• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

DisneyStore Limited Edition 17" Dolls Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
DisneyStore Limited Edition 17" Dolls Discussion
The stock photo is just gorgeous. Just remember that we never get the doll pictured, it's always a prototype. I'm not sure how she's going to turn out, but once the display dolls come out, we'll know.

I think she's beyond gorgeous and looks spectacular but I don't think I'll be trying for her. It's not one of my favorite outfits and even though she is beautiful I feel like she'll stand out in my collection among the mostly blue and green characters I have. I was hoping for her blue town outfit. I am however glad we're getting more Belle dolls, and super excited for Gaston & the other B&TB dolls.

I think she's quite lovely. Her face mold and hair are amazing, the rose design on her dress is beautiful, and I like the bird. I hope there is some sort of embellishment or embroidery on the back of her cape. The biggest flaw to me is that the middle part of her skirt looks plain and needs "Something There" ;)

Hmm... Looking at the image, it looks like the embroidery on the cape doesn't even extend to the bottom edge of the cape. I'm interested in seeing what the cape looks like now and if there is anything on the hood!

Also, at first I thought that the middle part of her skirt also looked plain, but then I thought that it would pretty much ruin the already crowded rose pattern on her dress. If anything, she should have gotten some large rose embroidery in the same color as the middle of her dress. Kind of like Jafar's top and how the thick black embroidery make the doll look amazing.

22117822522_90687038b0_b.jpg

Last edited:
Oh wow! Belle isn't anywhere near my favourite but the doll looks wonderful, so much better than the previous 17" Belle. Very nice. :) I will try for her if I can in the September. But yeah, again, thanks for only 500 in the UK, Disney. Should be at least 1000. Hoping the second market might not be too bad as there already is a Belle doll out there and the early editions tend to go for more (just look at SQ Elsa/ Coronation Anna in comparision to the FF ones in price, although their edition size is smaller).

Last edited:
My lord she is beyond gorgeous. Usually stock photos can be hit or miss for these dolls anymore, but she turned out so much better than I ever would have expected honestly. The rose pattern on her dress is just so stunning. If I had to complain about one thing, it would probably be that her hair is a bit longer than I would like it to be. Disney always makes her hair longer than it is in the movie, and while it still looks gorgeous, I would prefer it be just a tiny bit shorter. Even with that small nitpick, she is miles better than the original Belle doll we got for the Diamond Edition.

I told myself that I would only be getting the Alice designer set and MAYBE the 17" Beast or the designer Maleficent/Aurora set (if any of them look good of course), but because Belle turned out this nicely, I honestly dunno anymore. This might be the very first doll I pre-order. I need to see pictures of the designer dolls soon so I can come to a decision before the pre-order date!

Last edited:
She looks fantastic, wearing my second favorite dress (after her blue one) so I am sold. Now to start saving the funds for her. Goodbye wallet, it was good knowing you. Thanks to the original source, for the photo.

i can already guess that the queue at the disney store champs elysées will start on early friday this time. Maybe before. It's going to be crazy

It's really absurd. I hope that's not true, 500 pieces is too low for whole Europe. For the Alice doll (which is 4000 pieces worldwide) we got 974 pieces, for this (which is 5000 worldwide) we only get 500? I don't understand, I'm so upster right now, hope to get one with no problem because she sure will be more popular than some previous releases.

Waking up to this photo of Belle was the best thing! :) The only thing I'm afraid of is usually stock photos look terrible and if she looks this good, I really hope they're not pulling another "blue-aurora" on us and this end up being the Harrod's version and we get a less superior version..

Waking up to this photo of Belle was the best thing! :) The only thing I'm afraid of is usually stock photos look terrible and if she looks this good, I really hope they're not pulling another "blue-aurora" on us and this end up being the Harrod's version and we get a less superior version..

I remember that fiasco, ha ha! Fortunately, for those of us who got Blue Aurora, it really didn't matter in the end because she was still just as beautiful. The false advertising was annoying, though. Let's just hope that Disney hired a new photographer and that's all it is. I know it won't matter to me, in the end, but I'll still feel bad for those it does matter to.

I agree 500 is too low for Europe but we also only got 500 for pink Aurora:/ so it's nothing new is getting low amounts. I think belle is very pretty big improvement on the previous belle. I think she makes a beautiful doll but she doesn't scream Belle- doesn't look iconic. I'm going to pass on her and wait to see the designer set

I cannot wait for the new Belle doll. I wasn't a huge fan of the first one thankfully since she is so expensive anyways, so I'm glad that this gorgeous one I might actually be able to buy at retail.

I wasn't sold on the idea of Belle in her winter outfit until I saw this photo today. :) Everything about her is so beautiful!! Now I can't wait for August.

So happy to finally see her! and 100% happy that its not the gold dress. Also EU always gets way more of the platinum and in the harrods sets case, all of them.

I think she turned out really beautiful!
Maybe we get less because there were more people living in the USA who ordered the Alice set from the UK?

I wish Disney would distribute the 17" dolls and platinum sets more evenly. If Europe is only getting 500 out of 5000 of the Belle doll, I hope that doesn't mean the U.S. only gets about 50 of the platinum set! BaTB is one of my favorite movies and fairy tales, so I am planning on going for the platinum set this time although I know it will be nearly impossible to get.

Also, I hope the platinum set is an LE of 450 like the ATTLG set (or 500 like live-action Cinderella!) and not 250 like the Aladdin one. I really don't understand the thinking of whoever made that decision. It's almost as if the more popular something is, the fewer sets they make just to mess with us.

Anyway, I think the new Belle is gorgeous! I am completely in love with this doll. They did a stellar job. Even the stock photo looks great. Also I love the bird-- so glad they are adding the props back in.

I do hope the embroidery on the cape will go all the way to the bottom and not stop at the top. That seems a bit weird, but it's not that huge a deal. I agree with lordofanime that the dress design is basically a carbon copy to the DFDC dolls' dress design, but again, not a deal breaker for me. And one other thing -- I was hoping her cape would have been lined with faux fur like in the movie, that's really the only thing I'm disappointed about.

I can't wait to see Gaston and the Beast!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back