• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

Here We Go Again: Frozen Doll Disaster, Round 2?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Here We Go Again: Frozen Doll Disaster, Round 2?

Addicted to Alice Pins

Just here for the DMI codes; y'all have gone cray
Rating - 100%
122   0   0
I'm starting this thread purely to vent my anxieties, but as the week goes on, if anyone needs/wants to join in, please feel free. (I hope not, though.)

I should be THRILLED because I received two shipping confirmations on my LE 17" Anna and Elsa dolls, right? One email had a tracking # for Anna and a separate tracking # for Elsa. The second email had the tracking # for Elsa only (same # as other message).

HOWEVER ... The tracking # for Anna indicates she is "In Transit" and will arrive on Tuesday. Yay! But the tracking # for Elsa *STILL* just says "Shipping label created." The two tracking #s are linked in the UPS system as "Number of packages in this shipment: 2"; one indicates that Anna is 4.7 lbs and the other indicates that Elsa is 4.4 lbs. Which implies that there are, indeed, two packages in the shipment. SO WHY HASN'T ELSA'S TRACKING # UPDATED?????

I'm kind of bugging out because I have this terrible feeling that the warehouse has screwed up again (like with the last set of Frozen dolls) and that while Anna is truly in transit, Elsa is sitting in the warehouse somewhere, unshipped and possibly never to be seen. Like, they created the label for Anna and handed her off to UPS, and then they created the label for Elsa but never actually slapped it on the box and gave it to UPS.

OK, that's pretty much all I have to say, aside from "Disney is going to get a phone call DAILY if Elsa doesn't show up or her tracking # doesn't update SOON."

I'm not sure that I'd worry just yet. I just checked my tracking numbers, and I have the exact same statuses, weights, etc... Anna will be here Wednesday, her tracking is updated. Elsa says Shipping Label Created. I'll check on it tomorrow, but with it being Sunday and all, nothing would have been updated today.

Good luck!! I'm sure everything will work out!!

EDIT: Sorry, I just double checked Elsa. It says "ORDER PROCESSED: READY FOR UPS" and then in smaller print underneath it says, "A shipping label has been created. Once the shipment arrives at our facility, the tracking status - including the scheduled delivery date - will be updated."

Last edited:
Thanks, J'aime! It makes me feel a little better to know that someone else's says the same thing ... as long as that doesn't mean they've screwed up everyone's. :p I think if I didn't know about the issues from the last doll release, I probably wouldn't be as edgy as I am. <practices calming breaths>

Good luck as well; LMK if you get any status update on yours as the week progresses!

Did you order both dolls in the same order?

If so then it is very likely that UPS is just scanning one tracking number which is why Anna is in Transit but Elsa is not. This happens with the Designer Doll preorders wherein you are provided a tracking number for the dolls and a separate one for the designer bags. The tracking number for the designer bags never actually update but when you receive the package the bags are actually in the same box as the designer dolls hence why the tracking could not be scanned.

So it is likely that this the case for your order.

The other option is that Anna made it on the last shipment as Disney has to deliver these packages to UPS but because of the weekend Elsa wont get handed to UPS until Monday. So there is also the possibility that it will update on Monday.

Either way it sounds like your dolls are on their way to you it is just a matter of when you should expect to get Elsa either on Tuesday with Anna or later in the week.

This does happen a lot and has happened to several other people most of whom ordered the dolls in the same order rather than separate orders.

Last edited:
Thanks, J'aime! It makes me feel a little better to know that someone else's says the same thing ... as long as that doesn't mean they've screwed up everyone's. :p I think if I didn't know about the issues from the last doll release, I probably wouldn't be as edgy as I am. <practices calming breaths>

Good luck as well; LMK if you get any status update on yours as the week progresses!

:hug: EVERYTHING WILL BE GOOD!! We'll have our dolls soon enough! I'll keep you posted if anything wacky happens, but I think the hard part is over, and now we just have to waaait!! (My least favorite part.)

If so then it is very likely that UPS is just scanning one tracking number which is why Anna is in Transit but Elsa is not. This happens with the Designer Doll preorders wherein you are provided a tracking number for the dolls and a separate one for the designer bags. The tracking number for the designer bags never actually update but when you receive the package the bags are actually in the same box as the designer dolls hence why the tracking could not be scanned.

