• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

Here We Go Again: Frozen Doll Disaster, Round 2?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Here We Go Again: Frozen Doll Disaster, Round 2?
I'm tellin' ya, it's a good thing we're all addicted to these fancy toys because WHO IS HAVING FUN HERE???? ;-)

Haha, I had to laugh at this because I was just telling my boyfriend that I almost wish I'd never heard about these dolls and was living in complete ignorant bliss! I stress that the dolls I get at the store will be okay and I stress about if I will be able to get all the past doll releases I want! I can't believe I worry so much over dolls! LOL

Fingers crossed for everyone that the orders process and ship with as few hiccups as possible! Polaris is correct that since the warehouse did not start processing the shipments until Friday afternoon (local Tennessee time in the USA), I'm sure not all of the dolls have made it over to be scanned by UPS yet. As each LE doll has her own shipper box, we're talking thousands of boxes to transport and scan, so definitely give it another day. :)

From what I understand, they print the labels out en masse, which triggers the blast off e-mails that we get, but then they have to take the label, put it on the shipper box, attach the DS packing slip to the box, send it off to UPS, who then scans and sorts them before shipping them out. I'm sure there might be even more steps than that, but it is easy for us to forget that the process of shipping is a less-than-magical procedure.

Ooooh ooooh ooooh!! Just got out of a meeting and checked my tracking #s: Elsa's has finally updated! She is scheduled to be here on Wednesday (day after Anna, but who cares as long as she gets here?)! Phew!

Your points, Shivatopia, are very valid but it's that kind of thing that makes me nervous! When you have that many labels and you mass-print them, I see lots of room for error and/or boxes to be overlooked. (As in, the computer system would say the label was printed and DS would consider themselves "done" with the order, but if that label doesn't get slapped on a box by a human being, well, what good is it???)

SO RELIEVED. Now, as long as the UPS folks treat them like the royalty they are (my local driver is awesome, so I trust him not to throw them around) and they arrive undamaged, I can rest easy.

Well................ In Canada ....Disney automatically charges $50 to ship any item no matter the size on top of the price. Our Canadian dollar has taken a hit so it is more like $72 to ship an item. I am not trying to whine or complain just state a fact for us Canadians who enjoy Disney products. I have been trying since November and again in January to get my daughter the Frozen dolls however they sold out so fast I was not able to get my hands on a set. However I see / hear of many people who ended up with 2 sets. Very lucky families and I wish them the best. Should anyone know of someone selling the dolls for a reasonable price please let me know. Unfortunately, I am in no position to pay these prices that people are asking. Enjoy your precious dolls ....Cheers!

Ooooh ooooh ooooh!! Just got out of a meeting and checked my tracking #s: Elsa's has finally updated! She is scheduled to be here on Wednesday (day after Anna, but who cares as long as she gets here?)! Phew!

Your points, Shivatopia, are very valid but it's that kind of thing that makes me nervous! When you have that many labels and you mass-print them, I see lots of room for error and/or boxes to be overlooked. (As in, the computer system would say the label was printed and DS would consider themselves "done" with the order, but if that label doesn't get slapped on a box by a human being, well, what good is it???)

SO RELIEVED. Now, as long as the UPS folks treat them like the royalty they are (my local driver is awesome, so I trust him not to throw them around) and they arrive undamaged, I can rest easy.

Very true... Until they literally arrive at our doorsteps, we are unfortunately not completely out of the woods yet, so to speak. It's now in UPS' hands. Sadly, the errors that you mentioned at the warehouse have happened, especially with the November LE dolls, and it was a really hot mess all around. But those types of situations never "left" the warehouse as UPS never scanned them into their system. I assume the printed label got lost at the warehouse for those unfortunate consumers. :( But your dolls have now scanned, so they are on track! Fingers crossed for the remainder of their journey!

Yay!! Just crawled back to my desk after teaching/fighting the most disgusting cold all day. Checked my numbers - Anna just LEFT Memphis, Elsa just ARRIVED at Memphis! Anna will arrive on Wednesday, Elsa on Thursday. So they aren't in a big box together, they're moving separately, but I'm just really happy to see that they're on their way! Can't wait!!

Good luck to everyone else, too! I hope the tracking numbers are kind to you!!

called DS.com, they said to call back Wednesday if tracking number still shows up as not found. :p

For someone who is as awesome about helping others as you are, Li, you have the worst luck when it comes to these dolls! But it sounds like they are still processing orders, so don't lose heart yet. (I mean, stalk DS Customer Service obsessively, but don't lose heart. :p) I still say, having gotten packages through UPS Mail Innovations, those tracking #s do nothing for the longest time and then the day the package is being delivered to your house (or in your case, PO Box), suddenly it's a hotbed of activity.

