on a facebook page that someone got it 19 times (!!!) charged on his bank yet no order went through.. how can they charge it without putting an order? urgh

19 times? OMG...

soooo they charged me 22 times and I don't even have her now I am freaking out that's over 2000 dollar/euro and it's my mother her card (she knows that I used it) but 22 times what the hell. I can't calm down!!

Yup, they charged my husband's card too. That is ridiculous! No doll, and when will we get our money back??

What?! I'm really hoping that didn't happen here, or that they realize that the order actually only went through once. I got to the submit order button a few times, but I always got either an error code or Belle would be removed from my cart and I'd have to go back and add her again. What a nightmare! They've been releasing the dolls for so many years, you think they would have gotten all the bugs worked out. I thought that dollmageddon of '11 was the worst experience, I was proven wrong tonight. I've never had such a bad experience, and I was present, if not ordering, for many many doll releases. Really puts you off ordering in the future. I was already trying to limit my purchases, I think I will retire after the heroes vs villains release later.

Sorry for everybody who had a bad experience :( I feel awful that so many collectors were frustrated with what should have been an exciting event

so nobody out of America could order a doll??

Whoa... okay, I thought two times was bad; I considered once more, but decided against because I didn't want to have to keep rearranging my funds.

I'm in Australia, and will confirm (at this point) that I couldn't order. I haven't heard of Americans having that problem. Sadly I can't order anywhere other than the disneystore website, as we have no Disney Store in my country :(

But, in saying that - I am very happy for whoever got their dolls. Congratulations - they are beautiful, and I am envious :)

Belle seems back now. But I have no more amount in my card for another try now ...

same here :( i guess calling the credit card company might help so they delete those transactions but that's annoying and hard work too. they shouldn't charge your card until the order is through.

Disney is always slow and I live in the Netherlands so who knows how long this will take I can't just miss over 2000 I have to call them but that will be expensive because it's not in my own country. D:

I personally don't understand how the charges are going through like this. They shouldn't be attempting to charge the card unless the order officially goes through. It wouldn't take them much to cancel the order if the funds aren't available... being charged like that for something you don't even get is criminal. They should be offering compensation of some sort to people like you who got repeatedly charge and won't get the money back right away. They're basically punishing you for trying to buy something from them.

same here :( i guess calling the credit card company might help so they delete those transactions but that's annoying and hard work too. they shouldn't charge your card until the order is through.
I think the only thing I can do is waiting... I 'm afraid it would be long gone when they (DS or my credit card company) has resolved the issue.

What?! I'm really hoping that didn't happen here, or that they realize that the order actually only went through once. I got to the submit order button a few times, but I always got either an error code or Belle would be removed from my cart and I'd have to go back and add her again. What a nightmare! They've been releasing the dolls for so many years, you think they would have gotten all the bugs worked out. I thought that dollmageddon of '11 was the worst experience, I was proven wrong tonight. I've never had such a bad experience, and I was present, if not ordering, for many many doll releases. Really puts you off ordering in the future. I was already trying to limit my purchases, I think I will retire after the heroes vs villains release later.

Sorry for everybody who had a bad experience :( I feel awful that so many collectors were frustrated with what should have been an exciting event

I partly blame the fact that they released them all at once. Instead of making these releases smoother they made it much worse. It's bad enough having to order online in the first place (I can't get to a store on weekdays, so I don't really have a choice) and living outside the US which means having to pay extra for the shipping and exchange... but having to go through this nightmare too?!

UUUUuuuh, this must have been a horrible release.... I'm sorry you had such horrible experiences.

I just tried and I was able to add all three dolls to my bag so maybe they are still available

I partly blame the fact that they released them all at once. Instead of making these releases smoother they made it much worse. It's bad enough having to order online in the first place (I can't get to a store on weekdays, so I don't really have a choice) and living outside the US which means having to pay extra for the shipping and exchange... but having to go through this nightmare too?!

I agree. I mean it's a toss up; living outside of the US means not being eligible for the free shipping, so if they were to spread the dolls out over a couple of weeks/days (at least), then we'd pay heaps more in shipping fees... however, it might make it not so difficult. But who knows? I think it really is just the Disneystore website not working. In total, the three dolls + shipping (to Australia was about $155 USD) was going to come to $680 Australian dollars. And I was WILLING to pay that for them because I love Disney. But now I've been charged over $1200 and don't even have an order to show for it is disgraceful. I have already emailed Disney to discuss my dissatisfaction. I know I'll get the money back; I've pre-ordered a lot, I know how the charge works, but I agree again with your previous statement; I can't understand how they're charging my card when the order isn't confirmed...

I need to take a big deep breath, and Let It Go ;) ... it's just... infuriating.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back