So in the case of two 17" dolls like this, if this is indeed the scenario where it's one "functioning" tracking number for two dolls, would they come in one big box or two separate boxes? For the November dolls, I only got Elsa online (we lost Anna online in an "add to cart" fiasco), we got Anna thanks to some wonderful family who were at their store. So I've never gotten two LE dolls in one shipment like this before.

Ah, I knew Polaris would have words of wisdom! Yes, they were in the same order (I had multiple tabs open and put them in my bag simultaneously, as I didn't want to waste any time) and yes, as you can probably tell, I have never ever ordered LE dolls at 3 am before. :p If this is fairly standard, I will suspend my freaking out. I was a little worried that having them in the same order would be a problem (as in, if they were part of the same order but shipped individually, there was room for human error at the warehouse). I'm glad I started this thread because you all are making me feel better!!!

So in the case of two 17" dolls like this, if this is indeed the scenario where it's one "functioning" tracking number for two dolls, would they come in one big box or two separate boxes? For the November dolls, I only got Elsa online (we lost Anna online in an "add to cart" fiasco), we got Anna thanks to some wonderful family who were at their store. So I've never gotten two LE dolls in one shipment like this before.

Yeah, I'd love to know the answer to this (Polaris implies it). I guess part of my freaking out was that, based on past comments from people that their dolls had been banged up in transit, I was picturing Anna in her shipper box with a label slapped on it and Elsa in her shipper box with a label slapped on it ... in other words, two totally separate packages. Hence the ease with which one could get left behind (in my feverish nightmares). If they're packaged together a bigger box, well, yeah, that explains why both tracking #s aren't updating.

The funny thing is that usually they do come in two separate boxes. So no matter if you order them in separate orders or in the same one it usually gets to you the same way with both dolls having their own separate boxes. But this time around it does look like they are shipping both dolls together so who knows we could possibly be getting both dolls boxed together. Either way I would give it until Monday, hopefully they will both update as it does sound like everything is going smoothly so far, other than the tracking numbers not updating.

Ah, I knew Polaris would have words of wisdom! Yes, they were in the same order (I had multiple tabs open and put them in my bag simultaneously, as I didn't want to waste any time) and yes, as you can probably tell, I have never ever ordered LE dolls at 3 am before. :p If this is fairly standard, I will suspend my freaking out. I was a little worried that having them in the same order would be a problem (as in, if they were part of the same order but shipped individually, there was room for human error at the warehouse). I'm glad I started this thread because you all are making me feel better!!!

Haha lol the freaking out bit is understandable as I would be the same too but hopefully it will update by Monday if not then just wait until it gets to you on Tuesday and hopefully both dolls will be there. The annoying thing is that even if you were to call up Disney about it then wouldn't be able to do anything about it as you have to wait a week after they send you the blast off email before they will start investigating the problem. Even with that they don't investigate it, they just try giving you a refund.

The funny thing is that usually they do come in two separate boxes. So no matter if you order them in separate orders or in the same one it usually gets to you the same way with both dolls having their own separate boxes. But this time around it does look like they are shipping both dolls together so who knows we could possibly be getting both dolls boxed together. Either way I would give it until Monday, hopefully they will both update as it does sound like everything is going smoothly so far, other than the tracking numbers not updating.

Sweet! Thanks. I'm not really worried so far, the tracking numbers JUST hit my inbox on Friday. I've been lucky enough (knock on wood!) in my years of ordering from DisneyStore.com to not have any problems personally, but I know a lot of people who have. So I'm just gonna hang tight and eagerly await welcoming my two new dolls home. I'm sure everything is going swimmingly!

I'm starting this thread purely to vent my anxieties, but as the week goes on, if anyone needs/wants to join in, please feel free. (I hope not, though.)

I should be THRILLED because I received two shipping confirmations on my LE 17" Anna and Elsa dolls, right? One email had a tracking # for Anna and a separate tracking # for Elsa. The second email had the tracking # for Elsa only (same # as other message).

HOWEVER ... The tracking # for Anna indicates she is "In Transit" and will arrive on Tuesday. Yay! But the tracking # for Elsa *STILL* just says "Shipping label created." The two tracking #s are linked in the UPS system as "Number of packages in this shipment: 2"; one indicates that Anna is 4.7 lbs and the other indicates that Elsa is 4.4 lbs. Which implies that there are, indeed, two packages in the shipment. SO WHY HASN'T ELSA'S TRACKING # UPDATED?????

