• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

DisneyStore Limited Edition 17" Dolls Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
DisneyStore Limited Edition 17" Dolls Discussion
I like your taste in princes. ;D

:)

I'm pretty sure the mirror Gaston is holding isn't the enchanted mirror. The enchanted mirror was silver and had a different design on the back. Gaston's mirror is gold, has a more complex symbol on the back, and the handle and frame are made out of antlers. That kind of implies that its Gaston's mirror, and he is looking at himself because of how narcissistic he is. I think it makes sense in that regard.

Whoa, good catch! Didn't see that until now. Yeah, definitely not the Enchanted Mirror, then.

I am very disappointed. The Beast and Gaston have glaring proportion issues. The Beast's body is too small and human-like, and Gaston's chin appears to have a life of its own. I wish we could see the front of Gaston's face. Considering that the dolls are pre-order only, multiple photos should be provided for each doll. However, I'm still looking forward to seeing the new Heroes vs. Villains sets.

omg I love this doll and its deffo the nicest one in a while but their was something about the pattern that reminded me of something and you said it- grandmas curtains!!
I won't be getting this doll as it doesn't scream Belle and its not a iconic look. Wish they had added the fur to the hood. However it is beautiful

I absolutely agree. The doll doesn't scream Belle. A little bit of fur would've made a big difference.

Wow well didn't realize they were doing pre orders for all three dolls in one day. Is this a first from Disney? As for beast and Gaston I don't like the Gaston doll at all he just seems off. I can't quite put my finger on what it is but he seems off. The beast I really like and think will go great with Belle. Only complaint I have is I wish there were a bit more detail in beasts cape. Going to be an expensive day if I decide to get both of these dolls

I was hoping that Gaston and the Beast would look more like the dolls pictured below.
For the prices that Disney is charging, I expected both dolls to have proportionate, movie-accurate bodies.
Oh well. Now I have more money to spend on Doctor Who collectibles and SDCC exclusives.

[IM]
c6995.png
[/IMG]

Now that all the magic and sparkles of the new doll reveals have settled down a bit, I have decided that I probably will not be purchasing the Beast (love Gaston too, but I never planned on getting him to begin with). I love how he looks and I think he would be a wonderful addition to any collection, but I think I need to save my money for other things. Not to mention that I am running out of room to put any of my collectibles, so I don't need another 17" doll crowding up my room right now. Plus, despite how much I absolutely love Beauty and the Beast, I feel like I would get more satisfaction out of another doll like the upcoming designer dolls or maybe even Moana. Maybe I will get him down the line or something.

Anyways, I was remembering a rumor that happened earlier in the year after the Signature Collection edition of Snow White came out. The rumor was that the Beauty and the Beast signature edition Blu-ray would be released in the fall, and Alice would be released in the following spring. Considering the part about Beauty and the Beast turned out to be true, that rumor is starting to have some credibility. If Alice turns out to be the next signature collection release, does anyone think we could get a brand new Alice doll? Perhaps one that is more accurate to the original film instead of being a hybrid of the original and the Tim Burton version like the LE 500 doll was?

Last edited:
I kinda think at this point Alice would be over kill. We have designer qoh not to mention the rumoured designer Alice set this year. We have a 17 inch classic Alice and Queen of Hearts and they have done Alice live action dolls this year.

I really wish they had not skipped Snow White:( I want a evil Queen doll more than any other doll at this moment.

Now that all the magic and sparkles of the new doll reveals have settled down a bit, I have decided that I probably will not be purchasing the Beast (love Gaston too, but I never planned on getting him to begin with). I love how he looks and I think he would be a wonderful addition to any collection, but I think I need to save my money for other things. Not to mention that I am running out of room to put any of my collectibles, so I don't need another 17" doll crowding up my room right now. Plus, despite how much I absolutely love Beauty and the Beast, I feel like I would get more satisfaction out of another doll like the upcoming designer dolls or maybe even Moana. Maybe I will get him down the line or something.

