• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

DisneyStore Limited Edition 17" Dolls Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
DisneyStore Limited Edition 17" Dolls Discussion
The one thing I'm worried about now is that all three of them are going to be released at the same time, which will certainly increase the chances of an online crash come August 3rd. Hopefully I'm wrong and there's no trouble, but I was already worried about it when it was just going to be Belle coming out that day and Disney Store's track record isn't exactly the best.

I was worried about that too... also, what are the odds of being able to add 2 or all 3 to the cart and checkout before one (probably Belle) sells out? I'm thinking it might be safer to buy Belle, then do a seperate order for the others.

Awww!!! The Beast actually looks so cute! I agree that he'll look great next to Belle. I don't know how I feel about Gaston though. If that's the pose he's going to be in his box, I can't say I think it's going to be a very nice presentation. I know he's a doll but he looks kind of stiff like that and not very "Gaston". Or maybe it does work because it looks like he's in his own little world? XD

The only thing I really don't like is that the Beast is entirely plastic. It would have been nice if he'd had some "fur." I love the birds though.

It makes sense that they are doing all three dolls as preorder, but I wasn't expecting I'd need to pay for all three dolls in less than 2 weeks! I wonder if the platinum set will still be in September?

Ok, so these are all supposed to be available at the Stores on August 2d, but likely with a drawing to determine who gets?

Or call midnight on August 3d?

What a surprise, all three for pre-order. I love Beast and if I can't order Belle. I'll at least have a good fall back. But with all three up, no way I can afford all of them. Nice option though.

Is there a link to the Disney site for these?

And can anyone answer my prior questions:

Are all supposed to be available at the Stores on August 2d, but likely with a drawing to determine who gets? Or call midnight on August 3d?

Is there a link to the Disney site for these?

And can anyone answer my prior questions:

Are all supposed to be available at the Stores on August 2d, but likely with a drawing to determine who gets? Or call midnight on August 3d?

All three of these dolls will be released for pre-order in stores on August 2nd. That means you have to pay the full price for the doll right then and there, but you won't actually be able to pick up the doll until September when the signature edition Blu-ray comes out. You can't call and pre-order. You have to be there in person.

They will be going up for pre-order on August 3rd online, and you won't have to pay for the dolls until they are ready to ship a week or two before their release date.

EDIT: Whoops never mind janeckb beat me to it haha. :lol:

Last edited:
Wow.... What a big disappointment!

I thought Belle turned out great, but the price that came with the extra effort exerted into her design was too high on Gaston and the Beast.

holy... wow.....

Ok, so let's talk about what I don't like:

The Beast:
There is no way this doll is worth $120. There barely any embroidery on him. Just the two lines on his cape, and the line doesn't even connect. It doesn't go around at the bottom! He just looks way too plain! I mean look at Phillip, that doll is so full of embroidery. Heck, even the pleated sleeves are embroidered! That doll exudes the price tag of $120. Even Aladdin who was in his peasant outfit had so much embroidery in the back. It frustrates me. I guess the best thing about this doll is the mold for the beast, but even that comes short. They could have made this a flocked figure and still retain all the lines and details. Yes, the paint job is nice, but this is a 17" figure, you'd have to be Hasbro or Mattel to screw up the paint job. It's just soooo plain, and it annoys me. :suspect:

Gaston:
His proportions are way off haha. I think his head is too small. Or rather, his neck is way too short... Does he even have a neck? He looks like the thing Simon Pegg played in Star Wars the force awakens. I mean, even look at his hands, they're so tiny... I wonder if they're the same size as Aladdin and the others haha. I don't like that his shirt is a pullover, and not a buttoned down shirt like in the movie, and it looks rather plain. His coat is full of embroidery, but again, it's so big that you can't really commend them for the intricacy. Even his belt, it looks so plain, like look at Phillip's belt, that was made of faux leather and it had etching on it, it didn't look so plain. His pants also look super super plain, like they could have at least embroidered the sides...

I mean, again, I think the main issue with both dolls is that they look so ridiculously simple and plain when compared to other dolls that we have gotten. Even the designer dolls had more detail than those. Shame Shame Shame, I was really looking forward to this release.

And yes, August 4th is going to be CRAZY!2

Hah! Someone on facebook thought that Gaston looked a lot like a character named Robbie Rotten:
Gt-not-knowing-who-robbie-rotten-is-_4ecdaf85d9dd90126cd726f75dfe6e9f.jpg

hqdefault.jpg
maxresdefault.jpg

The resemblance is so uncanny!!

All three of these dolls will be released for pre-order in stores on August 2nd. That means you have to pay the full price for the doll right then and there, but you won't actually be able to pick up the doll until September when the signature edition Blu-ray comes out. You can't call and pre-order. You have to be there in person.

