• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

Hows Overseas Trades doing right now

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hows Overseas Trades doing right now
Well one of my parcels turned up in the US today which is a relief just under 4 weeks to arrive...now just the pins to arrive so fingers crossed.

Could this be because of the severe wether? Here in Belgium we have some delay on 'internal' mail as well.

I sent a pin from the UK on NOVEMBER 15th and it has just turned up in Las Vegas yesterday (20th) I had already sent a replacement but just glad they had the original pin that they wanted.

Is the current weather over there affectin things at the moment. No flights at Paris or London? Thought I just heard this on the radio.?

Ashamed to say that flights have been severly affected for the last 3-4 days due to the weather with the major airports having been shut for a couple of days. I think things are getting better now though. Don't even get me started on the mail deliveries!!!!!:soapbox::)

Frankfurt has been closed on and off since Friday, yes. Just again this morning.

Around Christmas I always wait at least a week anyway, but add that factor in and it gets really, really bad like now. They say here passengers have priority, so you can picture the situation.

I just received a package from oversea's that was postmarked around the 20th of November. I guess the weather over there is pretty bad!

Aye I agree the weather is bad as Im still waiting on the Halloween train set to arrive and that was sent the 9th and since the postman has just been with no pins then no Christmas miracle for me :( fingers crossed it will come when the next post day is...think for me its thursday...

Thursday?! Wow.

We have had almost 10 inches of snow here, it's not funny. No idea if the mailman even made it to our street today. And it's still snowing.

I know it sucks but we have just ice now as the snow has gone and it sucks no post till thursday...Im hoping we might get post wednesday as doesnt say on the An post website if its just post offices or everything...

Still waiting on two myself

Lisa if one of them is from me then I mailed it on 12/10 I still have the receipt as proof of postage. I also think that Michael (mybabykelly) is awaiting a package mailed at the same time. However a third package to Kerri (pixiewings) had been delivered! I'm worried as all three of you guys live in CA!

one of my two remaining packages arrived now just one is mia at the moment and Im still waiting on the set from the US on the 9th :( this sucks.

I still have a way smaller package than your set MIA which was mailed on the 7th. That won't console you, but at least you're not alone.

haha its sucks as Ive got tomorrow for it to turn up then no post again till the 4th January..so means only 2 days of post this week..for some reason next monday is a bank holiday... :S

I tell you I am really nervous now reading through this - I'm stuck at home waiting for a Amazon delivery which is supposed to be guaranteed before 1pm today - our 2 sons IPods which should have been here before Christmas, pathetically late EVEN after paying £9 extra to get express delivery!

Am also in a heated discussion with an on-line pet product supplier who has yet to deliver from end November - failed initially to deliver to the correct house & was supposed to send out a replacement parcel & a token gesture refund NONE received - £30 of stuff MIA!!

Now after receiving a couple of PM's yesterday from fellow members, packages I sent to the US mid-December have not showed up yet & I have at least 18 packages to go out to you guys today ONCE this Amazon delivery finally arrives (promised before Christmas, then yesterday & now today!!)

Don't think I can take any more!! Oh yeah & my car tax is not here yet after doing that on-line too!!! This sucks big time!

Last edited:
I tell you I am really nervous now reading through this - I'm stuck at home waiting for a Amazon delivery which is supposed to be guaranteed before 1pm today - our 2 sons IPods which should have been here before Christmas, pathetically late EVEN after paying £9 extra to get express delivery!

Am also in a heated discussion with an on-line pet product supplier who has yet to deliver from end November - failed initially to deliver to the correct house & was supposed to send out a replacement parcel & a token gesture refund NONE received - £30 of stuff MIA!!

Now after receiving a couple of PM's yesterday from fellow members, packages I sent to the US mid-December have not showed up yet & I have at least 18 packages to go out to you guys today ONCE this Amazon delivery finally arrives (promised before Christmas, then yesterday & now today!!)

Don't think I can take any more!! Oh yeah & my car tax is not here yet after doing that on-line too!!! This sucks big time!

Dont worry Chris - I sent a parcel on 15th Nov which turned up on 20th Dec(6 weeks!!!!) and one sent on 25th Nov which has just turned up. There seems to have been some serious delays and I was having serious headaches as they were expensive pin sets I had sent!!!!! Fingers crossed for you!!!:x::x:

Dont worry Chris - I sent a parcel on 15th Nov which turned up on 20th Dec(6 weeks!!!!) and one sent on 25th Nov which has just turned up. There seems to have been some serious delays and I was having serious headaches as they were expensive pin sets I had sent!!!!! Fingers crossed for you!!!:x::x:

Thanks for that Donna - were they sent Airmail??

Just for the record my Ipods which should have been here by 1pm today are STILL NOT HERE & I'm still waiting in - such fun!

Thanks for that Donna - were they sent Airmail??

Just for the record my Ipods which should have been here by 1pm today are STILL NOT HERE & I'm still waiting in - such fun!

Yep they were airmail!!! The pins that took 6 weeks to arrive turned up the day I placed a claim with the Post Office.

I hate having to wait in for deliveries. They always turn up later in the day or when you have just popped out side to hang the washing out in the garden:lol::lol::lol:

I'm waiting on 9 to be delivered from UK to US, I mailed them out on December 11th. I have another I mailed out to the US on December 6th and that's not arrived yet either. Both of these out for nearly 4 weeks, and it usually takes 7-10 days!

I didn't know about the extra security, I've always marked my pins as gifts and clearly written 'pins' on the customs form. I use the little blue airmail stickers from the post office all the time, I'm confident they're not lost - they're just taking it easy!

I'm expecting two packages from the US that were mailed on or before December 4th, both are pin trades.

I am actually glad that there is a bigger problem and it's not just my packages taking a long time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back