Anyways, I was remembering a rumor that happened earlier in the year after the Signature Collection edition of Snow White came out. The rumor was that the Beauty and the Beast signature edition Blu-ray would be released in the fall, and Alice would be released in the following spring. Considering the part about Beauty and the Beast turned out to be true, that rumor is starting to have some credibility. If Alice turns out to be the next signature collection release, does anyone think we could get a brand new Alice doll? Perhaps one that is more accurate to the original film instead of being a hybrid of the original and the Tim Burton version like the LE 500 doll was?

I'm in the minority of people who don't consider the original 17" Alice doll to be a "hybrid." She was released for the 60th anniversary of animated Alice, a year AFTER the Burton film (2011 vs 2010), and her dress is really Alice's dress jazzed up--which you would expect from the 17" line, in which every character's "classic" outfit has been enhanced in some way. I'm not being argumentative with you, ha ha, although it may sound like it. :D I think that's the biggest issue with doing another "classic" Alice: She only has one outfit in the entire movie--so unless they quite literally just design a new blue dress, I don't know what they could do with her. Doesn't mean another Alice doll wouldn't be welcomed by many--and I'm not saying there's no chance. I just am not sure what they could do to make her different from what they've already done. Belle had other clothes to change into for a new doll ....

As far as the blu-ray release, at least, it's an interesting question. I thought they'd put out a new edition timed to the 65th anniversary--but that's been released to DMC members and not (yet) the general public. The DMC version is not labeled as "signature," so would they release ANOTHER blu-ray within six months to a year? Not sure. It does raise the question: Alice or not, what will they do for the next 17" doll release???*

* After BatB and Moana, since we already know about those.

Last edited:
I'm in the minority of people who don't consider the original 17" Alice doll to be a "hybrid." She was released for the 60th anniversary of animated Alice, a year AFTER the Burton film (2011 vs 2010), and her dress is really Alice's dress jazzed up--which you would expect from the 17" line, in which every character's "classic" outfit has been enhanced in some way. I'm not being argumentative with you, ha ha, although it may sound like it. :D I think that's the biggest issue with doing another "classic" Alice: She only has one outfit in the entire movie--so unless they quite literally just design a new blue dress, I don't know what they could do with her. Doesn't mean another Alice doll wouldn't be welcomed by many--and I'm not saying there's no chance. I just am not sure what they could do to make her different from what they've already done. Belle had other clothes to change into for a new doll ....

As far as the blu-ray release, at least, it's an interesting question. I thought they'd put out a new edition timed to the 65th anniversary--but that's been released to DMC members and not (yet) the general public. The DMC version is not labeled as "signature," so would they release ANOTHER blu-ray within six months to a year? Not sure. It does raise the question: Alice or not, what will they do for the next 17" doll release???*

* After BatB and Moana, since we already know about those.

Haha you make interesting and good points! I didn't take it the wrong way at all. I really like discussions like this. But the LE 500 Alice and Queen of Hearts always came across as hybrids of both brands to me. They each have features that I could associate with both films (ESPECIALLY the Queen of Hearts). But I can see what you mean by them being just jazzed up versions of their original looks.

I do agree that the only other thing they could do for a new Alice doll is design a new look for her blue dress. I think you can make it look closer to the original dress while still making it look "worthy" of being associated with an LE doll. If anything it gives Disney an excuse to create a higher LE number seeing the first doll is so sought after, and they will have a face mold to go off of this fall with the designer set. As for the recent DMC re-release blu-ray, its exactly the same as the blu-ray you can buy in stores right now, which the only real differences being that it has a digital copy included and some new cover art. So the signature collection blu-ray would be a completely different blu-ray with new special features, menus and so forth. It is still a bit odd though. I guess we will have to wait and see what happens after Beauty and the Beast is released in September!

Last edited:
Technically at one point in the film Alice wears the white rabbits house... That's an outfit...

lol just kidding but seriously I would love another Alice doll.

