• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

Holiday Pin give away! DONT LOOK IF YOU DONT WANT TO KNOW!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Holiday Pin give away! DONT LOOK IF YOU DONT WANT TO KNOW!
thats my birthday too!!!!!! i lost my 2 babies last year and it killed me. we got charlie and he has been a massive welcome to our home. he was a rescue from Lhasa apso rescue online.

He is adorable! I adopted an abused Shihtzu terrier mix named Rascal. He is doing much better in a caring home and it helps me cope with my loss. I lost my other dog Patches right before Ringo, but Ringo and I had a very special and deep connection that to this day brings tears to my eyes.

It's always so sad to lose a beloved pet and friend :( I lost my Princess about 10 years ago now (hard to believe it has been almost that long) and my Patches (a Llhaso Apso) back in 2009. Those days were the hardest and most depressing for me but they both lived long lives.
Ringo was 11 and he was my younger of two dogs. Patches :)wiggle: I had one too!) passed just about a week before Ringo and he was 13...I don't know if it was a Where the Red Fern Grows event or the Heartworm that we were unable to catch in time. :( That is a mistake I will never make again and I can't help but blame myself for being ignorant of such a huge danger. But, to be fair I am in my early twenties and didn't know any better. Doesn't stop the pain or the guilt, but taught a very very important lesson.

what is going on in the world of pin trades?

i sent out about 400 trade requests the first day, sendt out another 250 the next day and with todays i have received 1 reply. i know i havent sent requests on a few years but is this how it is for anyone else??

the only good thing was that it was an accept!!!!! well a counter offer but i accepted it! so it counts,lol

these are some really hard pins to get. especially the rapunzels. thank gosh i dont collect them.

the pin give away names will be picked tomorrow so i can try to get these trades done and get the pins to the new owners before spring lol

happy holi-trades
kirk

What a generous gesture from you!! :hug:

The pin of my dreams is this one:

Pin 91023: Brave - Merida and Elinor Bear - Pixar Studio Store

I really care about this pin for many reasons....First of all, I fell in love with Brave since I saw the trailer of this movie and I used to watch it everytime...

I waited so long the date of release but when it happened I had an operation so I wasn't sure that I could see it :cry:

When I watched Brave for the first time I wept with joy!! It was and it is wonderful!! The songs, the landscapes (I always dreamt of going in Scotland!), the sense of freedom...

This movie is one of my favourite!!

I know that this is a rare pin so I apologize for my wish! :(

I wish you great holidays! :)

At the moment my 2 most hard to find pins are:
DESIGNER BELLE! the only one needed to finish my set arg!!
And the le 50 walle also a pin called grotto reflections. For some reason I have SUPER bad luck with this pin and have never been able to get it :(

I already have my ultimate Grail and at the moment much prefer to be the one giving away pins (
So ghosttrains, what is YOUR ultimate Grail :D

I have thought long and hard on this and id have to say the grand floridian logo in black. i have been searching for about 11 years and i have the complete color set. My first visit to WDW we were booked at the animal kingdom. whe we got there we checked in and went to the room. i opened the door and backed in with the luggage. i tripped and fell onto a spike strip of nails. they were rennovating the room and the carpet was ripped up.ouch! we went back down to get a new room and some bandaids and stuff and the desk girl freaked out. my back was covered in about 50 bloody holes coming through my white shirt. lol
the manager ended up sending us to the grand floridian in an amazing balcony castle view room on the water. we spent our honeymoon just listening to the magic kingdom noise, watching the water pgeant and the boat horns/monorail. It was amazing. the smell of the hotel was so exact and sitting on the couches while listening the the band play was the perfect everything. it was christmas so that made it even better, so i guess i did have a story. we have stayed other places but nothing compares to the GF. its impossible to stay there again since it is so expensive but we spend hours in the lobby every trip, lol.

P.S. IF you do not have your address listed with Judy aka. tiggermickey, i cannot get it and you cannot get the surprise pin i am sending you.......... A grail pin.... get it.... someone.... no addy, no pinny.......
ok no more hints!!

happy Holi-trades
Kirk

Hello,
I know I am new but this is the pin that took me from casual pin-for-pin trader to collector and i am still looking for it. People are always telling me that they had the pin but traded it away.

Pin 69256: DisneyShopping.com - Impressions Series - Ariel

I love the Impression series and wish they would make more in this style.

I've always wanted to stay at the Grand Floridian but yeah it is WAY too expensive... but they're building a DVC there, so I'm hoping that we can stay there eventually!

