• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

Heroes & villains collection first look

Status
Not open for further replies.
Heroes & villains collection first look
The quality control does seem to be pretty bad this time. Someone's Elsa has her leg backwards... It's not even like Rapunzel where it just kind of spun around but this was actually assembled backwards.. and this would've totally gone unnoticed if this person didn't debox.

12191057_868180003279404_320695240242764160_n.jpg

Last edited:
The quality control does seem to be pretty bad this time. Someone's Elsa has her leg backwards... It's not even like Rapunzel where it just kind of spun around but this was actually assembled backwards.. and this would've totally gone unnoticed if this person didn't debox.

That is one hilariously sad sight.

I got Elsa and Hans in the store yesterday and there are so many problems with it that I am going to try and return it to the store. The cardboard backing looks so AWFUL, like it has been chewed by a dog. Also, the slip cover was not folded properly so there is a hole at the top and the top of the cover is sticky with glue. Elsa's hair is a mess and the rhinestones on her braid are only at the bottom and don't go all the way up like they are supposed to. (They would not let us look at them until after we paid for them and they sold out at the store.) I ordered another one last night and I hope it arrives in good shape. I just hope they take the other one back at the store because I can't afford to have two.

I wasn't too happy with my Rapunzel set either. Gothel's dress had threads unraveling everywhere, and I had to open the case to trim them because they were driving me crazy. Rapunzel had some loose eyelashes stuck to her face that I was able to remove. I was at least able to adjust that set and am okay with it now. My other sets were fine. Quality control is always a problem with Disney dolls. I think it all depends on who made your set and whether they cared or not.

That's awful! My store allows us to look at two of the dolls and take our pick from them. It still doesn't guarantee a flawless doll, but it's better than going in blind! The hair on mine was actually messed up slightly as well, but since I got the very last doll they had I wasn't going to complain! I actually ended up opening her though and fixing the hair myself. I didn't want to do it, but I have watched video's online before so I knew how to open it properly at least. I didn't press the tab till it clicked, as one video recommend I'd do, in the hopes that I could get it back on and sealed when I was done. Thankfully it seemed to work OK cause I got the cover on and off easily enough and after a few experimental tugs the cover doesn't appear to be going anywhere anytime soon. Gotta say though, it was awesome to get a whiff of that new, factory fresh smell when the cover came off, and I do understand why some want to open them up. Speaking of which, pupuce, thank you for all the awesome pictures, they are great!

I got Elsa and Hans in the store yesterday and there are so many problems with it that I am going to try and return it to the store. The cardboard backing looks so AWFUL, like it has been chewed by a dog. Also, the slip cover was not folded properly so there is a hole at the top and the top of the cover is sticky with glue. Elsa's hair is a mess and the rhinestones on her braid are only at the bottom and don't go all the way up like they are supposed to. (They would not let us look at them until after we paid for them and they sold out at the store.) I ordered another one last night and I hope it arrives in good shape. I just hope they take the other one back at the store because I can't afford to have two.

I wasn't too happy with my Rapunzel set either. Gothel's dress had threads unraveling everywhere, and I had to open the case to trim them because they were driving me crazy. Rapunzel had some loose eyelashes stuck to her face that I was able to remove. I was at least able to adjust that set and am okay with it now. My other sets were fine. Quality control is always a problem with Disney dolls. I think it all depends on who made your set and whether they cared or not.

Oh, that's so unfair. If you go to the trouble of going to the store you should get your pick, and to have the one you get be so mangled is just inexcusable. Sorry yours is so bad. I hope you get a good Elsa shipped to you. I've always heard horror stories, but my dolls have all been pretty good in the past, so I just thought it was fairly uncommon and just very unfortunate for some people to get the few bad ones. I figured I'd end up with one eventually, but not every single one I ordered in the series. It almost makes it worth paying Ebay prices to get a look at the one you buy.

I don't think it'll do much good, but I think I'm going to bombard Disney with complaints. Maybe they'll improve next year. Maybe QC is so bad because they produced so many dolls this year. If this keeps up people will lose interest. I think they'll always have enough buyers because of the emotional attachment to the characters, but they haven't handle things well this year and people will only take so much of it before giving up on them. I know I'm less excited about the dolls now. I'm more just worried and not liking that they don't seem to care about putting garbage out there and continuing to raise prices at the same time. It's certainly encouraging me to rein in my Disney spending and put a good portion of my doll budget back in the companies I enjoy doing business with.

That's a horrible flaw, one that definitely shouldn't have occurred Ever! It almost makes me want to reopen mine again and check out Elsa's legs, just in case! I was so nervous taking the cover off just once though that I don't think I'd want to press my luck doing it again, this time the lid might not seal back up as well as the first time and I don't think I'd want to risk it for an imperfection I wouldn't notice otherwise! It's not like Disney's customer service would provide me with a new doll anyway if her leg is messed up.

