• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

Heroes & villains collection first look

Status
Not open for further replies.
If I go to FL Mall for future releases, I'll have to walk around and ask "you Guppy94? how bout you....you?' lol.

ahahahahah YES!!!! hopefully ill actually be there for that one!!! I mean i think I'm going for FF!

Sorry for going off topic slightly but I was after some advice from fellow collectors :)

I am looking at putting in an offer on one of the dolls on eBay but I am slightly concerned as the seller has a feedback score of 0
The payment would be made via PayPal so am I right in thinking that I am protected if the doll either doesn't turn up or turns up damaged? Sorry for sounding like a novice but I rarely buy anything off eBay and if I do it's always using my dads account!

TIA!

Sorry for going off topic slightly but I was after some advice from fellow collectors :)

I am looking at putting in an offer on one of the dolls on eBay but I am slightly concerned as the seller has a feedback score of 0
The payment would be made via PayPal so am I right in thinking that I am protected if the doll either doesn't turn up or turns up damaged? Sorry for sounding like a novice but I rarely buy anything off eBay and if I do it's always using my dads account!

TIA!

Read the description carefully before making an offer. But yes, you would be covered by eBay or PayPal (buyer protection policy). Send a message to the ebay seller asking for more pictures if it would make you feel comfortable. But remember, everyone starts somewhere.

Just make sure that the seller does'nt then try to convince you to send payment in a method other than PayPal.

Read the description carefully before making an offer. But yes, you would be covered by eBay or PayPal (buyer protection policy). Send a message to the ebay seller asking for more pictures if it would make you feel comfortable. But remember, everyone starts somewhere.

Just make sure that the seller does'nt then try to convince you to send payment in a method other than PayPal.

Thank you for all the advice, it's what I was thinking! :)
I have already messaged the seller asking for confirmation that the doll comes with the slipcover and hasn't been deboxed or anything
& of course everyone will have had 0 at the start!

My 2 cents on buying from eBayers...
I have bought dolls many times on eBay. Many.
I bought the 2011 designer Cindy from a seller with zero feedback. I paid, then no response for 5 days. I think I e-mailed on the 3rd day, and then again on the 5th asking for a response. Back then I had to wait for 7 days to pass before I could open a case. I opened one on the 7th day, and the seller immediately sent me a tracking number. The tracking number came up invalid. (sometimes they do when you very first purchase one....so I waited a couple of days) - still invalid. So I called Paypal direct. Gave them the transaction number which included the bogus tracking number they provided. Paypal immediately issued my money back. Never got the doll, never heard word from the seller except for their case response. It was bizarre. So, will I ever buy a doll again from an eBay zero newbie? No. I have learned that feedback is important and a zero or frequent negatives adds more risk to your transaction. I personally will pay a little more from a seller who has rave reviews about excellent packing, fast turn around, good communication. If you don't want to pay for peace of mind...you may still get a wonderful seller, but you may not. Most sellers are not thieves, but many don't know how to ship professionally. Heck, even Disney packs most packages pretty terrible. So I rely on feedback, and my personal #1 is guaranteed real pics, and my #2 is feedback that praises good packing. Again...just my 2 cents. I've been on eBay since '99.

My Ariel arrived today in perfect condition:) Very happy with her! I slightly tweaked her pose buy putting the fins down so you can see more of the sequinned tail and pulled some hair to the front- absolutely love her! My favourite Ariel doll so far. Now I don't no which doll I prefer from this collection as I like them all so much! It's between Rapunzel and Ariel though!

My doll set shipped out today! It's expected to arrive by Tuesday, which I am really excited about. So far it's been a much better experience preordering the set this year. Last year my set was shipped out early, arrived about a half hour away and then was sent back...only to be sent right back to me again. It was a nightmare! My nearest store is a couple hours away and I love reading about everyone's in store experience. It sounds like a lot of fun to mingle with other collectors and hand pick your set.

I have purchased from sellers that have 0 feedback. Many are regular people who just want to sell off their collection, but aren't regular sellers or scalpers. I have yet to have a bad experience, so it's pretty much a case by case basis.

Just received my Punzie set and glad I decided to buy her last minute. The color of her dress originally really wasn't doing it for me when I saw her at the expo and in store but I think the lighting just wasn't helping it either. Now that I have her in front of me, she is absolutely gorgeous and I'm so overjoyed! :)

Just got my Blastoff for the preorder. According to UPS, it'll be here Monday. Little early, but honestly, I'm busy Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday until late, so Monday's definitely the better date. I'll have to work until about 3:30pm, but I should be home by 4pm and UPS typically shows up anywhere between 5pm and 7pm, so I'll be home to receive them.

Just got my Blastoff for the preorder. According to UPS, it'll be here Monday. Little early, but honestly, I'm busy Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday until late, so Monday's definitely the better date. I'll have to work until about 3:30pm, but I should be home by 4pm and UPS typically shows up anywhere between 5pm and 7pm, so I'll be home to receive them.

I also just received my blast off email and they should also be here Monday! Hopefully the designer bags will be in there! Did they show up in your bag when you placed your preorder?

I also just received my blast off email and they should also be here Monday! Hopefully the designer bags will be in there! Did they show up in your bag when you placed your preorder?

Honestly, I didn't notice. But I'm not that concerned. Once I can get my room set up, I'm just gonna take the sets out of the bags to display, so it would be easier to find room for 10 bags rather than 15.

My designer bag was in the cart and on my receipt. Got my email saying only the dolls have been shipped, but no bag. I also ordered some ornaments along with the doll set... maybe the will ship the bag with them?

If you don't get your bag and really want one, I can send you one of mine, I really don't need spare bags.

To all, the bag will ship either inside the brown shipping box of the doll or they will ship the brown box of the doll inside a larger box and include the bag. Really not a big worry here. You all will get your bags in the shipment with the doll

Hi everyone, I need your help! I made both of these tops for my Designer Ariel for when she arrives! However I need help on deciding which one I want her to wear? Which one do you think would look best for her?
tumblr_nwqmxvgN4L1uo9m3go1_540.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back