Great thread with some really good stories. Unfortunately I don't have a great story, but I have been looking for this pin:
Pin 33158: DLR - Tim Burton's The Nightmare Before Christmas Frame Collection (Sally)
As a dummy, I didn't buy it when it first came out, and now I can't seem to find it or trade for it.

Any help is much appreciated!

- Alex

Such a great gesture by you. Love all the stories. I would like to get a PODM of Pluto's Christmas Tree with Chip and Dale in the picture for my wife. She is on the transplant list for a new lungs and I don't know how long I am going to have her for. Her absolute favorite characters are Chip N Dale. Really any hard to get Chip N Dale would bring a smile to her face. She is still relatively young and has been battling this disease for over 6 years now. She has other health issues that add complications to the transplant so we just don't know what is going to happen. We spent part of our honeymoon 31 years ago in January at Disneyland so you know it is a very special place for us. We went in October as her unofficial "make-a-wish". We hope we can go many more times together.

Sorry to tell such a glum story this time of year, but it is the season of miracles and we hope to get new lungs and lead a healthy and productive life for many years to come. Thank you to the DPF community for allowing me to be part of it. I am a relatively new comer but I am acquiring pins every week.

Bob

Everyone has a good story, it makes me feel selfish in comparison. Since leaving Disney as a college program/seasonal cast member, I haven't been more of a trader then I have a collector I suppose. Even still my collection has more to do with memories that I hold there, good and bad. Though most of my keepers that I had acquired were sold a bit to pay bills or traded to other members. While my grail is of course the pin in my signature, I'm actively re-collecting any pin from from the WDW- The Scoop! and Scoop & Friends sets or any WDW CM related pins.
http://gallery.pinpics.com/cgi-bin/group.cgi?group=4690

I am not too picky...anything that's the Little Mermaid, Toy Story, or Aladdin are my main collections...other then that, I still desperatly need a Bambi, Alice, Snow White, and Peter Pan PODM for MY collection and I still need a bunch of PODM's for my son and daughters collections as well. What a wonderful thread...I have enjoyed going through and reading all these responses!

Hello,
I know I am new but this is the pin that took me from casual pin-for-pin trader to collector and i am still looking for it. People are always telling me that they had the pin but traded it away.

Pin 69256: DisneyShopping.com - Impressions Series - Ariel

I love the Impression series and wish they would make more in this style.

I love the impression series too! So, my pin at the moment is

Pin 69274: DisneyShopping.com - Impressions Series - Marie

It's just so gorgeous, and probably the most beautiful pin I've ever seen. The Aristocats was a movie I forced my mother to watch with me EVERY DAY for over a year when I was a kid, and this pin so perfectly encapsulates the essence of the Aristocats.

This is such a great thing you're doing, I hope some people get pins they've been looking for for a long time!!

the pin I would like BACK in my collection.... well, there are a couple, but this one has the most interesting story.
pin2419

The first time I owned this pin, I truely thought it was the ONLY pin in existance with the Hydra on it.:shock: it was a total conversation starter at the trade tables in the park. And honestly, I think it is what started the glimmerings of my dragon pin obsession. ((had nothing to do with me being born in the year of the dragon;) huh???)) Well, at some point, I finally got pinpics to divulge the rest of the hydra pins. I had tried 3 different times to find them and it kept always bringing up just this one. We all know how secretive pinpics can be with information right? So suddenly one day, 6 more Hydra pins pop up! and one of them is a Japan DS le 110.... well shoot, how can I be a completist when theres one that I will NEVER see? :banghead:

So, being a complete doofus,:crazy: I traded it away. I said to myself, "if I can't complete a whole 6 pin series, I don't want any!" :wat: ((I have said that about a few collections, and i regret all but one. lol )) But, now here I am, with 2 other Hydra pins, and a healthy start on the WDI dragon mickeys. and this pin, the one that started it all for me with dragon pins.... is NOT in my collection.:rofl: I want it back dang it!

So, thats the pin, and the story. There are many many other pins I would love to get into, or BACK into my collection, but that one makes me laugh every time I see it on my wants list.

This is incredibly nice for you to do! Nothing gets you into the holiday spirit like doing something for others.
I have 3 "omygosh if only..." Pins.

Pin 49362: DisneyShopping.com - 'The Little Mermaid' Storybook Pin (Jumbo)
which I'm trying to make a trade for with a fellow DPF member. Their Wants is quite limited so I'm hoping I could find something to make the trade. I love this pin because its every major character represented from the little mermaid. And as a newbie I promised my mom that if I ever got that pin it would be my second to last pin ever! (Lol she could foresee how expensive this hobby was going to be!)