That just made my jaw drop. How horrifying and funny at the same time... mostly horrifying.

I must have gotten lucky but all my dolls arrived in really good condition. Disney always suck with quality control and it's just a matter of luck. At the store I went to, you could look at as many dolls as you wanted

You know, it's in situations like this that make me wish Walt was still around. Based on the stories, it sounds like he was a difficult man to work with, but he was a tyrant when it came to ensuring top quality.

You know, it's in situations like this that make me wish Walt was still around. Based on the stories, it sounds like he was a difficult man to work with, but he was a tyrant when it came to ensuring top quality.

Too true, I can't help but think he would be ashamed to here these stories, and even more so to learn that such little is done about it by Disney customer service!

I do think Walt would have had a problem with these stories. He really did want top quality with everything his company owned.

I too have had problems. My Snow came with two big scratches across her chest. In certain low light, you can't see...but in nicely displayed light your eyes are drawn to it and she looks like a defective doll. My Snow set acrylic box also came with two white quarter sized marks on the top....heat marks? It looks like something that happened in the production line. She had already sold out online and in store, so I just wrote to Disney and sent them a link to pics. They gave me a credit of $25....which I felt was fair (thought if I could, I would have preferred to exchanged for a non/scratched doll). Every doll I have ever gotten has had some sort of crazy hairs that needed to be trimmed or fabric that needed to be adjusted....so I don't get hung up on those things. Now backwards legs? I would hope Disney does not expect collectors to pull apart a doll and fix that. That's just a defective doll. And Elsa of all dolls...the one who has a slit up the dress that allows her leg to show. Crazy.

My store allowed everyone to check the dolls up until the Rapunzel set, and then I think they just got tired of it and changed their policy. You can look at the doll only after you buy it, and you can't try to exchange it until everyone else has bought their doll ...so if they sell out, then you are out of luck. I understand it is a hassle for them for people to keep asking to see additional dolls and that it slows the line down, but for the price you pay I think not being able to look at them before purchase is unfair. Especially since they don't accept returns on LE items except at the store's discretion. If Disney didn't have such an issue with quality control, people wouldn't have to ask for another set. You can't blame people when they're spending $140 on these things and they're non-returnable.

The quality of last year's release was just as bad. I remember several people complaining so it is not just this set. My preorder set last year arrived with severe water damage (which was not caused by shipping -- it came out of the warehouse that way) and half of my dolls were disasters. Fortunately, I was able to get a replacement set. I think it is a matter of luck what you get -- although it should not be that way. There should be some consistency in quality so that everyone is getting pretty much the same thing.

Last edited:
My Ariel set arrived and this is exactly how it was packed… they didn’t even put in those air packs or anything!

TLM%20set%202.jpg

Oddly enough, even though there was nothing to stop it sliding around on the way here, they're perfectly fine. Nothing broke (like the plastic twist tie from my Snow set) or came loose/fell (like Tink in my Pan set).

My Ariel set arrived and this is exactly how it was packed… they didn’t even put in those air packs or anything!

TLM%20set%202.jpg

Oddly enough, even though there was nothing to stop it sliding around on the way here, they're perfectly fine. Nothing broke (like the plastic twist tie from my Snow set) or came loose/fell (like Tink in my Pan set).

If I ever packed anything like that at work (I work for Fedex), I'd be in so much trouble. Packing something like that is just asking for trouble. Granted, my customers complain I pack their things too well. Seriously, I'm the queen of bubble wrap.

TLM%20set%202.jpg

When I got my LE Aurora and Phillip it was packed the same way, two boxes, nothing to stop the 2nd from moving around! They packaged my Christmas ornaments that I bought online latter that year much better than that! Still, they were in good condition so I got lucky as well. It was the only time I ordered online though and thankfully I had already gotten them in the store anyway, I only got the second set for the experience of online buying and still have them in my closest.

I was able to take some pics of Kristoff & Anna today. Happy to see he does come with his hat. I want them now too lol

20151029_122952.jpg
20151029_113249.jpg

Love the picks! So glad they'll be first come first serve, I hate staying up late and almost didn't get up to buy Rapunzel and Gothel at the Disney Store because I had decided to take a cat nap after getting the Aladdin dolls. If my father hadn't called me I might not have gotten the set!

Can someone please tell me how a "first come first served" works at a Disney store for a hot item limited edition doll release? Are the dolls behind the cash registers? Are we given a number when we enter the store and directed towards a designated area? Is it a scrum free for all like a Walmart on Black Friday? I'm just wondering what to expect when a store opens at 10:00AM in a mall that opens at 5:00AM!

Got my blast off email this morning for elsa & hans - can't wait to see them tomorrow! Hope I don't have any issues with legs being out of place.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back