• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

It is that time of year again, the docfish2u Zap-a-palooza event

Status
Not open for further replies.
It is that time of year again, the docfish2u Zap-a-palooza event
Also , I'm super busy at work at the moment but I'll be happy to update anyone's signature when I'm on holiday all next week

All of these stories are so wonderful, I'm delighted so many have had a nice pick-me-up this holiday! On that note, I can't believe I'm able to say this but I also am a lucky recipient of this magic. Thanks to David, Amy (aka the docfishes) and David (speedwaystar1) I have a most unexpected surprise! This is a pin I've tried to get hold of since I started Pinpics, so I am unbelievably grateful that I can now add it to my collection :) Meg has always been my favourite Hercules character and a big reason why I became interested in the subject I majored in, and now she also represents a wonderful bit of magic to end what has been a rather difficult year (a robbery abroad augmented my already-present depression) in a positive way. Thank you David, David and Amy so much! :)
g4qtRhA.jpg

Although not everyone is delighted with her arrival...
mbCbPjv.jpg

Quick update here. So the total count after everything is packaged up is 49 grails total. One of the boxes was a duplicate grail. I found a pin for one of you and then I had another pin donated that was even nicer. So the count is really 2 boxes and 49 pins total went/going out. So close this year. I will hit 50 one of these years. We have however beaten the old record. Thank you to everybody who helped us pull this off!!! Because of the kindness of the people here we had a fantastic year!!!

I CANNOT BELIEVE IT!!!!!

I was grail zapped!!

fbspcK.jpg

My picture is sideways, so id like to apolagise. But, thank you, thank you, thank you. I absolutely adore Esmeralda as a character and I can't thank you enough for helping me start a collection that shows my love for her and her movie.

Also a huge thank you to Disneykins for your help in finding this pin for me. Thank you. And a huge congrats for beating b your record from lest year. Congrats to everyone who was zapped. :) Merry Christmas

~XOXO Abbi

Yup all teary eyes again here. I look forward every day to see what everyone got but also the stories behind their grail. I'm getting goosebumps when reading, before this thread has ended I will have feathers lol :lol:
Just so amazing!!

Ohmygosh! You guys! I was zapped! :hsd: Now that I've stopped happy-dancing I can post. I truly wasn't expecting anything this time around as I have been the recipient of David and Amy's kindness a few times before. (Thank you, thank you, thank you! I treasure each pin you've found for me.)

But I was zapped anyway and it is awesome! I was in love with this pin but had no idea it was this amazing in person! I've been checking and it is officially the largest pin I own. And it's a stained glass! And it's Pin on Pin! And... well, here it is!

docfish2u%20zap_zpsfcawavro.jpeg
[/URL][/IMG]

There's not really a story to why I love this pin. I just do. I have a small (like 10 pins) SITS collection and I have a secret love for well done Fab 5 as other characters pins. I've seen this pin displayed in a few of your collections that you've shared and it just stuck out and stayed with me. I just love it! Now I'm going to have to move my little SITS collection to a bigger board! (First world pin problems. But what a great problem to have! :)) I love, love, love it! Thank you so much, David and Amy! You two truly are DPF royalty! :bowdown:

I love reading everyone's stories! David and Amy, you've been such a blessing to so many people! :hug: I'm finally starting to feel all Christmasy! I have been very overwhelmed lately and having a hard time not being a scrooge which is really out of character for me because I love Christmas. We've just had a lot going on and a few days ago I found out we will most likely be moving very soon, which will be hard on all of us, especially my kids. I'm doing my best to process this news and prepare for the changes while still putting on a happy face and carrying on with the usual festivities, but I really just feel exhausted. Then today I checked the mail and....

:eek: I was so surprised and excited!!! I have wanted this gorgeous pin since it first came out 2 years ago! We have the ornaments that match it and the Minnie plush with that dress... I kept trying to trade for it but it never worked out. It's such a sweet scene and it reminds me why I love Christmas so much. :) Then reading this thread and seeing all the generosity has made me feel like no matter what else is going on, I need to slow down and enjoy this time. <3 You guys are so awesome!

Thank you SO much David, Amy, and Snoffsan!

[/URL][/IMG]

There's not really a story to why I love this pin. I just do. I have a small (like 10 pins) SITS collection and I have a secret love for well done Fab 5 as other characters pins. I've seen this pin displayed in a few of your collections that you've shared and it just stuck out and stayed with me. I just love it!