Pin 45648: DLR - Featured Artist Collection 2006 - Chris Chapman - Grotto Reflections
and the other "what would be my last pin and I could quit pin trading and be happy." Lol. I always liked this pin since I saw it. Then when I started to take the idea and make it into the painting I fell even more in love with it. It's so gorgeous as in an art perspective. Even if this was a small regular sized pin this pin would have been just as nice. Wish it would have been it would have been easier to get people to trade for it! LoL

and the last..
Pin 8515: DS - Beauty and the Beast - Stained Glass (Boxed Set)
I think I've sent 100 request for this thing! I want it so bad because: well my bf had a bad taste in his mouth about pin trading. (More like ME pin trading) always being on the forum..all the time..him knowing we were going to Disney just because I needed to pick stuff up for people..and the expense of it all. Which I totally get. When we started to say "we will buy only one pin when we come" turned to me getting obsessed. Well the other day we were talking about pins and he says "you know...I want a pin subject we can collect together." (Since he only has one collection and its stitch) and he recalled on this pin when we slept down at down town Disney for beauty and the beast PODM. And said he would really like to have Vincent/beast and he wanted me to collect belle. I was flabber gasted. He totally wasn't into getting as addicted as me. But maybe he has seen the light lol idk. But knowing he wants to do a collection as a couple rather touches me. And the fact he wants to give pin trading another try because he sees how much fun im having rather surprises me. So for Christmas I have made him a lanyard that's blue and has gold middle and trim and mine is yellow - just waiting on the roses pattern to sew on the edges. And I'm putting it in his stocking. I was trying to get him his first pin for beast for Christmas but I couldn't get any acceptance emails.

Anyways there they are! Thank you for doing this for the community. Such a awesome thing. Merry christmas to you!

Kirk is the best. Thank ofoi this for ppl. Happy xmas to all.

If i could have any pins... I would say i want pins for my 2 kids. The thing that makes me smile and brings me happy thoughts is to see my boys happy. They love disney and pins so that makes me happy.

They would love a Wreck it Ralph pin cuz we all went to the movie and had a good family time. other than that any pin with mickey or fab five would bring a smile around here.

agian thank you kirk even if we do not get picked... its very very nice of u to share the happyness.
Happy xmas everyone

I've always wanted to stay at the Grand Floridian but yeah it is WAY too expensive... but they're building a DVC there, so I'm hoping that we can stay there eventually!

Do you think they will make that a DVC #2 and only let people who buy points there stay there?

Do you think they will make that a DVC #2 and only let people who buy points there stay there?

I guess it's possible but I doubt it (although the points required will probably be huge!)...the new DVC at Contemporary is part of the original DVC and this DVC announcement appears to include the GF DVC as part of the existing DVC:

“We continually look for ways to expand Disney Vacation Club by creating resort experiences that our members will love,” said Claire Bilby, senior vice president and general manager of Disney Vacation Club. “With the continued popularity of Bay Lake Tower at Disney’s Contemporary Resort, we are thrilled to offer our members and guests a new resort option along the monorail system with easy access to the Magic Kingdom Park, as well as a variety of shopping, dining and recreation experiences.”

Sorry Kirk! I seem to have hijacked your thread with GF talk!

...and may I just say: some people will do absolutely anything for an upgrade

hello! great act to yours!
I just started, and I have only one pin for now.
Any pin of Alice in wonderland is fine for me.
Thank you very much for doing this!:hug:

s.gif

Last edited:
Hi Kirk,
Thank you for having such a generous spirit! This pin has been a grail of mine since it was released and even though I have sent out thousands of requests I have never yet received a reply from anyone.

Here's hoping...
Pin 57296: WDW - Cast Member - Create-A-Pin - Hitchhiking Ghosts Going to Work

Hmm, why are all our most wanted pins also the most expensive pins?! LOL

EDIT: You can look at my sister's (starry_solo) signature for our most wanted pins. Thanks!

Last edited:
This pin: Pin 40105: Disney Auctions (P.I.N.S.) - Simba in Stampede
LE 500

This pin is my absolute highest grail. I remember watching the lion king, and at this exact moment in the movie that this pin captures I was like o__o "that's some intense animation". Then when I saw the pin I was like O_______O what. no.
The day I get this pin I will not let it out of my sight. I'll never let it out of my sight. It's absolutely beautiful.

OK The names have been picked!! i didnt think we would get to 100 posts by today so i took all the numbers and picked a mystery amount.

I hope you all have a wonderful holiday and since i dont have many of the pins, it may take a while to get them from trading and then get them to you..

If i picked your name and i cannot gt the pins listed I will be sending either something off your wants or something else.

Happy holi-trades!!

Kirk

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back