I'm kind of bugging out because I have this terrible feeling that the warehouse has screwed up again (like with the last set of Frozen dolls) and that while Anna is truly in transit, Elsa is sitting in the warehouse somewhere, unshipped and possibly never to be seen. Like, they created the label for Anna and handed her off to UPS, and then they created the label for Elsa but never actually slapped it on the box and gave it to UPS.

OK, that's pretty much all I have to say, aside from "Disney is going to get a phone call DAILY if Elsa doesn't show up or her tracking # doesn't update SOON."

I really like Disney's merchandise but their online shipping department in the US is atrocious. My pre-ordered Frozen DVD with the lithographs is currently "lost." I called customer service yesterday and they said it was shipped several days ago but they don't know where it is. It will probably show up eventually, but at least if it doesn't, I know they can send me another DVD (without lithographs probably) -- but it's not like you can get another LE doll. I am glad I preordered my Frozen dolls at a physical store. I am nervous enough as it is, I think I'd have a breakdown waiting until the dolls got to my house from their online shipping department!

I have gotten really annoyed with the way Disney doesn't package their items with much care and their boxes always arriving practically in pieces. I've had packages forwarded from the UK store and their boxes seem sturdier and better protected. I'd ordered an extra set of the fairy designer dolls and one of them arrived very damaged. Luckily, I got the extra set to debox so it didn't bother me too much. Well that that is the end of MY rant! :)

But really though, I wouldn't worry too much just yet. Your Elsa is more than likely to arrive. Good luck!

I've found this happens a lot with other items as well. I've ordered several items together and for some reason my email only shows the tracking for one item as if only one item has shipped but everything always arrives in one box. So that is more than likely what is happening with the tracking for the dolls. :)

Last edited:
Yes, Disney leaves a lot to be desired when it comes to shipping online orders (in the US, at least). Last summer, I ordered the Mad Tea Party ear hat ornament (shocking, right?) along with an outfit for my honorary niece. Well, they just chucked both in a box and sent it, and of course the ornament banged around in the box and arrived with one of the rings that formed the "ears" broken off. Needless to say, they got an earful and I got a replacement. But again, it was easily replaceable.

But thank you all for your input. I will be able to sleep for a few nights until I see what does or does not arrive on Tuesday. Community at its best! And good luck to all our UK/EU friends who will be ordering their dolls this week!!!

Well my tracking number for Anna comes up as not found (it says shipping via USPS and DS.com gives me looks like a USPS DC #) but DS.com typically ships UPS Mail Innovations-Innoventions-whatever it is called which is UPS ground part of the way and USPS the rest (to PO Box).

And no tracking # for Elsa. DS.com says internal email sent and give it 2-3 business days so I will call them again Tuesday for Elsa and tomorrow for Anna.

This is so typical of Disney, I can't even tell you how many times my packages with the items inside would come damaged or it was the wrong items. The last time it happened where they must have sent me someone else's package and mine to someone else, or not at shipped at all, it was well over $200 worth of merchandise, including a Designer doll and after half a dozen conversations with different people each time, they did nothing. Now that they don't really sell pins I don't order from them very often, which is a good thing, if a multi-billion dollar company is willing to cheat someone out of $200, then I want as little contact with them as possible.

So, question. You all pre-ordered the dolls, will there be a day of release? Or did they sell all of them as a pre-order?

Yes, Disney leaves a lot to be desired when it comes to shipping online orders (in the US, at least). Last summer, I ordered the Mad Tea Party ear hat ornament (shocking, right?) along with an outfit for my honorary niece. Well, they just chucked both in a box and sent it, and of course the ornament banged around in the box and arrived with one of the rings that formed the "ears" broken off. Needless to say, they got an earful and I got a replacement. But again, it was easily replaceable.

But thank you all for your input. I will be able to sleep for a few nights until I see what does or does not arrive on Tuesday. Community at its best! And good luck to all our UK/EU friends who will be ordering their dolls this week!!!

Well my tracking number for Anna comes up as not found (it says shipping via USPS and DS.com gives me looks like a USPS DC #) but DS.com typically ships UPS Mail Innovations-Innoventions-whatever it is called which is UPS ground part of the way and USPS the rest (to PO Box).

And no tracking # for Elsa. DS.com says internal email sent and give it 2-3 business days so I will call them again Tuesday for Elsa and tomorrow for Anna.

