• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

It is that time of year again, the docfish2u Zap-a-palooza event

Status
Not open for further replies.
It is that time of year again, the docfish2u Zap-a-palooza event
I'm all emotional reading what everyone got so far and the stories behind the grails. Congrats everyone this truly is the Christmas and Disney spirit <3

I am going to pretend to be at a loss for words but in reality I have a lot to say about this and my pin mail today.

d134c7ebc81ea79abae6345915d6bea7.jpg

I am happy enough to get pin mail trades and any extra zaps from such wonderful pin traders. But this Ralph Zap goes above and beyond anything I could have ever expected.

Ralph pins are a pain to collect. There aren't a whole lot and most of them are LE. And low LE at that. I've got a fair share of PTD now thanks to price stalking, hoarding money and buying a few at a time from the same seller. But very few ACTUAL Ralph himself.

I've posted it before why Ralph is so important to me. Wreck it Ralph was the last movie I watched with my brother before he died. Very suddenly and very unexpectedly. I even finished my Ralph tattoo this year.

David and Amy, this is truly an amazing gift and I am beyond thankful for your kindness and generosity that has gone into this project. It's incredible. I know they're Grails for a reason and there's usually a story behind a person's Grail but know that you've done more for people than just gifting a pin.

Here's Ralph on my display. That also got moved to the bedroom much to my husband's dismay.

2a46053a6915b4e8720430e37b802e3b.jpg

d9a8657343e425786004f77e43fb676c.jpg

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

I was zapped!

Thank you, thank you, thank you! It's baby Dumbo! (Mr.Stork is cool too!)

Thank you David and Amy! And thank you booger1964 for helping! Dumbo has always been my favorite Disney character, and I've always had a love for elephants! (I asked for a house elephant for Christmas as a little kid!) But the movie is more special to me now as I had to wait like Mrs.Jumbo to get my little bundle of joy! Thank you for making this a special year!

ACK I AM SO EXCITED RIGHT NOW YAY ELSA PIN!:roll: :D I love it so much, thank you:) I am having trouble getting the pics I took uploaded, but I wanted to say that it was here, at least. It's lovely. Thank you so, so much!:D I'll add the pics when I figure out what's wrong and why they aren't working for me.:)

Congrats Story! I don't know how David pulled that one off, that's amazing! :D

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-J320A using Tapatalk
You can tell that AvatarAng1 is new to the site. I do have the name grailslayer for a reason. :)

Congrats everyone thus far! These stories and photos are great!

David, question: Are you staggering sending out the pins in various waves, or did you send them all out at once?
I learned my lesson from my hospital visit last year, do it all as quickly as possible. All but three have gone out. I have received the final three pins I need to send out and they will be in the mail by Monday.

When I first posted on this thread, I didn't really expect anything out of it, I assumed other users who had been on the site for a much longer time would be more deserving of having pins given to them so I really was posting to help out with signatures in hopes that maybe next year I would have enough time/experience on this thread to be considered a true member. The gift I have received has truly touched me and in some ways, validated that I am a true member of the forum.

You became a member of our family the day you signed up to be part of DPF. I tell people every year that it does not matter how long you have been a member, just sign up. We have been treated like gold since we have been here and love to do the same for others.

These pins came to me during a hard year. I haven't been able to do much buying, let alone trading as money has been tight and other outside circumstances has made this year quite difficult for me. These pins have brought some light to my life and proved that there are such great people out there.

The funny thing about zaps, they seem to arrive at a really good time. I have seen it happen far to many times to not believe in pin karma. We are so happy we could spread some joy to you!!!

I would like to thank David, Amy, and Ashley V. for the lovely HKDL Belle and Philippe zap, I have been looking for pins from the set everywhere but traders are few and far between. You also managed to send my favorite pin from the set! Do you have mind reading powers or something!? I wish I had more words to express my gratitude but hopefully my happy vibes and well wishes reach you.

Don't ask about my powers, they are secret. :eek2:

Now I was more than surprised to receive a Single pin from the Zap-a-paloosa, so imagine my utter astonishment and joy when yet another pin was in my package. I make signatures on this site because I enjoy working in photoshop and I love making signatures for people on this site. It's so much fun to see everyone's individual tastes and pin preferences. I don't expect a payment of any kind, the joy users find in my work is enough for me. But I can't help but feel a sense of wonderment when my work is so well liked, I receive something as precious (in my mind) as a pin. So I am also here to thank Lwrn2 for her Zap. Yet another HKDL pin, this set has been on my WL for a while, but due to my fear of scrappers I have yet to accept any online trades involving them. I am absolutely overjoyed to finally have a pin from this set that is not a scrapper! Lwrn2 you didn't have to send me a pin but you did and that is so sweet of you, I thank you from the bottom of my heart.

