• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

DisneyStore Limited Edition 17" Dolls Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
DisneyStore Limited Edition 17" Dolls Discussion
That is his outfit, just from the wrong scene. I too would prefer his riding attire.

That Mattel doll looks amazing.

Oh wow... Where do I even begin with these?
Why does her face shine? She's not covered in snow... Why is it metallic? That doesn't make sense!

This. I couldn't figure out why I was so disappointed with the skin tone. The metallic shine is pretty horrible. And I don't like the low collar either.

Disney always goes a bit overboard with the gemstones!

Last edited:
Disney Store facebook has posted other pictures:
10631104_10152726787794530_1570973673005763429_o.jpg
1618167_10152726787799530_6667674997404131287_o.jpg
1780986_10152726787789530_3603420210141493454_o.jpg

This. I couldn't figure out why I was so disappointed with the skin tone. The metallic shine is pretty horrible. And I don't like the low collar either.

Disney always goes a bit overboard with the gemstones!

I just saw a different photo of Maleficent on Facebook and her skin doesn't look as shiny as it does in the Disney blog pic, so I am really hoping it is just the photo that is making her skin look so metallic.

I'd hope they release enough to the UK; desperate for blue Aurora. Unfortunately doesn't look promising as pink Aurora is only 500. :(

Not liking Maleficent or Phillip. Didn't plan on getting them in the first place and especially after seeing them I'm pretty sure I'll pass. Not interested in a blue Aurora either. For me Aurora is pink and don't feel like spending 120 USD on the same doll, just in a different color.

Disney Please Take My Money! Ill be getting all of them! Theyre all gorgeous! I hope Philips hair is better in the box. Loveeeeeeeeee Mal! and yay! blue Aurora! very happy since I have some extra money because the bf paid for the couples set :D

Last edited:
I don't want to sound like a jerk, but by Disney saying that the UK will get it on another day and after the fiasco of march anna and elsa, how many people from UK do you guys think will end up buying from the US store?

Absolutely must have the blue Aurora *o* she looks surprisingly even more stunning than the pink, even tho I always preferred her to be in the pink dress. I guess I'll have two Auroras then, and she's not even my favorite princess but my least favorite .. The doll is just that pretty!

But I expected something grand from Maleficent and I am disappointed as well as many of you are. ;( sadly not getting her, but the blue aurora instead then..

(I never cared for the prince LEs) (Unless it's gonna be Kristoff, we'll talk again :D)

Maleficent's face sculpt is basically identical to its classic doll.. So it's like a bigger doll with fancier outfit plus accessories.

thats basically all of the LE dolls. Giant fancier copies of their 12 inch counterparts.

Whaaaa? I'm so shocked at all the unhappiness in here. Honestly, these dolls look a.m.a.z.i.n.g!!!! I'm so in love. Philip? I seriously died and only came back to life because of Maleficent. I'd suggest clicking on the pics and looking at them in full resolution. I think the problem is we all have the perfect ideal doll in our heads before we see the final product and that's impossible to live up to.

But come one! These dolls are so gorgeous!!!

I totally agree. When I first seen Maleficent, I was really taken back by it at first too. But that is only because I have been anticipating her release for over a year now, so I had this grand design set up in my mind. But after looking at it for a little bit more, I love her now. And the blue Aurora looks fantastic as well. I am still personally not digging Phillip, but I never planned on getting him anyways so it doesn't bother me. And we all should know by now that the Disney Store dolls often look so much better in person and in their boxes.

So there doesn't seem to be a list of stores that will be getting them like there was for the Designer dolls. Do we need to call our stores to see if they will have them, or will they not know until like a day before or something?

A friend who looked at my screen said that Maleficent looks like a drag queen. XD Anyone else think they should have put velvet around her horns though?

Was one of my initial thoughts, too. Her head is too big, too. They should have gone with a more classical animation look and refine it somewhat. Certainly not the best depiction of her.

I seem to be in the minority here, but I actually really like Prince Phillip.

Ok, just a friendly reminder that the two aurora's are wearing different dresses. They're not exactly the same.
The difference is that the blue one has way more gems than the pink one. The blue one also has smaller upper layers of the skirt. It's like they split them in two. The top layer also seems to be velvet, when in the pink one it is not. And the embroidery on the rose is different between the two dresses. The blue one has the rose completely embroidered.

6070040901069-1
10631104_10152726787794530_1570973673005763429_o.jpg

I don't want to sound like a jerk, but by Disney saying that the UK will get it on another day and after the fiasco of march anna and elsa, how many people from UK do you guys think will end up buying from the US store?

Judging off of everything I have been reading on the Facebook groups, A LOT of overseas people attempt to order from the US first ever since the March fiasco.

I got so excited I didn't even notice the difference in the bottom panels (number/size, texture).lol The only thing that stood out to me was the significant increase in number of rhinestones going from pink to blue.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back