• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

HAPPY EASTER, MR. JACK: A HALLOWEEN MURDER MYSTERY....The Game

HAPPY EASTER, MR. JACK: A HALLOWEEN MURDER MYSTERY....The Game
Soo do I wait to see if the dimwitted duo were correct with thier intel from the fates? The question wandered aimlessly through Hades head. That thought led to an even more sobering thought,
Had that stupid pirate jepordized everything by tampering with the easter decorations, even slightly, as was so vehemently stated was not to be done by our erstwhile killer? While uncle attitude there had stopped him from moving that egg was picking it up enough to cause the killer to strike again, or more dasterdly VOID the deal with Jack bonedome and mean the murders would increase dramatically? That bumbling fool Snooks man, whats his name, Knee.. He could have just caused the whole thing to begin to unwravel." Hades recalls Pain and Panic, a short moment later dual puffs of matching magenta and green smoke.
Boys, be on your toes tonite, I got a feelin tonite someone else is gonna be sleepin with da fishes,
Hades checks his Wombat, Scar has notified all to apprear by Dumbo and so he does, but not as usual.
Hades slowly fades to dark unnerving both P&P greatly! While a trait not very usefull in the underworld, the lord of the dead does have the ability to fade to the darkness that death represents to us all. A kind of black cloak of cover perse, one that neither Painc nor Pain liked due to its optimum darkness. Actually a fairly useless ability normally, but tonight it would allow him to follow the itty bitty kitty, unseen as long as he stayed in the darkness of both the night and the shadow.

Hades heads to Fantasyland, but in darkness to avoid detection and stands near the entrance to SWSA, listening and waiting for the rest as well as the erstwhile feline leader!!

*Scar arrives at Dumbo and looks around for the others. He thinks he sees something near Snow White's Scary Adventures, but quickly dismisses it as just the moonlight playing tricks with his mind. He secretly hopes they don't have to investigate that attraction. He hates the way the witch pops out at the end. Thankful that the park is now closed and guests have all left the park, Scar impatiently waits for the others. A flash of lightening strikes overhead. It seems that a storm is on it's way.*

scar2.jpg

After finishing a huge meal ariel is completely stuffed and is ready to have a quite, long night of sleep so she would be ready for the long day tomorrow. On her way back to the mansion she gets the text from Scar, "hmmm guess I wont be getting much sleep tonight..."

*Chessie had disappeared and left the Jungle Cruise, but he had chosen to remain invisible and walk the grounds of the park, hoping he could get a feel of the place without being disturbed by anyone. He had picked up something quick to eat and had enjoyed a simple, but undisturbed, dinner. He was considering heading back to get some rest when his phone rang, indicating a text from Scar, instructing everyone to report to Dumbo. The Cat promptly disappears and reappears at Dumbo, joining Scar and the detectives already at the attraction just as the lightning flashed in the background.*

After finally ending the call with Mama Odie (Ol' Ray had forgotten how long winded she can be at times . . and then she got off on a new gumbo recipe Tiana was helpin her with. . . ), Ray listened to Aurora's ghost tell of her fate. "Klunked's a tough way to go. . . Lost a few cousins thata way." Ray remarks sadly, thinkin of his lost kin.

After helping Ariel find what turned out to be a quarter, Ray settled himself down and found some sustenance. Just as he was about to bid his fair Evangeline good night, he received the text from Scar, directing him instead to Fantasyland. While being tired as a bug can be, Ray makes his way over to the Dumbo area as told - thinking about all that has happened thusfar. Lightning flashes in the background and causes Ray to be on edge, looking in the shadows just in case.

Tink as tired as she is flies over to join the rest of the detectives to hear what scar has to say this time. she knows how tired he is and the less sleep he gets the nastier he can be. she stays high up out of his reach when he gets there.

kevin didnt feel like eating with everyone so got an order of fruit and sat in a corner..

she saw the other detectives begin to leave one by one until she was the last there and though she better head to sleep.

on her way back to the haunted mansion she see's the other detectives stood around and so she runs to join them and at that same moment she recieves the text from scar which seemed pointless now.

Hearing that tonight's menu consists of.... "American BBQ" ... Anton clutches his stomach, and is delighted to miss a meal. Instead, he heads towards World Bazaar and watches gleefully as all the dreaded children leave the park. As many pass by in their strollers, eyes closed, and clutching onto a new Duffy Bear, he's glad they are in his favorite state at the moment. Silent.

CopyofMurderer.jpg

*As the other detectives begin to gather at Dumbo, Scar is doing a head count.*

"It seems we have lost a few of our fellow detectives....hmmm...I hope they haven't met the same fate as Aurora."

*Just then lightening flashes in the sky.*

"I know you all are all tired...I am also...as it is after midnight now. BUT we can't sleep yet. I may be mistaken, but it seems our killer has kept their promise and given Jack a second clue to the where abouts of Sally's head. Again finding Sally is not our priority, but it may get us closer to closing this case. The message was left in a book that Jack reads often, but I have no idea what it means."

*Scar then explains the title of the book and shows the note to the others. Everyone takes turns looking as they see three words.*

REPEAT BICARBONATE FISH

Rafiki hears the lightning and sees other detectives running towards Fantasyland. He follows eagerly to see what all the craze is about. After arriving, Rafiki hears the phrase Repeat Bicrbonate Fish and ponders to himself, again, while eating a mango.

"Hmmm BICARBONATE FISH?" says Ariel, "I think that I'm only familiar with normal fish, you now like flounder, guppies and so on."

As the last "lil kiddos" leaves, Anton turns, a smile on his face. Finally, no children. He receives a text to meet at Dumbo... always work to spoil a little enjoyment. He begins to make his way towards the castle.