Yay!! Just crawled back to my desk after teaching/fighting the most disgusting cold all day. Checked my numbers - Anna just LEFT Memphis, Elsa just ARRIVED at Memphis! Anna will arrive on Wednesday, Elsa on Thursday. So they aren't in a big box together, they're moving separately, but I'm just really happy to see that they're on their way! Can't wait!!

Good luck to everyone else, too! I hope the tracking numbers are kind to you!!

<Virtual fist-bump> Sweet! Thanks again for being the first person to talk me down from the ledge. :p And feel much better soon!

called DS.com, they said to call back Wednesday if tracking number still shows up as not found. :p

Sorry to hear that Li, so when you enter your tracking details they still do not work? Not even giving you the label has been created and is awaiting delivery? When did you get your tracking details? Because if it has been more than 3 days you can actually contact UPS and they can see what is going on at their end. If they tell you nothing has been received yet then you have stronger case to go back to Disney telling them you contacted UPS and that they have a 3 day policy wherein if the label does not change status after three days then they are required to investigate it. Which means that Disney will need to follow it up on their end.

Good luck! I am really hoping that you get your dolls. Surely Disney could not have stuffed it up this badly that both the labels for your dolls have gone missing!

My Anna doll was shipped out (although I did not get a blastoff email) and I think the UPS site was being a bit silly. It currently says it's on schedule to be delivered Monday March 17th by 2pm. Although it apparently left Tennessee at 9:16pm and then was processing for brokerage and waiting for clearance at 9:30pm. I don't know how that's on schedule, but whatever, as long as she was sent!

reading all of these shipping errors makes me nervous when it comes to pre ordering a LE doll from Disney store.com Maleficent will be my first po frpm ds.com when it comes to a LE doll. hope all goes well for me and everyone when it comes to getting the dolls

reading all of these shipping errors makes me nervous when it comes to pre ordering a LE doll from Disney store.com Maleficent will be my first po frpm ds.com when it comes to a LE doll. hope all goes well for me and everyone when it comes to getting the dolls

I wouldn't worry about it too much :) I've been ordering the dolls since 2011 and all of my orders have been online. No problems yet for me *knocks on wood* I think if you're really worried about it you could try ordering in store, but yeah, I feel like worrying about it too much isn't good, there's not much you can do about it other than keep an eye out on your order and contact Disney if things aren't on time

I know this may sound a bit off topic. but for what it's worth Be happy if or if you don't get the dolls (which I am sure you will just sayin')
At least you had a chance at pre ordering them. I was not aware of this set at the time and know one told me.

I do like that elsa is in something else other then her signature blue though,

My Elsa returned to the US!? She arrived in Osaka, Japan yesterday and now she's in Louisville!!!

Something happen in customs then?
Don't think so. They were all set to arrive today all of them, suddenly Elsa is back in the US and it says the other packages are waiting. Now the arrival is pushed to Thursday - what are they doing?!

Don't think so. They were all set to arrive today all of them, suddenly Elsa is back in the US and it says the other packages are waiting. Now the arrival is pushed to Thursday - what are they doing?!

Obviously she must not have traveled with her passport :lol:

Li any update on your dolls and the tracking?

Nope, no updates at all. Tracking # still shows up as "not found" (because they gave me the USPS tracking # and not the UPS tracking #) for Anna and no tracking # for Elsa. I called yesterday and they said to wait until Wednesday because it takes 2-3 business days to "update." UGH. I don't think I'm waiting that long, I will call again this afternoon

Sorry to hear that Li, so when you enter your tracking details they still do not work? Not even giving you the label has been created and is awaiting delivery? When did you get your tracking details? Because if it has been more than 3 days you can actually contact UPS and they can see what is going on at their end. If they tell you nothing has been received yet then you have stronger case to go back to Disney telling them you contacted UPS and that they have a 3 day policy wherein if the label does not change status after three days then they are required to investigate it. Which means that Disney will need to follow it up on their end.

Good luck! I am really hoping that you get your dolls. Surely Disney could not have stuffed it up this badly that both the labels for your dolls have gone missing!

I hope not. Disney gave me the USPS tracking # (I have a PO Box) that is attached to the UPS label (UPS Mail Innovations/Innoventions/whatever it is called goes through UPS ground for most of the way and then USPS for final delivery to my PO box). They didn't give me the UPS label. UGH!

P.S. Still only a tracking # for Anna (that's wrong) and no tracking # for Elsa. I did two separate orders after what happened in November.

Last edited:
Elsa now made it to Alaska, which was the last stop before Japan for the other packages, so I hope she has remembered her passport this time and arrives safely in Japan.... For a second time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back