I hope to continue making signatures and friends on this forum for many years to come!

UOTE]

We look forward to seeing your art for many years to come. The people here are amazing. I just can't say that enough!!! We always get a lot of praise for doing these events, truth is we could not do it without the help of so many people here!!!

I will start this with my week has been... difficult. My work computer had to be mailed back to the mothership in Tally due to a failed hard drive and today the spare computer would not allow me to log in and out tech people who usually get this fixed in about ten minutes decided it could wait two days. Most of my job is done on my computer, as even my bosses don't have the software I use. So today I kept jumping onto other coworker's desks while they were on break to check my email and do payroll (kind of important, no?). I put a leave slip in for tomorrow and left a half hour early since tomorrow we have a full office and there would be no spare computer for me to use and my big boss might be tempted to make me go work out in the field. Grumbled at my usual traffic for nothing mess on the highway home and the cloud that dropped just enough rain to make every drive worse than normal.

get home and grab the mail. Two LBEs. Hmm. Interesting. One is from a Letterboxer but it's not engulfed in packing tape. AH! The LBX secret Santa exchange. Most excellent. The other, I didn't recognize the name and address at first, as there are a few boxers and pin folks whose addresses I recognize a mile away. Then it dawns on me, It's David from DPF and I've been zapped! Into the house, dump the big tote bag, out of the work uniform and into my envelopes! And look what it is!

Stained glass Aurora!!! She is from 2003, the year I was liberated from high school, and is just wonderful! I'm so happy to have her come home!!! It made my gloomy day much brighter even if the cloud are still marching in before the "cold" front!

Shes moving in on page two of Aurora next to the shiny Sylveon, never to leave!

Thank you so much!

Again, pin karma at work. Stories like this bring us so much joy!!!

I am going to pretend to be at a loss for words but in reality I have a lot to say about this and my pin mail today.

I am happy enough to get pin mail trades and any extra zaps from such wonderful pin traders. But this Ralph Zap goes above and beyond anything I could have ever expected.

Ralph pins are a pain to collect. There aren't a whole lot and most of them are LE. And low LE at that. I've got a fair share of PTD now thanks to price stalking, hoarding money and buying a few at a time from the same seller. But very few ACTUAL Ralph himself.

I've posted it before why Ralph is so important to me. Wreck it Ralph was the last movie I watched with my brother before he died. Very suddenly and very unexpectedly. I even finished my Ralph tattoo this year.

David and Amy, this is truly an amazing gift and I am beyond thankful for your kindness and generosity that has gone into this project. It's incredible. I know they're Grails for a reason and there's usually a story behind a person's Grail but know that you've done more for people than just gifting a pin.

Here's Ralph on my display. That also got moved to the bedroom much to my husband's dismay.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Wow, thank you so much for sharing this story. We find stuff for people because I like a challenge and to give back to this community. When we find a pin that has special meaning that is an amazing bonus. Several down, so many more to come.

Happy Happy Joy Joy!!!

Congrats to everyone so far who's received a zap, so happy for you all! As someone who just got started collecting it's awesome to see the pins and hear the stories behind why they mean so much. <3

I was reading through all of the wonderful stories so far with a huge smile on my face when my sister brought in the mail and handed me an envelope. What was inside had me jumping up and down with joy!
IMG_0344_zpsltn7qqhv.jpg

Clopin is my favorite Disney Character of all time but he has so few pins none of which are very easy to find. I'm constantly on the lookout so that I may one day be a completest. And now thanks to David and Amy I am one step closer! Thank you thank you thank you so much! Words cannot express my awe and gratitude for your incredible kindness! I hope to pay it forward very soon! :hug:

IMG_0345_zps8l1b7ohv.jpg

The gang so far!

I was reading through all of the wonderful stories so far with a huge smile on my face when my sister brought in the mail and handed me an envelope. What was inside had me jumping up and down with joy!
IMG_0344_zpsltn7qqhv.jpg

Clopin is my favorite Disney Character of all time but he has so few pins none of which are very easy to find. I'm constantly on the lookout so that I may one day be a completest. And now thanks to David and Amy I am one step closer! Thank you thank you thank you so much! Words cannot express my awe and gratitude for your incredible kindness! I hope to pay it forward very soon! :hug:

IMG_0345_zps8l1b7ohv.jpg

The gang so far!
Aaaahhhhh! Someone else who loves Clopin! I'm so happy for you congrats! XD

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-J320A using Tapatalk

This thread has been so awesome to read - so many wonderful stories that prove this hobby is more than about the shininess of the pins! :eek2:

