• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

Hows Overseas Trades doing right now

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hows Overseas Trades doing right now
We made a trade with someone from Belgium on 14 Dec and have yet to receive ours. We think they received theirs since the pins we sent are now on their owns list, but we're not absolutely sure.

Ive had several out across the pond for about a month now, two I know have recieved thier pins, both have left me feedback for the trades!!! But none of mine have shown as of yet???? I keep hoping too, while two are individual trades, two are also multis that I cant wait to get to!!!

Heres hoping the new year gets us all LAST years trades before the New Year, becomes Last month!!

still nothing on my package from the 9th December :( today is week number 5 since it was posted...should I even think its gonna turn up...Im getting quite annoyed now if Im honest

All the newer pins from trades, purchases etc have made it to me in 3-5 even from Hong Kong.

Sybil, I just sent out snowwhite today 1/12/11. Please let me know when you get her. I know it has been a problem getting your post.

I'm still pulling what's left of my hair out - am awaiting confirmation from DPF members that 12 packages have reached their new homes - I'm seriously going to have to look at the compensation details very soon for the one's sent a calendar month ago! This is really getting to me now!

I'm still pulling what's left of my hair out - am awaiting confirmation from DPF members that 12 packages have reached their new homes - I'm seriously going to have to look at the compensation details very soon for the one's sent a calendar month ago! This is really getting to me now!

Don't be worried on my account! Mail here has been delayed with all the snow and I find it highly unlikely that those 12 packages you sent all got lost, they're just taking their sweet time getting here :)

Don't be worried on my account! Mail here has been delayed with all the snow and I find it highly unlikely that those 12 packages you sent all got lost, they're just taking their sweet time getting here :)

Hope you're right! A bit of good news that the largest package arrived safe & sound, so now down to 11!

I'm hoping the 2packages i sent will get to the traders very soon and all the waiting will be worth while...stupid Royal Mail not clearing the backlog first i feel really bad right now as i've recieved my pins from them and they are lovely

I sent out four international trades before Christmas, have received only one, but understand the issues are often with getting things into the US...all very small packages....but still no arrivals....learning patience is always challenging LOL!

What a releif. The package that I sent to Japan on December 18th finally got to its destination yesterday (28 days!). And there was much rejoicing....yah

my packages have all arrived now from before christmas that i was expecting :) posting should be back to normal by now

Hi Natalie
Did you get my pkg from 1/7/11..plmk as I recieved mine on 1/10/11
I still have my card here with ther trades on it,,I am still waiting on several one even before Christmas that they recieved

Judy

Will have to wait till next week to see if my package Im waiting on turns up.. next week will be 6 weeks which if no sign, Im giving up as I will be in Paris the week after so it wont even pop in my mind.

I'm still waiting for the package from December 7 too. But at least the large one sent December 22 showed up this morning. Phew!

Yes, fingers crossed for both of us.
It's only 20 dollars for me which would be worse enough, but you paid way more for your train set.

Maybe they're on the same boat or something like that. :D

:( A package I sent to America on December 13th has yet to arrive. Hopefully it shouldn't take much longer.

Yes, fingers crossed for both of us.
It's only 20 dollars for me which would be worse enough, but you paid way more for your train set.

Maybe they're on the same boat or something like that. :D

Hahaha maybe they are holding hands thinking *where are we going*

As long as they don't jump overboard. :D

I did ask the ebay seller meanwhile if he had sent it. As far as I know that "sent" icon comes up when the label is printed through ebay and things can happen like forgetting an envelope in the car, right?

Got a refund now within a couple of hours. Not really sure what to think, especially because he's still selling one of the pins I had ordered. :sad:

As long as they don't jump overboard. :D

I did ask the ebay seller meanwhile if he had sent it. As far as I know that "sent" icon comes up when the label is printed through ebay and things can happen like forgetting an envelope in the car, right?

Got a refund now within a couple of hours. Not really sure what to think, especially because he's still selling one of the pins I had ordered. :sad:

:( that sucks. with them giving you a refund must of meant they forgot to send it out or something like that. hope they turn up for you though if they did send them out.

I just completed a pin trade to Japan.

While it took a little longer than anticipated, I attribute the delay to bad weather in Seattle / US Christmas holiday, and the Japanese New Year holiday celebration. Based on his postage date, the pin arrived 7 days after mailing. About typical for my other trades from Japan.

:( that sucks. with them giving you a refund must of meant they forgot to send it out or something like that. hope they turn up for you though if they did send them out.

It did only now occur to me to check his feedback. Two negative and one neutral since I ordered, all for non-delivery. *sighs* Shame. Bought there a couple of times before and never had any problems.

If any of you are missing pins from DS in the US, it is probably because they are now using Innovations to send it, I used to get pins from them in less than 3 days after I ordered them. Now I get them about 9 days later, so that is a huge difference. I have tracked them and found my order sitting in Orlando, waiting to be picked up by the post office. The first part of the journey is with UPS and then it gets picked up and delivered by USPS. The whole process is much more time consuming.

As for International mail, I got a package from Vala in Germany in only 5 days, but my French pin pal mailed her pins to me and it took almost two weeks, which is about a week longer than usual.

I have had pins from Europe take as long as a month if they get detained at customs. Did you know that they randomly choose an airplane to check thoroughly and this check can take as long as one month? That could be where some of the pins all of you have sent or are waiting for are.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back