• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

Here We Go Again: Frozen Doll Disaster, Round 2?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Here We Go Again: Frozen Doll Disaster, Round 2?
We'll. I'm 100% sure the Elsa doll I ordered is lost. It's been in processing since Friday. You'd think that it would update by today. But no.

^ I'm starting to think my Anna is lost too. Mine has been in "label created" status since Friday. I called the Disney Store last night and they told me they would investigate it. They said to call back Thursday if the tracking info hasn't been updated.

That's bull. I'm sorry. The same thing happened with designer Ariel 3 years ago. "Wait and call later"... Call them a few days later they say "sorry, we'll refund you your money".

I know. I'm really hoping that they're just backlogged with dolls and that she'll be shipped out soon. I don't want to have to resort to getting her off ebay, when I was able to buy the doll for $100.

Well.. The representative's "fairy godmother" said that I shouldn't worry, when I called yesterday.

My Elsa is still in the label created process too, so I wouldn't panic if yours is too because it seems like a lot of people's are. My November dolls status on their website didn't update until the day they arrived at my house, and I was a nervous wreck that whole week!

I will be keeping my fingers crossed for everyone, hopefully all your packages get sorted out soon!

I am in the same boat. Just got my blast off email last night and no updates yet. Just that my shipping label has been created.

I think everyone will be fine though, I like to think that even though were not getting updates the doll is still progressing towards me. That the Disney Store has created the label in a city close to me, and when UPS does get it, they won't take that long to get to my door.

Though it may take a but longer than we'd like (and we will worry until they actually arrive :p), I'm sure all who ordered them will get there doll(s). :hs:

You guys have all made me feel better, that I'm not the only one having this problem. I'm sure everything is okay now. They're probably waiting to get a lot of dolls together and take it down to UPS in one really large shipment!! My fingers are crossed that everyone's status updates soon!!

I am so sad :( Today was the release online for UK and other countries in Europe. I only wanted Elsa but the UK site was down *again* and I missed out on her :cry: First I missed the dolls in November and now again

My Anna came today, but not Elsa. Elsa's tracking never updated, and when I called Disney, the cast member said that Elsa was scheduled to be delivered with Anna. How does one doll's tracking update the whole time, but not the other one? I have a feeling I won't be getting her. :( I only started collecting last year, but it seems that this doll release is having a whole lot more problems than past releases.

First, to everyone in the UK (and elsewhere in Europe who were relying on the UK site), I am SO SORRY about what happened to you guys. That is definitely the worst of the worst.

Second, I completely sympathize with everyone who is freaked out by the "Shipping Label Created" message. Until mine changed, I was having a hairy fit (hence this thread). I would still monitor the situation daily and call repeatedly (it might not get you anywhere at first, but heaven forbid something DOES go wrong, you want to be among the first on the list for any replacements that might be available). BUT, given the volume of packages we're talking about, it really does seem that in most cases, DS is just slow/maybe slightly disorganized about how they are shipping. Polaris and Shivatopia, who are among the most knowledgeable people on this forum about these things, both offered explanations for some of the process in earlier posts. Me, I have a logical brain and I picture a neat little assembly line where DS processes each order in a (ha) orderly fashion. Like, grab my Anna, grab my Elsa, package/label both of them, and hand over to UPS. Then move on to the next order. But it seems a bit more random than that, I guess in part because the items do NOT usually get shipped together in one package (the way lots of smaller items in an order would be packaged in a single box for shipment). My Anna and Elsa were part of the same order and did not make it out of the warehouse to UPS in the same batch. That's clearly true for others as well.

So hang in there! Keep the faith, but at the same time ... Stalk stalk stalk Customer Service if you feel you need to. If they try to fob you off with a refund, protest. Tell them flat-out that the "refund" will hardly make a dent in the replacement you'll have to get from eBay if DS doesn't get your doll to you! :p

My Anna came today, but not Elsa. Elsa's tracking never updated, and when I called Disney, the cast member said that Elsa was scheduled to be delivered with Anna. How does one doll's tracking update the whole time, but not the other one? I have a feeling I won't be getting her. :( I only started collecting last year, but it seems that this doll release is having a whole lot more problems than past releases.

:( I read the threads from November and it sounds like those were even worse.

:( I read the threads from November and it sounds like those were even worse.

:sad: I got lucky with my November dolls. No issues with anything. I would have been so mad if I had problems with those, considering their price on the secondary market now.

It's hard to talk to customer service when you have to wait 20 minutes to talk to someone.

Yikes! But that alone tells you how many people are calling, most likely about their Frozen dolls. Before this is done, Disney is going to rue the day one of their product development people said, "You know what would sell like hotcakes? Limited Edition 17" dolls!"

From my experience, they never ship them together. When I ordered my November ones, they arrived seperately on different days along with some other things I ordered. The CS person likely has no idea what they're talking about, they're hired solely to talk on the phones and don't actually work in the warehouses themselves. It's likely they are in two entirely different locations and they've never even been to the warehouses.

Well, now the saga continues. I called today to find out what's going on with Elsa (no tracking #), they saw the notes that one had been requested and it hasn't been provided. So, an investigation has been opened into both Anna and Elsa (separate orders were placed after last November's fiasco) for my dolls.

From my experience, they never ship them together. When I ordered my November ones, they arrived seperately on different days along with some other things I ordered. The CS person likely has no idea what they're talking about, they're hired solely to talk on the phones and don't actually work in the warehouses themselves. It's likely they are in two entirely different locations and they've never even been to the warehouses.

My November ones came on the same day, and had the same tracking number, so I figured it would be the same this time around. Guess every order is different.

My November ones came on the same day, and had the same tracking number, so I figured it would be the same this time around. Guess every order is different.
I guess so, I wish they would ship them together. Everyone else is starting to make me get scared because my Elsa hasn't updated yet but my Anna is scheduled to be delivered tomorrow.

My November dolls were ordered together and only Anna came. I called Disney every day once I heard that most everyone else's dolls were shipped separately. DS.com representative said that they were shipped together (but somehow only weighed less than 5 pounds together). So, I was told to wait til they came in. Anna came in, I had my parents pick it up and open the box and tell me which doll was in there (I asked for hair color) and once they confirmed red hair not silvery/blonde, I was on the phone with DS.com where they had miraculously set aside an Elsa for me (after one of my phone calls) and that got shipped out a week later.

It was a mess!

I guess so, I wish they would ship them together. Everyone else is starting to make me get scared because my Elsa hasn't updated yet but my Anna is scheduled to be delivered tomorrow.

Agreed. It would make things so much easier. I'm actually feeling a bit better. This seems to have happened to way too many people, I feel like there must be a bunch hanging out in the warehouse that just need to be updated and shipped. Fingers crossed!

Okay, now I'm scared again. I just read someone's post on one of the Facebook doll pages that Disney oversold the Anna dolls and are starting to cancel people's orders. If mine is one of the ones cancelled and they can't contact me to tell me that, I will be fuming. But I feel like so many people are in this situation that it has to just be that Disney has to send the packages to UPS. Regardless, I'm really worried I'm not going to get my doll and have to resort to Ebay prices.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back