• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

DisneyStore Limited Edition 17" Dolls Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
DisneyStore Limited Edition 17" Dolls Discussion
I just came home from school and I checked the disney store blog, and when I saw blue aurora I was a bit mad. I don't like how they put more effort in the blue dress instead of the pink with more embroiderey and rhinestones. I like how she looks, but if I had known I wouldn't have bought pink aurora. I like how aurora has more pleats and rhinestones, bit I'm still kinda mad. Know I have to save up for blue aurora in the summer since I wanted a blue aurora from the start.:mad:

I just came home from school and I checked the disney store blog, and when I saw blue aurora I was a bit mad. I don't like how they put more effort in the blue dress instead of the pink with more embroiderey and rhinestones. I like how she looks, but if I had known I wouldn't have bought pink aurora. I like how aurora has more pleats and rhinestones, bit I'm still kinda mad. Know I have to save up for blue aurora in the summer since I wanted a blue aurora from the start.:mad:

I do agree that we should have gotten the option to get the blue or pink to begin with, but at least we have a blue dress version at all. Usually Disney likes to forget the blue dress in a lot of their merchandise, so I am glad we even got a blue dress to begin with. Still it sucks about your situation though :(. Can't you cancel your Disney Store order and get your money back so you can buy the blue variant?

Yeah, I keep hearing people complaining about the fact that they now have to spend more cause they pre-ordered the pink aurora.
Here are a couple of options that you can do:

1. You could call the disneystore and cancel your pink aurora pre-order.
2. You can sell the pink aurora for a reasonable price since people do still want her.

I do agree that we should have gotten the option to get the blue or pink to begin with, but at least we have a blue dress version at all. Usually Disney likes to forget the blue dress in a lot of their merchandise, so I am glad we even got a blue dress to begin with. Still it sucks about your situation though :(. Can't you cancel your Disney Store order and get your money back so you can buy the blue variant?

I dont know, my parents are convincing me that the pink is better since it looks more regal and simpler, while the blue one is over glammed and too distracting from the face. I'm still deciding since my favorite color is blue, I'll call today and ask if it's possible for an exchange but still undecided.

I just called, and they won't let me make an exchange since all sales are final, but that's okay. I'm cooling down on my anger, I still love the pink aurora, but I would have preferred blue. Oh well. My parents said that the blu aurora Dress was too distracting from the doll's actual beauty.

Hmm... I'm normally one who is all for just being grateful at any doll being released; I don't like criticising them. But... WHAT DID THEY DO TO PHILLIP'S FACE?! His hair looks better than Eric's, but holy moly, if I didn't know this was supposed to be Phillip, I'd have no idea who he is! I thought he was supposed to have like a skinny face? Ugh, it's just so wrong.
I really like Blue Aurora, but I can't justify paying $185 (inc shipping) for a doll that's almost identical in another colour to my preorder. I've always preferred Pink Aurora; but I think she looks nicer in the blue.
Maleficent... I am so grateful for the doll, I'm hoping she's a lot more gorgeous in person (and the close up of her face has me pretty happy with her), but I wish she looked more like the mattel doll.

Last edited:
Like being in the minority of loving all these dolls. Phillip's low LE number is freaking me out!!!

As far as Aurora, I'm not at all taken aback that Disney tried to take us all by surprise with the blue dress. I wasn't going to be getting it, and I didn't care. Until I saw it. That is a gorgeous shade of blue. So, yeah, I all ready have Aurora in pink on pre-order at my store, but now I'm going for the others! All ready took off work that day to ensure I could be at the store for opening.

I'm so happy with Aurora and Phillip! Maleficent would be fine if she didn't have that deep v-neck. I think I'm going to pass on her.

Time to put half of my Monster High collection up on ebay |:

I'm so glad that these are coming out a day before in the store! I'm actually thinking about going to one of my stores..
It's an hour and 15 minute drive and I have to take a toll road though lol.

I just called, and they won't let me make an exchange since all sales are final, but that's okay. I'm cooling down on my anger, I still love the pink aurora, but I would have preferred blue. Oh well. My parents said that the blu aurora Dress was too distracting from the doll's actual beauty.

Aw that stinks. But the pink dress Aurora is still gorgeous so at least you are getting one of them. I prefer her in blue myself, but I would be fine with either one of the dolls seeing they are both so pretty.

Ugh I'm so excited now, but I really hope I can get Maleficent in store. It will be my first time going for one in store, so I hope I can get her so I won't have to deal with the horrors of the Disney Store website.

Aw that stinks. But the pink dress Aurora is still gorgeous so at least you are getting one of them. I prefer her in blue myself, but I would be fine with either one of the dolls seeing they are both so pretty.