Haha you make interesting and good points! I didn't take it the wrong way at all. I really like discussions like this. But the LE 500 Alice and Queen of Hearts always came across as hybrids of both brands to me. They each have features that I could associate with both films (ESPECIALLY the Queen of Hearts). But I can see what you mean by them being just jazzed up versions of their original looks.

I do agree that the only other thing they could do for a new Alice doll is design a new look for her blue dress. I think you can make it look closer to the original dress while still making it look "worthy" of being associated with an LE doll. If anything it gives Disney an excuse to create a higher LE number seeing the first doll is so sought after, and they will have a face mold to go off of this fall with the designer set. As for the recent DMC re-release blu-ray, its exactly the same as the blu-ray you can buy in stores right now, which the only real differences being that it has a digital copy included and some new cover art. So the signature collection blu-ray would be a completely different blu-ray with new special features, menus and so forth. It is still a bit odd though. I guess we will have to wait and see what happens after Beauty and the Beast is released in September!

I would LOVE a new face mold for Alice! That's my one tiny complaint about the existing 17" doll ... Alice and QoH have Barbie doll faces, with different paint and eyelashes glued on. :p Snow, Tiana, and Rapunzel, all of whom were released before Alice (I believe), don't have that problem. (Maybe Snow a little, but her paint job captures the character.) I guess Disney didn't know how to morph Alice from a little girl to a woman wearing a poufy dress, so they just plunked on a Barbie head. That's part of why I really wish we would see a Heroes v Villains preview already--I'm dying to know what Alice looks like!

And thanks for the info on the DMC blu-ray. I've poked around online and couldn't figure out a difference (aside from the 65th anniversary cover). Good to know I have not yet missed anything, ha. It would be cool to have a Signature Edition with new (NEW, Disney, NEW) features and stuff. But they tend to give precedence to princesses in these lines, and Alice, alas, is not royalty.

Technically at one point in the film Alice wears the white rabbits house... That's an outfit...

This is hilarious! And maybe not a 17" doll (Can you imagine the packaging?!? It'd be HUGE!*) but what a fun idea for a doll, period. Madame Alexander did something like this once, but it would be cool to have a Disney version. Ha!

* EDIT: What am I thinking? They call those "platinum editions"! :D

Last edited:
I am so excited about the Beast doll. I understand they probably couldn't fit him in the box if he was much bigger, so that's alright. I like the fact his outfit is simple, because it is simple in the movie and I can't stand lots of embroidery. Some of the dresses look as though my mom got ahold of them with her embroidery machine. She embroiders everything!!! But I love her! Gaston is . . . well . . . skinny. Which totally takes away from his character and chin. If he had a big muscular chest and some quadriceps in those legs, his chin would look alright. But, he's not. I hope we get pictures of what he looks like in the box before the pre-order, but I am probably going to pass on him.

I would LOVE a new face mold for Alice! That's my one tiny complaint about the existing 17" doll ... Alice and QoH have Barbie doll faces, with different paint and eyelashes glued on. :p Snow, Tiana, and Rapunzel, all of whom were released before Alice (I believe), don't have that problem. (Maybe Snow a little, but her paint job captures the character.) I guess Disney didn't know how to morph Alice from a little girl to a woman wearing a poufy dress, so they just plunked on a Barbie head. That's part of why I really wish we would see a Heroes v Villains preview already--I'm dying to know what Alice looks like!

I think it was confirmed somewhere that the Alice LE 500 17" is using the Snow White face sculpt. I'm not sure about Queen of Hearts. Since the Queen of Hearts and Alice will both have new face molds for the Designer set I have wondered if they will re-make the 17" dolls. Alice would be a remake if there's no new outfit, even if the face would be different. Queen of hearts might be considered different as she'd look more like the cartoon but the outfit would be the same. I'm not sure if they would do that. BUT maybe they'd make a Platinum Collection set with the two of them in one box and a low edition size?