That is a sweet pin. I can totally see why it stuck with you; it is indeed very well done! I wonder how many other forum members add pins to their "wants" after viewing these posts? :D

Volunteered at a Christmas party for the mentally disabled today. Thought I'd take a picture with my new pin set while still "in clown." Thanks again, David!

eca1c908f6c201db828e8adab5c73271.jpg

Scribbles sends her love. :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

All of these stories are so wonderful, I'm delighted so many have had a nice pick-me-up this holiday! On that note, I can't believe I'm able to say this but I also am a lucky recipient of this magic. Thanks to David, Amy (aka the docfishes) and David (speedwaystar1) I have a most unexpected surprise! This is a pin I've tried to get hold of since I started Pinpics, so I am unbelievably grateful that I can now add it to my collection :) Meg has always been my favourite Hercules character and a big reason why I became interested in the subject I majored in, and now she also represents a wonderful bit of magic to end what has been a rather difficult year (a robbery abroad augmented my already-present depression) in a positive way. Thank you David, David and Amy so much! :)
g4qtRhA.jpg

Although not everyone is delighted with her arrival...
mbCbPjv.jpg
Ahhh! I just got this pin myself recently it's so lovely!! Congrats!!

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

Ohmygosh! You guys! I was zapped! :hsd: Now that I've stopped happy-dancing I can post. I truly wasn't expecting anything this time around as I have been the recipient of David and Amy's kindness a few times before. (Thank you, thank you, thank you! I treasure each pin you've found for me.)

But I was zapped anyway and it is awesome! I was in love with this pin but had no idea it was this amazing in person! I've been checking and it is officially the largest pin I own. And it's a stained glass! And it's Pin on Pin! And... well, here it is!

[/URL][/IMG]

There's not really a story to why I love this pin. I just do. I have a small (like 10 pins) SITS collection and I have a secret love for well done Fab 5 as other characters pins. I've seen this pin displayed in a few of your collections that you've shared and it just stuck out and stayed with me. I just love it! Now I'm going to have to move my little SITS collection to a bigger board! (First world pin problems. But what a great problem to have! :)) I love, love, love it! Thank you so much, David and Amy! You two truly are DPF royalty! :bowdown:
This is my absolute favorite Sits pin!!! It's so incredible!! David and Amy are so awesome, and you so deserve it! :D

Oh my gosh all of these zaps are so so amazing! Ahhh! I'm so impressed. <3 merry Christmas to all! <3
Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

Last edited:
OMG OMG!! I got my mail today and guess what was there!?

IMG_5062_zpsdy5nwze8.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

My TOP grail! David and Amy, I can't thank you enough. After reading some of the other posts here, I have to say that I am truly blessed to be part of such a wonderful community. This weekend was a little difficult (my mom has Alzheimer and it's been hard) and the zap was the perfect way to lift my spirits. It really does feel like Christmas around here. :) THANK YOU THANK YOU! :hug:

Volunteered at a Christmas party for the mentally disabled today. Thought I'd take a picture with my new pin set while still "in clown." Thanks again, David!

I love this!

Congrats to everyone so far! This thread just keeps getting better and better!

What a beautiful clown you are! :) Your story and this post really warmed my heart, congratulations on that lovely set! :)

In complete shock right now! So, so thankful to be chosen this year. This year has been so tough for me and with how sick I've continued to be, it's been hard to get in that holiday spirit. But this lifted my mood and gave me some much needed cheer! Thank you so, so much. Time to update that signature! Not sure why the picture is so tiny :3

This picture is too cute! :D

Love all the zaps! Have to keep telling myself not go put anymore pins on my wants to start new collections. Have to stick to Frozen and Tangled lol XD

What a beautiful clown you are! :) Your story and this post really warmed my heart, congratulations on that lovely set! :)

giphy.gif

I am in awe of everyone's beautiful gifts, the generosity of David, and the gratitude that is shown on this thread.

I love how happy everyone is for one another, and I'm honored to be a part of this community.

tumblr_mdv5z8ccoy1r3tlbto5_250.gif

Thank you, David, for spreading all this cheer!

Scribbles is too adorable!!!! Although, to be honest, after reading her story all I could think about was Cam from modern family

Wonderful stories everyone!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back