• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

I LOVE Pin Trading Because. . . .

Status
Not open for further replies.
I LOVE Pin Trading Because. . . .
I like pin trading because it's interactive. I like meeting new people, in the parks and online, and it's a great way to relive memories from my childhood.

I LOVE pin trading because, no matter how much the day has sucked, seeing a little package in the mail cheers me up. :)

Haha! Last week I came in from checking the mail & my boyfriend said I must've gotten a bubble envelope because I was smiling so big when I walked in!

Thought this thread could use a bump. :)

I love when pin trading because I get to hang out with awesome peeps!

I love to pin trade because it is something that me and my mother can do together, whenever we have a day off at the same time and we want to get out of this valley we try to go to Disney, she will even request a Sunday off just so her and I can trade. I told her of upcoming PTN and she thinks it will be fun, it will be her first and I am so excited. My sister and her family also love to pin trade and so I love trading so I can trade for her and gets pins for her so she can be surprised. I love meeting new people and discovering what they collect, unfortunatley I haven't been too apparent on the boards and am quite softspoken in person so I don't meet too many people, but everytime I see a familiar face it brightens my day and I try and trade with them. I love pin trading just because it can bring a sense of accomplishment when you finally trade for something you've been looking for.

I love pin trading when you trade with a child and you tell them, "pick whatever you want" and their eyes brighten and they walk away happy, that is why I personally love pin trading.

I'm an "in the background" kind of person too...

We love pin trading because we like seeing smiles on peoples face when we can help them get something they really need or want from us. Or sometimes a friendly "in person zap" which we've been known to do is the best feeling in the world!

But most of all, we love pin trading because of the amazing and kind hearted people we've come across, Who we've come to consider not just "disney friends" but everyday in life friends who we can go have dinner with, have random hangs out and just be normal NON DISNEY PIN FREAK friends! hahah.

- Bob & Cat

Its like a never ending scavenger hunt!!! Fuuuuunnnnn!

Yes, this! :)

Also I love seeing the LBEs in my PO Box drawer. It's part of my job to check my company's PO Box every day, and some days I get lazy and skip it, but now pin trading gives me a new motivation to actually GO like I'm supposed to! Because there might be PINS! :D

I love searching Pinpics for random keywords and seeing what comes up. That was how I discovered there was a whole line of administrative professionals pins!

I love arranging my pins on my boards, and rearranging them when I make new trades and purchases. I love to just sit at my desk and look at them sometimes. I love making a new board when I need space or decide I want a new theme; okay, I've only made three so far, but I loved doing it! I love coming up with a theme and then figuring out what the shape and color and fabric should be.

I love finding a pin that one of my friends really wants and surprising them with it.

I love clicking on "Matches to Wants" and having it actually NOT BE ZERO! (This does not happen nearly enough!)

I love the Pinter thread and reading about hilarious antics at live events.

I LOVE AUCTIONS! I might have to do another one soon. I don't know what I have that's good to auction but the one I ran before was SO MUCH FUN. And I love bidding in them too!

Oh and I also love trading with Cast Members... my best friend and I had so many amazing conversations with fun, friendly people at both WDW and DLR/DCA when trading with them. It was easily as much fun as going on the rides!

Bump!

I love pin trading because even though I'm 3000 miles away from my pin trading stomping grounds, there's still an opportunity to meet with like minded people and get some well deserved trading time in!

I love pin trading because when I'm away from my family and friends, and thousands of miles from everyone, I feel like I'm not alone - I have all of my pin trading friends ! (And some beautiful sparkly pieces of metal to look at, wow :) )

I love pin trading because..I just got done organizing my pins from last year,I have them on pinpics..but never put away and the ones from my trip this past May
My god I had alot there....but I love seeing what I have as I forget I have them!!

I like learning about this whole world I had no idea was out there. I also like it because it seems like it's a hobby where you can truly make it your own. I'm not really someone who's into being a total completist, or someone who gets crazy about pins just because they're rare or expensive. If I think the t-shirt Hidden Mickey pins are cute (which I do) and want to get that set (which I do) then I can!

It's a new experience for me (I'm new to trading) and new pins are frequently being released, but the nostalgia of seeing all the movies and characters I grew up with :wiggle:

Also, it's fun to meet more people who are passionate in their love for Disney!

Bump!

I love pin trading for all the creativity it inspires. Making frames, boards, projects or even adding one as a fashion accessory! I just brightens my day. :)

I love pin trading because it reminds me of my childhood, trading cards at school and collecting all of them! Takes me back, I love all the unique individual designs, there truely is something for everyone! So satisfying getting a pin you want and coming home to find mail has arrived :)

I enjoy pin collecting because they are wonderful little pieces of art that carry a mnemonic connection to parks, places, events and films that I've been to and loved (I also have a handful of non-Disney pins as souvenirs). Every time I look at them I'm reminded of that trip, or that ride.

They also carry with them an weird sense of belonging. When you see everyone else wandering around Disneyland with a lanyard, it's like you're visibly part of "the club." You're all sharing your own unique and personalized but still common love for Disney amongst those who also "get it." It's kind of neat.

I love pin trading because Chat distracts me from terrible papers with the mention of Jensen Ackles =w=

:3

2BC4BB57-49A0-49E3-9B51-32768E6C3C3B-249-0000001A2A32ECE0.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back