Pinfun, that tinker bell pin is beautiful and goes wonderful with the rest of your set!! <3
Of course your a part of the pin friends here, Kritter! I know how hard it can be when buying and trading seems to be more difficult than not, so it makes me smile that you were able to be zapped when you needed one most! :)
xdattax, congratulations on your aurora stain glass (and I gotta say I'm a huge fan of the sylveon aurora pin! Pokemon and disney, what could be better?? ;D)
BAM, yours made me tear up - so, so happy you were able to be helped to find a perfection addition to such a dear collection <3
juliepinetree, what a cute, cute dumbo pin!! And your connection to Mrs. Jumbo warmed my heart!
And Manta, fuzzybunny and Ftskim, congratulations to your wonderful new additions as well!! I can't wait to see the pics, Manta. Being an Elsa pin, I'm sure it will be gorgeous. ;D

I don't have a lot of time these days to be on the site, but I couldn't help myself to subscribe to this thread and join in the smiles of seeing so many wonderful pin memories made as well as enjoying the stories that come along the way. Thanks so much for sharing everyone and many congratulations all around!! I'm sure many more smiles and stories are right around the corner!!

Docfish, as though it can't be said enough... you are amazing!!

large.gif

Zappity-zap-zap-zap!!!!! Do any of you see a package in the mailbox and really want it to be a zap, but you are very practical and tell yourself it's just that thing you ordered? That happened to me yesterday. I saw the package in the mail and thought, "It's a zap! Heehee, no, not really." And the return addy was for an ebay seller I purchased something from recently (a pin for my son, actually!), of course.
[FONT=&amp]
Today there was another package in the mail, so I joked with myself that it was a zap-but-not-really, and then pulled out the package to stare at the return addy, which showed David's name. It [/FONT]was[FONT=&amp]​[/FONT] a zap! It was! From SirDavid and Queen Amy!!!

Look at that great guy below!! Like most pins, I think, the pic doesn't do him justice. He's huge, cause I take what I can get when I'm trying to post an image. Besides the fact that Stitch is pretty awesome, I have been collecting Mickey dressed up as a drum major, because he's so cool, and because I'm a band geek. :) And when I first saw this Stitch pin,well...you all know. I think he's going next to my drum major Mickeys! I'll have to post a pic of them when I get them all arranged. My little collection also includes the pin David and Amy zapped me with last year! Thank you so, so, so much, guys! And Merry Christmas!

7f38be8cbe99123c9ba602a94fe8922d.jpg

Last edited:
Guys guys guys!!!! I got zapped today by the grailslayer!!! I've been so sick since the beginning of November and I have had a lot go on in my family that's been rough these past couple months. I didn't figure that I'd be eligible for a zap, simply because I got my entry in on the last day.
David has always been so sweet and he's been my "go to" pin guy because he's so helpful and he seems to have wizard powers.
Thank you David and Amy... I'm so excited to have this beautiful gift and I shall treasure it always. I have a shirt and a cell phone case with this same design and I adore it!!!
IMG_3462_zps3c5njsvu.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Last edited:
So wonderful to see joy and cheer spreading through the forums! Thank you, David and Amy, for this wonderful gift you give to us every year. For anyone who has had a difficult 2016, I hope December is the beginning of a turnaround and a great 2017! :hug:

To all who have had a rough year or couple of years or life, I hope we were able to find a little something that can help brighten your day, even if it is only for a moment. When I say we try to find something for everybody who posts, I really do mean we try to find something for everybody. It does not matter if you are the first person who posted or the last. Some of you know I do have a magical drawer of pins that are not on my traders list. That is for a reason. I pick up stuff all the time I think might be grail worthy. I set it aside because you never know when you might need something. It has paid off again this year. Ventchick, your pin was in that drawer. Alice pins are always good pins to have put away.

Let the magic continue.

Oh and LadyBarclay, Amy is a band geek also.

Okay, I THINK I got the pictures working now!:)
Elsa wanted to help open the envelope...
25rktwp.jpg

153brf5.jpg

Elsa's not quite sure what to think of herself being on a pin...:p
27y8myb.jpg

And the lovely pin by itself! Thank you so much, I love it and I was so, so happy and excited to get something in the mail, lol:D This particular pin is one of my favorite Elsa pins because I think Disney got her expression just right.:) And her initial is in blue, which is my favorite color.:)
jzblsi.jpg

This particular pin is one of my favorite Elsa pins because I think Disney got her expression just right.:)

I totally agree! I think that is the prettiest Elsa pin they've put out so far. Whenever I see that one, I have to remind myself that I don't collect Elsa. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back