Is it just me or have passed LE doll prices been dropping recently? I've been watching auctions lately and this is the trend I've been noticing. I'm tempted to get LE purple Rapunzel so I'm thinking now might be my chance to get her at a lower than usual price but I don't know. I want to get LE Belle and Beast on Tuesday so I probably shouldn't spend so much all at the same time. Don't passed LE doll prices usually increase, if not skyrocket, following the release of a new LE doll?

AGHR I want a platinum doll preview picture like we got with aladdin and jasmine because my wallet is like nope and my heart is like yeas <3

gaston is a big fat no too me. I don't like many villians. I don't collect to buy them all. but the ones I love so bye bye. gaston.
Beast looks fancy and he is a perfect next to belle so I will also buy him.

really strange they split the doll releases in europa. not sure how to feel about it...

oh well, going to order belle in america and again in europa for my fellow collectors who couldn't manage to get one. because F*ck scalpers. and beast a week later. :D

Is it just me or have passed LE doll prices been dropping recently? I've been watching auctions lately and this is the trend I've been noticing. I'm tempted to get LE purple Rapunzel so I'm thinking now might be my chance to get her at a lower than usual price but I don't know. I want to get LE Belle and Beast on Tuesday so I probably shouldn't spend so much all at the same time. Don't passed LE doll prices usually increase, if not skyrocket, following the release of a new LE doll?
Yeah. I've noticed that with a few LE dolls I've had my eyes on.

I'm disappointed that Beast & Gaston are done in plastic! I'm just going with Belle as I will never own the first one. Although I am watching one ending on eBay. I can dream, right. LOL
Have noticed price drop.

I almost forgot that these dolls will be released this weekend... seems like there's less excitement this time around.

Soooo we are less than 24 hours now until the preorder release in store. Let the anxiety begin! How early does everyone plan on getting to their mall?

I'm not even getting the dolls and I'm anxious for everyone haha! It's gonna be one crazy Tuesday that's for sure. Those stores are going to be packed for both the new tsums and the new dolls.

Soooo we are less than 24 hours now until the preorder release in store. Let the anxiety begin! How early does everyone plan on getting to their mall?

I was just wondering that myself. I don't think my store normally is chaos, but I've never gone to a Doll release.

I was just wondering that myself. I don't think my store normally is chaos, but I've never gone to a Doll release.

It really does depend on the store and the interest in the release ... judging by Belle's popularity overall, I'd say you are better off erring on the side of "early and questioning why" than showing up too late. Doll release days are totally different from "normal" days. The last time I went (Frozen Fever/Anna & Kristoff designer set/Peter Pan tsum/Inside Out DVD pick-up), I got to my preferred doll location about 2.5 hours before opening and was 5th on line. They had 12 of each 17" doll so I was well in the comfortable zone, but there were people who turned up about 30 minutes before store opening who ogled the line (which had grown substantially by then) and made the "Oh, fudge" eyes.

If you CAN get there early, just take a bottle of water, a book if you're a reader, and make yourself as comfy as you can while you wait. You will be less stressed, even if you're bored, ha. Besides sparing yourself the concerns about shipping and box damage, etc, you will avoid the stress of "Is the website going to crap out on me?" I've seen people discussing this elsewhere, that the DS website has been a bit unreliable since the recent backend tinkering. Why deal with that IF you have the option of going to a store? Good luck!

If you CAN get there early, just take a bottle of water, a book if you're a reader, and make yourself as comfy as you can while you wait. You will be less stressed, even if you're bored, ha. Besides sparing yourself the concerns about shipping and box damage, etc, you will avoid the stress of "Is the website going to crap out on me?" I've seen people discussing this elsewhere, that the DS website has been a bit unreliable since the recent backend tinkering. Why deal with that IF you have the option of going to a store? Good luck!

Ugh! This is exactly why I hate that I just had to move out of the country before this doll release. The website has been bad lately, but Im hoping that they've fixed that. A lot of people online are saying that they are passing on Gaston, but most will be getting Beast to match with the Beast.

I gauging the website tonight when the Tsum Tsum's come out. Here's hoping for the best.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back