Ugh I'm so excited now, but I really hope I can get Maleficent in store. It will be my first time going for one in store, so I hope I can get her so I won't have to deal with the horrors of the Disney Store website.

I know, I still love pink aurora. I decided I will buy only ariel, cinderella, and blue aurora over the summer instead of my eleven long list of dolls. I will just have to wait until next summer.

Staying in for the day cause Im sick and having access to photoshop is not the best thing during a doll info release.
Enjoy!

15pfklw.jpg

Like being in the minority of loving all these dolls. Phillip's low LE number is freaking me out!!!

As far as Aurora, I'm not at all taken aback that Disney tried to take us all by surprise with the blue dress. I wasn't going to be getting it, and I didn't care. Until I saw it. That is a gorgeous shade of blue. So, yeah, I all ready have Aurora in pink on pre-order at my store, but now I'm going for the others! All ready took off work that day to ensure I could be at the store for opening.

Phillip's LE number is 3,500 isn't it? I'd say that's actually quite high :) . Eric last year was only 1,500 and Ursula was 2000. I'm not sure if I'm concerned with it being so much higher or not, but hopefully everyone gets the dolls they want without having to resort to ebay ^_^

As far as LE numbers go,

I think Maleficent will be the fastest to go.
Aurora is lag a bit since people already bought Pink Aurora and I've been hearing that Disney will actually not let you cancel the order or something like that.

Phillip will definitely last longer. Maybe an hour or two longer mainly because a lot of people seem to be set back cause of him.

As far as LE numbers go,

I think Maleficent will be the fastest to go.
Aurora is lag a bit since people already bought Pink Aurora and I've been hearing that Disney will actually not let you cancel the order or something like that.

Phillip will definitely last longer. Maybe an hour or two longer mainly because a lot of people seem to be set back cause of him.

I've cancelled limited edition doll orders before (I cancelled my order for Anna) but its probably too late now to cancel Aurora since she will be shipping out this week. If the images were released last week, people would have most likely been able to cancel the order. However, I could have just gotten lucky with cancelling my Anna order.

Don't get me wrong I love the Maleficent but she doesn't look complete. The dress is amazing but the V neckline is what makes it look odd. If they gave her some kind of pennant it would have been perfect. I'm still going to try and get it though because I'm weak :)

They could at least give the blue aurora blue eyeshadow to match her dress. If you were to undress both doll completely you wouldn't be able to tell which one is the blue one or pink one. And in my opinion, since the actual dolls themselves are exactly the same, it's like they just made 9000 aurora dolls, and put 4000 of them in blue dresses. It just takes away the value part imo. They can at least make them somewhat different, they could at least change her makeup to match her blue dress.But she still looks nice and I do plan on getting her over the summer, that's if evilbay wont charge an arm and a leg for Her just for being blue. Rant over.

Last edited:
I Can't believe they'd release the BLUE Aurora after the pre-release Pink doll. I think they should have made the LE size 6000 for a pre-order doll and made 3000 in pink and 3000 in blue. That would have been so much easier. So many of you Really wanted the blue, hopefully anyone who did order the pink can cancel if they want to.

ALSO - about the crystals on Aurora's sleeves. I was watching the video of the pink dress doll Disney had posted and in the video the doll does have crystals on her sleeves. The display dolls and other photos don't have them, so it looks like they were planning on doing that but changed it. Who knows.

Maleficent I'm not sure about - it's THE most wanted doll of the 17 inch line, but that v-neck dress... it doesn't work and its reminiscent of the live action movie (they definitely did that on purpose). But that's be my only complaint. I like the rest, the face is a little off. The horns might be smaller so she can fit in the box.

Phillip doesn't look like himself at all - but that costume and accessories are great. They really put some effort into that aspect. Their male heads have to be a little better with Aladdin coming up next year - his look cannot be "off" in any way. I would think them making the two 17 inch male dolls would be a lead-in to making Aladdin.

How quickly do you think Maleficent will sell? She is the one pretty much most of us were waiting for, but a lot of people seem to be mixed. Do you think that will affect how quickly she sells or do you think it wont matter? I am calling my Disney Store tomorrow to see if they will have them or not, so I can try to avoid ordering her online where I am sure the website will have plenty of problems due to the traffic.

Also, I think I may make a pendant or necklace of some kind to put on her so that way it can fix that V-neck problem. I think it looks nice personally and I don't think it will annoy me that much, but I do agree that it looks kind of awkward with nothing there.

Last edited:
I know, I noticed on the aurora doll video that the pink aurora had rhinestones on her cape, and it was a closeup, but when I saw pictures I thought I was going crazy and that I imagined the rhinestones. I wish they made pink aurora as pretty as blue aurora. And I mean more pleats and rhinestones on the cape.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back