• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

June 14, 2014 Nightmare Before Christmas Event at Disneyland Hotel - REPORT!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
June 14, 2014 Nightmare Before Christmas Event at Disneyland Hotel - REPORT!!
Looks like I was mistaken. They do for Mickey's circus in WDW a couple years ago. For tiki they put it on my rsp results. So maybe we'll get confirmation then.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I wish I kept my e-mails but I thought it was like the Circus event and the early bird showed up on the confirmation notification but it was a 2nd notification after the initial one to tell us we qualified for the Early Bird pin.

Just signed up for this event. Can't wait to go... the merchandise is pretty weak (and overpriced) but that only saves me money. Well, except that I really want the framed set, and $275 will set me back a bit... but I have a few other Nightmare framed sets, so I can't pass it up.

I've never been to any pin trading event before. I have a bunch of plastic bins full of pins that I'd love to take to trade for my wants, but I'm wondering if you're only allowed a certain amount of pins/only can take pin bags? My expectations are high for this event; I hope I'm not disappointed!

Just signed up for this event. Can't wait to go... the merchandise is pretty weak (and overpriced) but that only saves me money. Well, except that I really want the framed set, and $275 will set me back a bit... but I have a few other Nightmare framed sets, so I can't pass it up.

I've never been to any pin trading event before. I have a bunch of plastic bins full of pins that I'd love to take to trade for my wants, but I'm wondering if you're only allowed a certain amount of pins/only can take pin bags? My expectations are high for this event; I hope I'm not disappointed!

The only limitation I can see would be how much you can carry and how you're going to carry it. I know Disney doesn't usually let people bring rolling wagons / things that roll behind (you can push a stroller, etc. but not pull a wagon) but I think that's only limited inside the parks.

But, who would watch your stuff while you pin trade at the boards?

Bumping this thread back up.

RSPs are in!!! Did you get what you wanted? I got everything I am wanting so I am happy :)

Also, is my signature not showing up from Photobucket or is it just me? :/

Last edited:
I got all of my RSPs but no mention if I got the Early Bird pin or not. At last year's Tiki Room event there was confirmation if you got one or not.

Got everything I wanted. I'm so excited!!! I was really nervous I wasn't going to end up with everything. No early bird pin mentioned on mine either. Makes me kind of sad and nervous but I registered in less than two minutes so I think I'm safe. :)

Last edited:
Bumping this thread back up.

RSPs are in!!! Did you get what you wanted? I got everything I am wanting so I am happy :)

Also, is my signature not showing up from Photobucket or is it just me? :/

Your siggy is not showing up because you've used too much bandwidth for the month, it won't re-set til a specific day (what day 1-31 did you register on PB?)

The only thing that is sold out right now is #12, the framed set. All other items are still available. I only purchased 1 #8, 3 #7's and 1 of the OE itty bitties.

Two questions maybe someone can answer... What does the letter D pin in the framed set look like? I at first thought it was Zero, but it is hard to tell. Also, someone has a starter pack of pins on Ebay of Nightmare Before Christmas and states they will be released June 15th. Does anyone know if this pack will be at the event?

Thanks bookhugger :). Thanks Supertank... I didn't even think about the first D pin when posting the question but the last one in "Disneyland" that has more white on it :D

I did find the Lanyard starter set listed on the up coming pins page for Disney. I wonder why it isn't scheduled to be released that weekend but the day after... :/

Do any of you that are going or have gone to these events before know if I have to go the 1st day and register or can I just go the 2nd day and register then?

If anyone would like something that is still available let me know. I would be happy to get it to you at cost + shipping. The only thing I can't get right now is the mystery sets since I already purchased my allotted 3 and the framed set that is sold out.

Side note: If anyone is just interested in the Lock, Shock and Barrel pin from the pirates set let me know and maybe we can trade or something.:)

Dixie

Premium Passholders may need to contact Event Services before payment for the RSPs is due in order to ensure they get 20% off.

I'm a PP, and when I saw the 10% verbage on my RSP results, I contacted Event Services and they told me that they had updated my (?) to note that I was entitled to a 20% discount.

Don't wait for the day of the Merchandise Pickup to do this, as there was additional verbage in (at least my) RSP results explicitly stating that no AP discounts adjustments would be made at the event.

The last Disney event was in June 2013 and it was based on the 50th Anniversary of the Enchanted Tiki Room.

I expect there will be one for Haunted Mansion too, as it is 45th Anniversary of HM in August 2014. So, I expect it will happen then. I will also look for a sponsor for the Haunted Mansion event!

Premium Passholders may need to contact Event Services before payment for the RSPs is due in order to ensure they get 20% off.

I'm a PP, and when I saw the 10% verbage on my RSP results, I contacted Event Services and they told me that they had updated my (?) to note that I was entitled to a 20% discount.

Don't wait for the day of the Merchandise Pickup to do this, as there was additional verbage in (at least my) RSP results explicitly stating that no AP discounts adjustments would be made at the event.

Wow, I would have thought that sending them a copy of your AP would be enough for them to realize which discount you get?

I submitted my RSP with a copy of my AP front and back and it is showing that I don't have a discount. Something must be messed up in their system. I sent them an e-mail, but they probably won't respond until Monday. I'll keep you all posted if I hear anything.

Wow, I would have thought that sending them a copy of your AP would be enough for them to realize which discount you get?

Just found out that everyone in my party will be getting an early bird pin and it will be available to be picked up upon registration!!

Last edited:
I submitted my RSP with a copy of my AP front and back and it is showing that I don't have a discount. Something must be messed up in their system. I sent them an e-mail, but they probably won't respond until Monday. I'll keep you all posted if I hear anything.

My RSP confirmation indicated that the AP discount will be applied at the time of charging the credit card used to purchase.

Krys10webb, Congratulations! Did you find that through an email or speaking with a Disney representative on the phone?

Thanks for the info, Rachel! I had the itinerary, but just wanted to make sure we didn't have to go register both days (seems logical that we wouldn't but sometimes things aren't so logical :D).

Krys10webb, Congratulations! Did you find that through an email or speaking with a Disney representative on the phone?

The other members in my party had to email to have items removed from their RSPs and asked then. They were both told that they would be available in their registration packets.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back