They will be going up for pre-order on August 3rd online, and you won't have to pay for the dolls until they are ready to ship a week or two before their release date.

EDIT: Whoops never mind janeckb beat me to it haha. :lol:

Thanks, guys/gals!!

The Beast:
There is no way this doll is worth $120. There barely any embroidery on him. Just the two lines on his cape, and the line doesn't even connect. It doesn't go around at the bottom! He just looks way too plain! I mean look at Phillip, that doll is so full of embroidery. Heck, even the pleated sleeves are embroidered! That doll exudes the price tag of $120. Even Aladdin who was in his peasant outfit had so much embroidery in the back. It frustrates me. I guess the best thing about this doll is the mold for the beast, but even that comes short. They could have made this a flocked figure and still retain all the lines and details. Yes, the paint job is nice, but this is a 17" figure, you'd have to be Hasbro or Mattel to screw up the paint job. It's just soooo plain, and it annoys me. :suspect:

I personally don't agree with this as I think the Beast looks wonderful, and I really admire beauty in simplicity. Its such a nice sculpt, and I think it would be too difficult to make a Beast doll with lots of fur look accurate to his movie counterpart without there being lots of complications. However, I do agree with you on how they could have at least flocked him. Flocking could have given the impression that he had fur without taking anything away from the sculpt. I also do think he could have used a bit more embroidery on the back of his cape, but other than that I think he looks great.

I love both the Beast and Gaston! I'm going to try and pre-order online because I'll be at work and won't be able to get to the store. I wonder if i'll have any trouble getting them? Hope not because I collect the villains and princes.

I was hoping for Gaston's more iconic outfit, and a lthough I think he's decent he does remind me of a bad Elvis or the villain from lazy town... Beast looks amazing. I love the little bird details. I think I'm going to be passing on all the dolls... I'm kind of disappointed with gaston and belle and beast are pretty but are dolls I can live without.

Ill have more money for the Lilly Pulitzer sale in August tho! :daisy:

The new face sculpt for The Beast is wonderful, and I like that they added a few birds on him. It is a little simple but seeing as how Belle's dress was kind of simple I thought Beast would be too, but I think these two will look very nice together as a set. I think I'll pass on Gaston. I was hoping for a much more proportionate look for his doll. He seems a little off. Oh well, hopefully they make Evil Queen next year.

Another pleasant surprise to wake up to! I actually really like the way Beast looks and I personally loved how the pattern on the inside of his cape matches Belle's and think they'll look wonderful next to each other. I'll agree though that Beast at $120 seems a bit pricey for what he is.

Skipping on Gaston .. His outfit just doesn't impress me and yes, that jaw, the chest and the whole proportion just looks way off... I can't get over how that jaw is just.. so much nope.lol

Last edited:
I think the main problem I have with Gaston is the stuffing added to his shirt to create his muscles. It's just... too much. I don't know, maybe it's just the picture that's throwing it off, but the proportions there don't match with the rest of his form. Huge chest, skinny legs... Yeah, really hope that's just the picture and he'll be a bit more impressive in person. Really doesn't matter to me either way, of course, as I'll be passing on him.

The mirror doesn't make sense for him, I agree. It should have gone to the Beast, but I get why they chose to give Adam the birds with that outfit rather than the enchanted mirror. Since this is the proposal outfit for Gaston, nothing would have really made much sense - he didn't have anything with him in that scene, if I remember correctly. The only object he interacted with was Belle's book, which he got mud all over when he put his boots on it.

Gotta admit, that Beast is mighty tempting. Prince Adam isn't exactly my favorite of the Disney Princes - I prefer Phillip, Eric, and Eugene - so I'm not a hundred percent certain I'm gonna want to try for him. Gonna have to debate about it a bit more.

Last edited:
I'm pretty sure the mirror Gaston is holding isn't the enchanted mirror. The enchanted mirror was silver and had a different design on the back. Gaston's mirror is gold, has a more complex symbol on the back, and the handle and frame are made out of antlers. That kind of implies that its Gaston's mirror, and he is looking at himself because of how narcissistic he is. I think it makes sense in that regard.

If you look close at Gaston's mirror, there is a big "G" on the back of it. I thought it was the enchanted mirror also until I looked at it and saw the handle that looked like horns/wood and the G on the back. I guess this means he will be in his usual outfit for the Designer set, I hope that doll has a new body. I also think they stuffed the jacket for the 17" rather than gave him a new body.

What other main Villains would be left, not counting Pocahontas and Mulan since they haven't even been made unfortunately?
Evil Queen
Dr. Facilier
Hans
Maybe Cruella, Hook, cartoon version Queen of Hearts
And I would buy Hades in a second if they ever dared to make him.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back