• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

I LOVE Pin Trading Because. . . .

Status
Not open for further replies.
I LOVE Pin Trading Because. . . .
I agree with what everyone has said. I also love to see the creativity of the pins...some just make me smile especially my Stitch pins!!

I have been collecting pins for 3 years and just found the trading love...so far everyone has been amazingly nice and super fun to talk to both on here and at Disney.

Let's make this one different, eh? Let's keep bumping this thread as much as we can with what we all enjoy about pin trading! How long do you think we, as a community, can keep this thread popular?

This +1000

TheGrimGrinner is one of the awesome people I have gotten to meet and appreciate! There are so many that I am now friends with!!!! I talk to many of you several times a day :) It is awesome! I am thankful to pin trading for expanding my buddy list ;)

Why I love Pin Trading:
Well first its NOT about those pretty shiney thngys you wear,trade or frame,its about the wonderful,fantastic friends you meet along the way
Its about chatting with others about thngs not just pins..The friends I have met on this journey are family to me...I treat them like that!
I love hunting down pins others need,and give advise when I can.So Pins are "Like glue,they STICK with me everyday..as a reminder to
the friends I met on the way to this tiggeriffic hobby....And alot of you are friends here..so many to mention ,but they know who they are:)
Oh yeah,I love to ZAP too!!

Ok he will not be named Strawberry Shortcake....how about "Fancy Fancy Pretty Boy Pin Trader Cupcake Jr." ....it will be a poodle with a fantastic hairstyle after all....
I love pin traders because they will keep me from naming my dog something awful but more importantly you will all flood my husband with heart felt PM's and a plea for him to get me a New Years Strawberry Blond Standard Poodle Puppy! Yes?

I like helping others getting pins even if it means giving them away at pin meets when they have nothing I want. I also like making friends and hope Ive made a few while being in this hobby.

I like visiting the UK with knowing that I can set up a pin meet for the manchester traders and everyone turns out to say hello as they not seen me in a few months so its a welcome back/pin meet so what can be better than that.

At our Family trip last December I introduced my 2 nephews to CM trading. Zac, the younger, is painfully shy and would never ever approach anyone unless his brother did first. And even then he just made a quick trade and walked away. But by the end of the week he was walking right up to the Cast Members and asking about their pins. It was so great to see him come out of his shell and that's a memory I'll always have! That's the kind of stuff I love about pin trading.

....cuz it gives me an opportunity to interact with people as crazy as me, lol!

-The pins are great
-The people are a blast
-The hunt is awesome

Freedom to collect whatever you want, and usually if you want a certain kind of pin it's already made. And this amazing community! :)

I LOVE pin trading because it is completely awesome! :cheshire:

There are some fantastic pin trader people out there and I appreciate them to no end!

I love the art and beauty that surrounds these pins. That's what keeps me in. :)

For us it just adds another element to the Disney magic, something else that we can do together and enjoy without leaving our home and whilst in the parks, we have made many friends through pin trading, people from all over Europe and the states and when ever we go on holiday it also adds to the fun of packing (i.e. which to take and why). And of course there is nothing like seeing someones face when you trade with them for one of their grail pins....or even better when its one of yours!

I LOVE pin trading because when I go to DLR, it's always fun hunting down CMs and chatting with the a bit about pins and other pin traders. :)

....cuz it gives me an opportunity to interact with people as crazy as me, lol!

-The pins are great
-The people are a blast
-The hunt is awesome

+2....

And, it is a fantastic hobby to share across generations; I've traded with some young pin traders who were not even 10, and with those who were retired!

I've learned that those who are serious actually have business cards printed up! Guess I better get a move on that!

Through DPF, I can keep up with the pin trading community, even though I live on the other side of the planet for a while...

And, through pin trading, I've managed to learn there is at least one amazing pin trader out there who lives in the neighborhood I grew up in more than 30 years ago....you know who you are!

:wavey:

Happy Trading!
Felice

I LOVE pin trading because I love looking on my wall and seeing all the little treasures I hunted down.

Id like to agree that meeting new people is one of my favorite things about pin trading. I can remember being nervous about approaching cast members to trade when I first started trading at the parks. And after being at the 1st annual Houston Pin trading meet, I can't wait to meet more of you in person and at the parks the next time I'm there. Hi cupcake!! **waving**

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back