*Chessie takes the piece of paper with the words REPEAT BICARBONATE FISH on it from Scar, makes a note of it, and passes it along. The Cat then studies it for a moment before commenting, thinkig more aloud than to anyone in particular.*

Chessie: 'Well, this either is a new recipe that one of the chefs has yet to try out ... in which case Anton might know about it, a new type of fish ... in which case, either Anton or Ariel might know about it ... or we've got a riddle that we need to solve first in order to figure out what the larger riddle is. It's obvious that this person likes playing games with us ... and apparently the immediate game we need to solve first might be a word game, possibly an anagram?'

*Chessie looks down at the note, checking to see if any words jump out at him that might make sense of where they need to go.*

Rafiki figures Repeat Bicarbonate Fish could be code, or a vague insult directed towards Ariel. Either way it lingers in the back of Rafiki's mind. "Perhaps if I eat another mango it'll exercise the brain," he thought.

Rafiki investigates the Fantasyland a bit more. He shakes his head at the 1950's Dumbo.

Timon had had his back to Scar and his voodoo magic, but when he turned around to see a ghost hovering in the air he went three shades of white in an instant. He did his best to listen, but he was to focused on the fact that the dead had come back….outside of the Haunted Mansion where he would expect it.

Watching everyone around him TImon begins to help searching for the weapon. He culms through bushes and peers around tree looking for the mystery item. He even looks down into a trash can unwilling to dig in. Timon was glad to avoid any diving in the water, and when it came time for food he decided it was best to head over to Adventure Land and chow down at the Fresh Fruit Oasis.

Fully satisfied Timon walks into the room at the Haunted Mansion, rubbing his stomach, just in time to hear the note read. He heads outside, peering around and hoping to spot the next step in this crazy mystery, pushing the visor of his costume out of the way every several minutes.

Timon stopped his skulking around as Scar read off the words, REPEAT BICARBONATE FISH. He paused, tapping his chin and slamming his finger in the visor in the process as it fell down in front of him. he pulled it out quickly, shaking it in pain and pushing up the visor once more so he could kiss it.

“Could it be a word jumble? Like could each word be another word entirely?”

His hand throbbing now he did his best to try to rearrange the words in his head.

Timon spent the next several minutes playing it out in his head, unable to find anything that made one lick of sense.

“I don’t know guys; I guess that ideas were a bust. I just can’t come up with anything out of ‘repeat bicarbonate fish’. Maybe it has something to do with a repeating fish tank? With bicarbonate?
He smiled and shrugged sheepishly, unsure of where to go next.

*Scar listens to all the the ideas and thinks that some of them sound pretty good.* " I think we need to take a closer look at all the letters here. Maybe I should have brought the book out with me...maybe the answer is in there....has anyone read it?"

OOC* Posting period is now closed and before I sleep I will do a count

OOC* We will get to Disney SEA..in fact sooner rather than later...but i will give everyone a little hand...this clue has nothing to do with TDS...just TDL

OOC2 A count has been done and two detectives have not made the count...remember there must be someone else between your posts for them to count...back to back posts only count as 1...hat draw coming soon.

Last edited:
OOC* I am off to bed tonight and tomorrow is my long day at work...I will do my best to keep things going from my phone. a new trivia will pop up sometime in the next 5 pages.

Hades moves out of Fantasyland towards POTC, he is still covered by the inky blackness of his "soul cloak" if you will, his inate ability to disappear in shadow. The LOD moves through the amusement area cautious of all around him. Especially the "fellow detectives" or whatever they wish to label themselves as!!
Hades notices that so far none of the other detectives is following him, and while he pauses to see as he departs, if any of the others have made the same deduction as he has, he reflects again.

"Isnt it ironic, that in life they fear and loathe me, yet in death they come to understand that their entire belief in me was wrong and NOW when they reach the River Styx and know nothing of what will happen beyond, now they NEED me, Methinks the bard mayhap have known mortals to well when he penned the lyric" Hades sneers under his breath.
The blue rude dude begins the trek through Castle grounds, he walks thru the central Hub area, View attachment 6854greatful the clouds are there to help with added shadows for him to manuver through the grounds with. Hades suddenly removes his cloak, almost with honor and respect as he stops before the partners statue in the Hub,View attachment 6851 and silently speaks to the the two souls represented there. After a pause, he again puts on the soul cloak, then moves on.
He walks to the right of the hub as he faces it, Past the Crystal Palace, and the Gazebo resturants. Along the path he smiles almost fully at the sight of the "sea serepent in grass" View attachment 6852and proceeds to the Parkside wagon. A vehicle stand reminding him of the ice cream bus near Everest in Animal Kingdom. It is there he pauses and summons his two left thumbs. Pain and Panic.
View attachment 6853
"Now boys I wants you to pay attention like I said tonite!!, There are two paths that lead to the POTC attraction, I want either one of you to guard both paths. To whit. One of you will guard one entrance pathway and da other will guard the other one got it? I dont care which one of you does which path, I never have asked about your personal lives, just make sure none of the other detectives gets by you for at least 15 minutes!! "
Hades points to each one very specifically as he speaks this next part.
"Absolutely no deaths! You can scare them, you can tease them, you can even make that disgusting noise with your armpits but no positively no deaths got it!!!
The duo reply with a simple, yet perfectly polite "yes sir"and each runs off to deter any of the others from foiling thier overlords plan, "Regardless of how inane it is " Pain quietly mutters to himself as he scampers away..

"I heard that!!............... See even my minions dont respect me!!""

Hades stops before the POTC and admires the entrance,
Now thats a front door!!he smirks to himself, not as gloomy as he liked but flashy you had to give it that, kinda like the Boom shaka laka club in Purgatory!!View attachment 6855

Last edited:
Back