Ugh, Li, crossing my fingers for you! Although with Anna, at least, if you have a USPS-type # and it hasn't reached the USPS system yet (since it starts with UPS), hopefully that is the only reason it's "not found" right now. I hope Elsa ships soon for you ... You went through more than enough last time.

Does anyone know what order they ship in? I would have assumed according to what time you placed your order, since that just makes sense. But the other day on Facebook, the girl who POSTED THE LINKS THAT I USED to get my dolls was saying that she hadn't gotten any shipment confirmation emails yet, and I thought that was weird because I'd gotten mine. I mean, she presumably placed her order(s) before she posted the links for others to use ... Weirdness abounds.

So, question. You all pre-ordered the dolls, will there be a day of release? Or did they sell all of them as a pre-order?

The release day is Tuesday (March 18th), but in the US they were sold as pre-orders and therefore sold out already. (The preorder date was January 10th.) In the UK, the dolls were NOT available for pre-order and will be released for sale on Tuesday. I know you don't use DS.com often (and I don't blame you) but the best you could hope for would be to check the site starting at midnight (Pacific time) on Tuesday (ie, overnight from Monday) to see if any of the dolls are released for sale due to someone who preordered having insufficient funds when Disney processed the order last Friday.

The dolls are expected to be released on March 18. So the release date really applies moreso to those that preordered them in store. Because that is the day that the person will be able to go in store to pick up their preordered doll.

Those that ordered online it will depend on where you live. They processed all the orders late last week Friday/Saturday and shipped them out then. Therefore depending on where you live you would expect the dolls to get to you sometime between Monday to Friday of the following week. In some cases longer for those that live overseas.

So technically the dolls are being released on March 18. However you were only able to buy them back on Jan 10 when the pre-orders opened, there will not be any dolls available for sale in the continent of North America come March 18 as they have technically sold out since all of the preorders have been allocated to people who purchase the pre-order.

Hope this answers your question!

When I ordered my November set online, my Elsa didn't update anything until the day she arrived. I freaked out the entire time. Its totally understandable. I will be crossing my fingers for everyone.

Does anyone know what order they ship in? I would have assumed according to what time you placed your order, since that just makes sense.

I think the orders are just processed at random? I am assuming that those orders placed earlier will be processed first but there is no real actual order as I did notice that some people who placed their orders later had their orders processed earlier than others that ordered before them. At one point I thought that maybe they were shipping based on location as they had all these orders shipped out on the east coast followed by those on the west but even that was not consistent. So I really don't think there is much of an order.

If there was I would say it would be based on the order number and the location of where the item is to be delivered e.g domestic/international as I do know that orders that have delivery addresses overseas are usually handled near the end due to the extra work required to ship those items out.

The dolls are expected to be released on March 18. So the release date really applies moreso to those that preordered them in store. Because that is the day that the person will be able to go in store to pick up their preordered doll.

Actually, not-so-fun fact: People have posted on FB saying their stores (in certain areas, NOT ALL) have already called to tell them that their dolls won't be available for pick-up Tuesday due to weather-related shipping delays. So even THAT isn't foolproof (although you are guaranteed to receive your dolls sooner or later). I'm tellin' ya, it's a good thing we're all addicted to these fancy toys because WHO IS HAVING FUN HERE???? ;-)

Actually, not-so-fun fact: People have posted on FB saying their stores (in certain areas, NOT ALL) have already called to tell them that their dolls won't be available for pick-up Tuesday due to weather-related shipping delays. So even THAT isn't foolproof (although you are guaranteed to receive your dolls sooner or later). I'm tellin' ya, it's a good thing we're all addicted to these fancy toys because WHO IS HAVING FUN HERE???? ;-)

Haha yes that is true. I did hear about that too. The dolls were expected to be released March 18 but due to shipment issues some stores have had issues getting the stock in before then. That being said that is just poor planning by Disney. If they knew that the weather has been bad they should really have taken that into account. Then again the weather forecast is not always accurate so this could have been something out of Disney's control. Either way im sure that people wont have to wait too long to pick up their dolls in store.

Haha collecting is a lot of fun especially when you get the dolls but yes I do agree the waiting to receive the dolls and the anticipation of a looming release can make things very nerve wracking!

Haha collecting is a lot of fun especially when you get the dolls but yes I do agree the waiting to receive the dolls and the anticipation of a looming release can make things very nerve wracking!

Yeesh, I'm going to be exhausted by the time they get around to surprise-releasing a LE 17" Oaken! :p (I jest, but seriously? I would throw down for that!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back